Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Gorgon.

Revanoc

Just like the title says. Buff the Gorgon, seriously it was painfully nerfed and now it can barely shoot anything mid range, the accuracy of this weapon now is absolutely horrifying its like they just sawed off the Gorgon's barrel... This gun makes me feel like a stromtrooper (not being able to shoot anything)...

I agree, please revert it back because the gorgon was never op, it got nerfed for nothing, it got nerfed in the past which wasan't a bad thing, but the one from 7.9 the name "machinegun" doesn't suit it anymore

The accuracy is just terrible now, I just bought the weapon and thought it was just fine as it was, accurate for the first couple of bullets but very inaccurate once you went full auto.

keep the changes to the spin up on the barrel, revert its accuracy to what it used to be.

What a waste of 50k credits otherwise...

was so looking forward to this rifle, just got rank 3, bought it, and now... its terrible.

All I've been hearing is how they ruined shotguns and gorgon. I'll agree with shotguns... But my gorgon still turns things to a gooey mess of blood and guts, sure I can't hit people from the other side of the room but it's a minigun pretty much, it shouldn't be able to do that. I'm sorry but I really don't see how the gorgon is ruined...

If you want to know what I have I have 20% ammo max, 45% freeze damage, 60% fire damage, 20% reload speed, 30% Armor Piercing damage, 90% damage, 60% multishot and 40% fire rate.

If I can barely hit whats in front of me, the weapon is useless. I don't expect it to snipe things across the room, I thought the weapon was fine before, controlled bursts of 2-4 bullets were fairly accurate, but as soon as the weapon began to spin up and fire more rounds the accuracy substantially decreased, which makes sense, as the recoil of firing such high powered rounds at high speed would be very difficult to control.

The difference with the Gorgon before was that each time you stopped firing the spin cycle on the weapon would reset. Now it doesn't, keep that change, and put the accuracy back to what it used to be.

To fire the amount of rounds the game now expects you to fire to kill targets, the weapon is way too inefficient to use, sure ammo max can help at the start, but once you start to chew through those rounds its nearly impossible to keep the weapon fed. Id rather use the braton or grakata for rapid firing weapons.

Honestly the only way they can salvage this patch I can see is if they buff the magazine capacity again to a high amount of rounds. If they want to keep 90 round magazines for the gorgon the accuracy for single shots was necessary... If your gonna miss 60-70 percent of your shots you simply need more ammo then.

exactly, gorgon would almost need its own kind of primary ammo, and an increased starting ammo amount for the gorgon to work with this patch.

Would need like 100 rounds in the mag, 1000 to start with 50 to 100 round ammo pick ups off of the enemies and such, its so horribly inaccurate now even if your trying to fire only a few bullets.

I sold mine, it was useless now, thankfully didnt lose much progress, was only at rank 10.

I have been waiting to get the Gorgan for a long while. i am almost there. I think they should literally leave it alone. Revert it back to the way it was. It takes a while to get to LVL 3 any way. So its not like there are going to be noobs running around with it.

Rate of fire needs to be 15rounds a sec. Damage needs to be 35-70. Accuracy neets to be very close to 30. It has a freakin 20inch barrel. The 50cal in real life has that and it is a freakin laser beam of 77% accuracy. So this needs to be fixed. Just add a recoil mod or attachment for people to buy ot blueprint for it and rase the recoil to 35% and lower it to 10% when crouched.

All I've been hearing is how they ruined shotguns and gorgon. I'll agree with shotguns... But my gorgon still turns things to a gooey mess of blood and guts, sure I can't hit people from the other side of the room but it's a minigun pretty much, it shouldn't be able to do that. I'm sorry but I really don't see how the gorgon is ruined...

If you want to know what I have I have 20% ammo max, 45% freeze damage, 60% fire damage, 20% reload speed, 30% Armor Piercing damage, 90% damage, 60% multishot and 40% fire rate.

Miniguns are extremely accurate, I think you mean machineguns, even then those are pretty accurate with controlled bursts. Try running high wave defenses on enemies around 80 its easy to say its not broken when you test it on low level enemies. Youll see why most of us our pissed the guns just completely broken.

Honest question; do run speed penalties exist for any weapons? Seems like a decent compromise for a weapon like this. Giving the Gorgon good medium range accuracy would all but make the Braton(s) obsolete, but leaving it the way it is is admittedly pretty bad (especially with the screen-shake). How about unnerfing the accuracy but tacking on a 10% speed penalty for using it?

I personally hate speed penalties, I love being mobile, but advantages demand drawbacks.

Also.... remove the zoom ability from Gorgon. Never in the history of firearms has a man peered down the sight of a handheld minigun.

Edited by Qb3rt

reclassify it as machinegun and have machinegun ammo drops that give 100 ammo per pickup. 

And instead of zooming in use the right mouse button to perform a bludgeoning attack just in case ammo still runs out. I dunno why I'd need this with swords on my back but F*** yeah bludgeoning implements.

Edited by Necrio

Id like to honestly call it one but man it does spin up, which miniguns do making it a minigun, they would have to remove the spin up for it to be a machinegun

Miniguns also have multiple barrels, which the Gorgon apparently lacks.

I personally imagined that the wind up was intentional to allow the fire a few controllable rounds before going into all out suppression fire, obviously that function has be invalidated by the ridiculous inaccuracy of the weapon.

Edited by BobDillinger

Miniguns also have multiple barrels, which the Gorgon apparently lacks.

I personally imagined that the wind up was intentional to allow the fire a few controllable rounds before going into all out suppression fire, obviously that function has be invalidated by the ridiculous inaccuracy of the weapon.

Im with you on the accuracy being ridiculous now all the way. Yeah I noticed theres a single barrel so it makes no sense it would need to spin up. They should add more barrels to the thing. What id really like is if they actually released a whole load of new primary weapons including things like a light machinegun,etc. We need more variety we are reduced to using the boltor/latron at the moment, (I bought the grakata and I really gave it a chance its just uneffective whatsoever during high defenses it does make a deadly assault weapon for maps all the way to pluto though if supercharged and fully upgraded).

Besides, real machineguns are reasonably accurate weapons, or so multiple articles have claimed. Hitting distant targets with them is not unheard of, apparently. Though not sniper rifles, they have good effective range and can be used to fire single, precise shots (provided no twitchy trigger finger).

I agree with the OP. The Gorgon didn't deserve a nerf in any way, excluding maybe the super accurate first shot.

I tried to hit an enemy that was half hidden behind cover at about 30 m and managed to miss all 90 shots (pretty amazing, considering that I even put 90% multishot in it).

Honestly, the Gorgon has the accuracy of a Strun now.

Besides, real machineguns are reasonably accurate weapons, or so multiple articles have claimed. Hitting distant targets with them is not unheard of, apparently. Though not sniper rifles, they have good effective range and can be used to fire single, precise shots (provided no twitchy trigger finger).

Machine guns are essentially not too different from an Assault rifle. Usually the biggest differences are a far bigger magazine (MGs are usually belt fed) and the possibility to change barrels quickly.

The actual accuracy of an MG can even exceed the accuracy of assault rifles as MGs often come with longer barrels than your average assault rifle.