Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunblades

Renkai141

Please no, gunblades, chainswords all that crap should stay away from a good game in a good setting.

You adding a gun to a sword just infuriates my ability to suspend disbelif, the phsyical impracticality of such a device alone would make it worthless. Inorder to effectively use a sword you need to hold it a certian way, use a gun in the same fasion and you both can't aim it properly, nor would you be able to hold onto it if it had much recoil, anything much more than a .22 would probably kick itself out of your hand when you tried to fire it due simply to how you hold it. changeing the grip to work better as a gun would make it difficult to swing as a sword, and potentially break your own wrist in the process. Not to mention the weight of a blade would throw your aim off unless you could hold onto it with both hands (reasons why rifles are two handed weapons).

Please no, gunblades, chainswords all that crap should stay away from a good game in a good setting.

You adding a gun to a sword just infuriates my ability to suspend disbelif, the phsyical impracticality of such a device alone would make it worthless. Inorder to effectively use a sword you need to hold it a certian way, use a gun in the same fasion and you both can't aim it properly, nor would you be able to hold onto it if it had much recoil, anything much more than a .22 would probably kick itself out of your hand when you tried to fire it due simply to how you hold it. changeing the grip to work better as a gun would make it difficult to swing as a sword, and potentially break your own wrist in the process. Not to mention the weight of a blade would throw your aim off unless you could hold onto it with both hands (reasons why rifles are two handed weapons).

You don't have to get it. There's a hammer and an axe and dual zorens around, personally I don't have them because they are too slow and not of my taste. And, don't explain that logic- look it up in the wiki and youtube videos it is possible, and warframes are in the future- there is technology, think before you talk.

we already have the amphis

Amphis is a staff neither a sword or a gun. What do you mean?

how about we throw in dildo baseball bats as well

You're pushing your extension, stop killing your own brain cells.

How about a gun that when you fire it fires a smaller gun and then the smaller gun fires a knife.

Gun that shoots a gun, stop right there. Calm yourself, think before you speak.

You don't have to get it. There's a hammer and an axe and dual zorens around, personally I don't have them because they are too slow and not of my taste. And, don't explain that logic- look it up in the wiki and youtube videos it is possible, and warframes are in the future- there is technology, think before you talk.

Amphis is a staff neither a sword or a gun. What do you mean?

You're pushing your extension, stop killing your own brain cells.

Gun that shoots a gun, stop right there. Calm yourself, think before you speak.

There's a concept, called 'sence of humour'. Ever heard of it?

i want a gun that shoots a gun that shoots a blade that shoots a gunblade

That shoots that first gun?

If we want to go final fantasy we need to include the king of japanese swords

Buster_Sword_-_Crisis_Core.png

I... think Eviscerator would fit gtim darkness of far future more.

There's a concept, called 'sence of humour'. Ever heard of it?

Nope, not at all. Cuz is not related to topic.

If we want to go final fantasy we need to include the king of japanese swords

Buster_Sword_-_Crisis_Core.png

Huge sword of justice? The biggest sword ever is from a certain anime that i forget about. But stay on topic at least.

Sigh, this is going no where.

Gods Eater Burst(game)

Edited by Renkai141

Sorry if this is on the wrong section.

Glaive = 

Finally, I can ensure it is possible to create multiple sort of designs in weapons with different functions. As a related weapon, a gunblade.

Not many games have these sort of thing, neither it becomes highly special due to their limits.

The "Look" and functions which I'm highly interested in- specially in this sort of game.

gunbladedesigns.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Now, before we judge quickly, The looks of these swords are not neither mass effect or any dark effect- they are most based fantasy liked.

However, it is just something to base of something even more interested- due to it's design for future preferences(hopefully if this idea ever does get seen).

For my version of a gunblade functions would seem much like these.(melee weapon)

Block : block with sword

Jump +(melee button) (this weapon will have 2 function) :

E hold in air, shoot on the ground(mid-air float).
normal E = hack down
Slide attack = Uppercut slash(launches enemy up)

Normal E on floor = Slash with explosive damage

Hold E on floor = Shoot(slow attack but powerfull)

Bullets? : Truly, I do not have a mechanism that you can reload or replace "revolver" bullets for this weapon, which is the only idea lacking(or defected) about my idea. But the slow shootings should replace the thought of that(hopefully).

Now, for realist : Warframe true mechanics- if these are not possible at all.

Jump +(melee button)

Hack down.(like any other sword)

E on floor = (normal sword animations or custom)

Hold E = Makes sphere explosive around the target and blows up after 1 second,(cooldown = reload gun).

Thoughts down below : Constructive critism, Any ideas to make it better- but please stay in topic.

Don't hate on ideas, only because is new.

Awesome who needs a rifle when you can have a gunblade lol. I think the idea is cool but i don't think its the right game for it. Plus I think gun blade might be an intellectual property of Squaresoft but I'm not completely sure.  

What if the "gunblade" take secondary AND melee spot to use it? it would fix the problem with the bulletmechanics on the "only melee"

Like akimbo gunblades, running to this grinners empty your clip and strike them down with the blades? and to ff? gunblades existet like, forever? think about the bajonett rifles, used along time ago, still used in some sort today . .

http://friedrich.uni-trier.de/de/kugler/462-d1/image/

http://www.whq-forum.de/cms/typo3temp/pics/161fd087fd.jpg

only because FF have them ingame, dosent mean "its so final fantasy"

square enix have no right in gunblades, but like someone on side 3 mentiond the problem about gunblades is the whole how to gun how to strike stuff.

think about it if you have the classic pistol handle you could only do somesort of hacking attack, and if you got more like a sword handle(like in the pic of the OP), its ludicrous to shot with them

well lets say if there was a gun blade or a sword that shoots out a laser blast it would most likely be the charge ability and its effect would be minimal unless everyone once to run around with gun blades. Its possible but the trend of it would destroy the use of using other melee swords or future re-amping of melee to have more  maneuverability.