Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keyshare Escrow System

CapricaSix

First off, I'm aware that "isolating" yourself to play with only a small group of friends and/or a few trustworthy clanmates is an alternative solution to this, but then again it doesn't mean we shouldn't or can't have another way.

So my suggestion is to have the option to make the game act as an escrow for our keys, for example you could tick a small box somewhere where you normally host and vote for your missions and opt for this service, the game would then accept those who have the same keys, take the keys from them and proceed with the game whether they decide to leave or not with all the keys taken from everyone equally as long as they've agreed to the keysharing. And as a failsafe, the recently added rejoin feature could work in favour of those with bad connections or unlucky buggy moments.

Thus minimising the risk and stress for everyone involved except for scammers and... "unpleasant" selfish folk. I don't see any reason not to implement something such as this.

What brought this on was.. well, I just joined a mutalist alad v keyshare session with 3 others, me and the host shared our keys, we got 1xSystems and 1xHelmet and suddenly the two others decided they had all the parts and wanted to leave, that we'd have "more luck" with other people. And so they just left, douchey move to say the least.

I feel for you. I can share stuff with my clannies, but when we go into the pub we either don't give a thing or getting robed. Would be nice to have something in between.

Cheers, I usually expect the worst outcome from the PUGs as well, still can't help but hope for some common decency though all the while constantly thinking "Oh F it, they're all gonna leave as soon as this is over.. oh they're sooo leaving.." as I initiate the session :P