Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missions Briefings To Tie In With Mutator Missions.

DSpite

TL;DR - As long as we had a "heads up" in a mission briefing, would people feel comfortable in having missions that fall in trickiness somewhere between the ones we have now and Tactical Alerts, just more often then TA's ?

---

Currently, missions are basically "bring an omni-Frame build". You pick your fav Frame and you build for DPS and toughness, or at least, most Frames have a handful of builds people stick to in order to cover the majority of what will be thrown at them.

This breaks on Tactical Alerts. In fact, we usually have to run them at least once just as a "test", in order to see what DE has done, in order to go back and refit properly.

I don't actually want to go and mess with the current mission system too much, but what if from now on, Tactical Alerts had a proper mission briefing, allowing at least a half-cooked build to be created before going in?

Also, what if some missions on the Solar map started popping up as "special ops" where the briefing would give you a heads up of what is to come? There is mods we might fit that we might not fit normally, weapons that we would bring, we normally might not, and there would be cases where everyone WOULD bring a Loki, if the mission specifically had some "stealth" requirement of sorts, like bigger or tougher spawns on Alarm triggers because the base has a large enemy pool, or other Lore mechanic.

DE could also tailor this missions to be harder, as we are expected to bring more tuned builds rather then random stuff. If DE had some sort of dynamic mini-mutator system, this could add some variety to normal missions.

Makes sense?

I would assume it would be a Lotus message for the node you call up the mission for. In order to make any sense as far as "forcing" us or at least enticing us to attempt the mission, it would have to have rather wacky parameters, not as bad a TA's but enough that just a random build would struggle.

People have complained of ice tilesets where shield is halved, or they have shields negatives, this would be a way to get people into those missions with custom builds to better deal with them. I would personally just play them for the hell of it, but I can see a large number of people not doing so unless the rewards were better, but balancing that would be up to DE.

It would be a way to sneek peek new stuff and see how people react to it though. You could practically thrown anything you want at teams, ans see what sticks, and since players would know that these could be just one offs, get feedback right away.

I'm just thinking of it from the side of having a break from the normal missions, and getting something that fills the gap between that and the Nightmare/TA's middle ground.