The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Build Request

Tigerict

Question

Hi fellow Tennos, I'm a new player and when I start playing a game, I do my homework and research a lot, I think I've read 90% of the wiki. And since it's easy to build and also easy to play while being competitive in late game content(Even though I will pretty much change it with Prime). But my biggest problem is almost all builds and half of the information regarding the game are outdated.

So, I want to ask you guys a favor, can you tell me a good build obtainable in early levels and one for end-game content please. (Act like I have all commons for early, and everything for late)

Rarer mods that I have,

Streamline, Reach, power damage

Split Chamber, Hellfire, Serration, toxin, electric and the impact one(uncommon)

Puncture, slash and smash also electric and heat

Molten Impact, North Wind and electric.

Thank you in regards.

END OF TRANSMISSION

Edited by Tigerict

16 answers to this question

This a simplified version of what I use on my rhino prime. I build my rhino as a duration build for rhino stomp so as to incapacitate enemies for longer.

In what I made here I usually throw a damage resistance mod into the empty slot depending on what the enemy Im fighting is.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino/t_30_040004002_1-1-0-2-5-0-4-6-0-5-2-0-7-3-0-8-8-5-14-7-0-19-0-0_19-4-1-2-5-4-7-4-f-f-2-1-4-4-14-4-8-5_0/en/1-0-16

This a simplified version of what I use on my rhino prime. I build my rhino as a duration build for rhino stomp so as to incapacitate enemies for longer.

In what I made here I usually throw a damage resistance mod into the empty slot depending on what the enemy Im fighting is.

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Rhino/t_30_040004002_1-1-0-2-5-0-4-6-0-5-2-0-7-3-0-8-8-5-14-7-0-19-0-0_19-4-1-2-5-4-7-4-f-f-2-1-4-4-14-4-8-5_0/en/1-0-16

Stomp doesn't get affected by power duration.

@OP Since I assume you don't have any corrupted mods, I would go with Vit+Redir for survivability, Intensify + Stretch + Streamline for power strength, range and efficiency.

Late game, there's 2 build (you want to use rhino prime for this), mainly the roar build and the stomp build.

Roar Build

Stomp Build. You can swap R2 BR for any utility mods if you want.

Stomp doesn't get affected by power duration.

@OP Since I assume you don't have any corrupted mods, I would go with Vit+Redir for survivability, Intensify + Stretch + Streamline for power strength, range and efficiency.

Late game, there's 2 build (you want to use rhino prime for this), mainly the roar build and the stomp build.

Roar Build

Stomp Build. You can swap R2 BR for any utility mods if you want.

Thank you, really nice builds and thanks for the tip about early game.

One of the most important mods to get your hands on is Fleeting Expertise. It makes Iron Skin and Stomp a LOT more economical (and thus powerful). The derelict vault missions it's a reward from generally HAVE to be run in a group (very inefficient to solo) and there's usually people looking for groups in recruiting, so it's not too hard to tag along even if you're a little out of your depth.

Vitality and Rage is a particularly nice combo if you have Life Strike. For most content a 'tanky' setup including Redirection and Vitality is best, along with efficiency mods and Stretch (for Stomp).. A typical 'new' build for Rhino would look something like http://goo.gl/Al18z6, eventually upgrading with FE and BR R2 (both from vaults) in place of Flow and Constitution (which I think is easier to get than Continuity in early game).

One of the most important mods to get your hands on is Fleeting Expertise. It makes Iron Skin and Stomp a LOT more economical (and thus powerful). The derelict vault missions it's a reward from generally HAVE to be run in a group (very inefficient to solo) and there's usually people looking for groups in recruiting, so it's not too hard to tag along even if you're a little out of your depth.

Vitality and Rage is a particularly nice combo if you have Life Strike. For most content a 'tanky' setup including Redirection and Vitality is best, along with efficiency mods and Stretch (for Stomp).. A typical 'new' build for Rhino would look something like http://goo.gl/Al18z6, eventually upgrading with FE and BR R2 (both from vaults) in place of Flow and Constitution (which I think is easier to get than Continuity in early game).

Thank you a lot for the information. I found someone really helpful and he helped me get last hundred of plastids for Rhino. Then helped me with some mods etc. I wonder if we can do that together with his Radial Disarm Loki with Energy Syphon and my 4spam with Excalibur?

Edit: Where can I get Rifle Amp easily?

Edited by Tigerict

Vault run is basically an ODE/ODC mission (need to craft the keys which is available in the market). Think of it like a secret room that you need to unlock in order to get inside. There are 4 keys in the game(available in the market as well), but each mission the keys required to open the vault room is randomized. That's why it's more efficient to run it with 4 people (each person will bring different keys).

As for weapons.. 90% of people in forums will just say that "any weapon is viable, use whatever weapons that you want". But if you want specific weapons, try Latron/Boltor/Grakata/Karak for primary, Lex/Twin Gremlins for secondary, Dual Zoren for melee.

Vault run is basically an ODE/ODC mission (need to craft the keys which is available in the market). Think of it like a secret room that you need to unlock in order to get inside. There are 4 keys in the game(available in the market as well), but each mission the keys required to open the vault room is randomized. That's why it's more efficient to run it with 4 people (each person will bring different keys).

As for weapons.. 90% of people in forums will just say that "any weapon is viable, use whatever weapons that you want". But if you want specific weapons, try Latron/Boltor/Grakata/Karak for primary, Lex/Twin Gremlins for secondary, Dual Zoren for melee.

Thank you for the information, after I'm done maxing MK1 stuff, I'll craft Boltor and Amphis, buy a Lex and play around with builds regarding enemy types I guess. I have a Clashing Forest so my choice will be Amphis first :)

I hope Grineer will be nice to me and give Iron Phoenix for my Heat Sword :)

Edit: Typo

Edited by Tigerict

Thank you for the information, after I'm done maxing MK1 stuff, I'll craft Boltor and Amphis, buy a Lex and play around with builds regarding enemy types I guess. I have a Clashing Forest so my choice will be Amphis first :)

I hope Grineer will be nice to me and give Iron Phoenix for my Heat Sword :)

Edit: Typo

I will gladly give you an iron phoenix and a few rare mods to help you get out of the new player rut. Hit me up on the game and I'll give you some build advice as well

Assuming you're still mastery rank 3 that opens up some options to some of the higher damaging weapons (Vectis, Galatine, Ether Reaper) Here are cheap builds you could do and no Orokin Catalyst necessary (and if you have them to spare more power to you).

Melee

Ether Reaper

MJQr6t4.png

Galatine

DfMNkQq.png

Orthos

gdnkcqo.png

Primary

Vectis

PaHFviM.png

Secondary

Lex

94HBuNB.png

I can always add more if need be. Or if you want help getting better mods message me

Edited by link4355

Edit: Where can I get Rifle Amp easily?

Hrm, missed that.

All aura mods only come from alert missions. So you'll have to keep an eye on what's available when in-game, and check out the twitter feed so often looking for it, etc. There's any number of apps/rss feeds etc that can keep you informed too.

Or, you know, just get it from trading. Aura's are intrinsically valuable because of the lack of attainability, but at the same time there's no need for multiple copies so they're usually available. Rifle Amp's not an 'endgame' worthy aura so it shouldn't be too expensive.

Actually, swapping to Corrosive Projection and/or Energy Siphon would be the next step for making a build viable for harder content (but honestly I would wait on the prime for that).

On weapons: I would definitely try out the Karak, it's a nice solid rifle with nothing 'special'. For secondaries I would work towards the Akbolto if you don't mind the bolt + semiauto mechanics, and for melee I'd try out the Dual Zorens, which'll give you an idea what the upgrade to the Ichors would be like.

Thank you for all the answers, answering in order;

Cyrus; Sorry I didn't see it earlier, if you're in EU timezone I will be online during the afternoon-evening. I'd gladly accept your generous offer, thanks.

Link; Thanks for all the weapon advices, I'll definitely build both Ether Reaper and Orthos, and will make Gallatine too probably(don't remember what this was :P) I've also built and Amphis to use with Clashing Forest.

As for primary, I don't remember which gun is that and nobody suggested it to me yet so I'll definitely give it a try. I already bought Lex, but it'll wait until I max starters just like everything else I crafted.

Darzk; Thanks, after some asking around I also learned that today, also grabbed the Loot Radar(better than nothing) and slapped on my Excal until my bakery finishes cooking up my Rhino :P

I'll try Karak too, another unmentioned weapon. And I also heard about Akboltos being good, my Lato is maxed and ready to become a bolto, if I can get used to Bolto I'll definitely make it dual :)

All of you; I'll add you guys as friend if that's okay. You've been great help to me, thank you very much and have a good time!