Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Arnt More Weapons Getting Mastery Ranked Locked?

UndeadGhostWarrior

As it stands the only reason for new players to get a higher rank is the syndicates, but now with weapons and stuff being tradeable there is no reason for them to play syndicates at all when they can just buy the stuff and avoid a ton of grind.

Can't newer weapons be locked to rank 8 or 10 and higher? OR some of the older weapons rank locked.

Syndicate weapons should have been rank locked to begin with , i despise the fact that people who have not even bothered to rank up to 5 buy the weapons then cry for nerfs once they think its OP...ok moving back onto topic

I think newer stronger weapons should be locked to higher ranks as to give players something to look foward to when ranking up higher , seeing rank 2 players with barely 100 hours fighting in game, fight on par with rank 18's with 2000 hours+ is rediculous. where's the sense of achievement?

back when i 1st started the game i remember working my way up to get a soma and the excitement of when i was finally able to use it, newer players should have this experience aswel with a variety of weapons.

They're focusing on new content. When this happens they forget about the finer details of things. Things like forgetting to apply characteristics (how secondary shotguns didn't have falloff before) or forgetting to reapply ammo caps to new weapon types or to add the flag required for a new thrown weapon to use thrown mods...the list goes on and on. The little things tend to fall through with DE.

^^ I totally agree with, when i first started to play this game, everything was so hard for me, farming, building playing... i'm now having 630 hours of gameplay, and I'm mastery rank 12. When a friend of mine was searching a game that was harder then others, he decides to play with me for once. After 30 hours, he has the boltor prime... It makes life easy and i feel like he shouldn't have it!! It's the same with syndicate weapons, Im still lvl'ing up my arbiters of hexis, and because i haven't payd a single cent for the game (something that might change with new prime pack) and my friend already has the synoid gammacor, the telos akboltos AND the valykor marelok... He hasn't even equiped a sigil a single time!!

PLEASE [DE]...

Marketing. Why lock a weapon when you can make money by letting them buy it instead? When new players see a weapon they want to get it asap so ranking up isnt a favorable option. I do agree though stronger weapons need a mastery rank lock to atleast 11 or have prerequisites like the dragon nikana. I hate the impatient new players that buy everything but cant do anything about it without a rank lock