Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Shotgun / Should I Even?

RyouichiKitsune

Question

Redeemer!

Otherwise, Phage. 

Okay, I know I'm not being very helpful, sorry heh. 

Hek with syndicate mod?

nah redeemer...i wanta  shotgun primary not another melee weapon

phage o_O? oook..never heard that

its too late to get the "best" shotgun but the Boar Prime is pretty solid

well what WAS the best :P?

Of all the shotguns I have and potato'd and forma, I would say the Hek with scattered justice and 3 forma is right now the best shotgun followed by Phage and then Strun Wraith/Boar Prime.

And as much as I love the Tigris, I wish it was better with the reload time; right now the redeemer helps a bunch with the relod time and attacking but yeah...

Strun Wraith is probably is "best" one.

Hek with the Syndicate mod is quite decent against the Grineer, got good accuracy and lower damage fall off. Justice rocks too.

Boar Prime modded to status chance can be quite a beast too, but the damage is subpar and runs out of ammo quite quickly.

Edited by Esleyer

nah redeemer...i wanta  shotgun primary not another melee weapon

phage o_O? oook..never heard that

well what WAS the best :P?

the Strun Wraith, its still the best of the worst category but I remember when it was really good regardless of it being a shotgun, those were the days

so its been boar prime and the hek :I

and since the hek is easier to get i think ill be going hek...if its deemed worth it. is it?

Again, you have to realize that Shotguns are not very good at the moment even if you get "the best".

1. No Rifle Amp.

2. Falloff.

Any decently modded Prime rifle will be better, but if you still want one go for Hek+Scattered Justice. The need for an Ammo Mutation mod on the Boar Prime handicaps it far too much in my opinion.

Edited by Brimir

so its been boar prime and the hek :I

and since the hek is easier to get i think ill be going hek...if its deemed worth it. is it?

Boar prime is better at very close ranges but you'll need ammo mutator for it. Also full-auto is more convenient to use.

Hek is better at longer distances (but remember that it's a shotgun and has damage fall-off, so don't snipe with it) and has good ammo economy.

So the choice is between rapid-fire automatic shotgun or accurate ohk beast with very small magazine.

Boar prime is better at very close ranges but you'll need ammo mutator for it. Also full-auto is more convenient to use.

Hek is better at longer distances (but remember that it's a shotgun and has damage fall-off, so don't snipe with it) and has good ammo economy.

So the choice is between rapid-fire automatic shotgun or accurate ohk beast with very small magazine.

ive got a fully lvled ammo mutator o_O idk where i got it...i think i just got so many of'em and fused them together. and i dont plan to snipe with a shotgun lol. ima want to shove it up grineer booty and blow'em away. but honestl yid like a full auto shotgun...sooo boar prime is better in that aspect? it sa shotgun so idgaf abotu accuracy.

That thing is seriously overused.

Please don't add him to the list.

i REFUSE to use the boltor prime. so no worries king.

Edited by RyouichiKitsune

Ammo Mutator is a crutch and it is worse on a Shotgun than any other weapon type - Get Hek with Scattered Justice. Forget about Boar Prime.

You need every single mod slot you can get on a Shotgun because they need at least two (Point Blank/Vicious Spread) or even three (Point Blank/Vicious Spread/Blaze) just to get their base damage up as opposed to other weapons who just needs one (Serration/Hornet Strike).

Speaking of Shotguns, isn't there supposed to be a Shotgun Amp coming to the game at some point soon?  Anybody know anything about that?

Its never coming out I'd wager; none of the accidentally leaked Auras have been mentioned at all by DE. They'd better just make Rifle Amp apply to Shotguns as well (Shotguns ARE Rifles).

Ammo Mutator is a crutch and it is worse on a Shotgun than any other weapon type - Get Hek with Scattered Justice. Forget about Boar Prime.

You need every single mod slot you can get on a Shotgun because they need at least two (Point Blank/Vicious Spread) or even three (Point Blank/Vicious Spread/Blaze) just to get their base damage up as opposed to other weapons who just needs one (Serration/Hornet Strike).

Its never coming out I'd wager; none of the accidentally leaked Auras have been mentioned at all by DE. They'd better just make Rifle Amp apply to Shotguns as well (Shotguns ARE Rifles).

technically yes....just fires different ammo with a different set up so it should work o_O

but yeah so you're saying just to get the hek cause of more mod slots?

Thank you.

I used it for mastery, it's still sitting in my inventory though. I mainly use my trusty Paris Prime with maxed Vile Acceleration and Speed Trigger. Amazing.

the snipetron vandel is my <3...but i wanna change from snipers for a while. hence a shotgun thread

ok uh for a general understanding for everyone. i generally dont do any survival past 20 mins.(theres really no reason to considering rotatons) unless my friends wanna see how far we can go :I so thats about the extent of my "uber" game play even on t3 survival. would any shotgun be good enough to last 30 mins?

Edited by RyouichiKitsune

phage is really good, ammo efficient and wrecks late game

drakgoon is fun and lets you snipe if you want

boar prime is solid

haven't tried hek with scattering justice, but that sounds godly

And it's even better if you use it with Mesa and Bore; 6 extra pellets per shot and bore ramps the damage pretty high plus healing every few kills in the voids.