Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Upgrade Recommendations!

Demon-King-Lamb

I want to upgrade my Alienware X51 PC a bit. I want to upgrade to different hardware cause it's just more affordable and get better performance out of it. I'm not too tech savvy. And I don't know about all the new stuff out there. So I'm asking for advice. Teach me some new stuff.

The Parts I want to Upgrade.

Motherboard: Alienware 06G6JW

Processor: Intel Core i3 3220

Socket: 1155 LGA

DDR3: Hyundai Electronics HMT351U6CFR8C-PB

I've been hearing about AMD and MSI. Are they better than Intel and other products?

I can't say much. But if you are looking for a Processor upgrade i'd get a i5 atleast, I use a AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core, which I heard from several places that it is a similar equivalent to a i5. but those are my suggestions on what to get.

Didn't have to mention you didn't know much about computers just the words "Alienware" say it all.

Luckily , this is still a decent system. 1155 processors are still available.

3570/3570K and the 3770K quad cores are the highest end processors for that socket.

Depending on the ram , i don't imagine it's 1333mhz speedwise. Probably 1600mhz as long as you have 8Gb of ram for gaming , you really don't need anything else. 

Then comes the video card. This is the cool part because you can go the Nvidia OR the AMD route.

Depending on your budget you can opt for the biggest bang for your buck. These days i lean towards Nvidia (more expensive) because AMD drivers are being released half-broken. (This isn't to say i don't like AMD parts. Just the current graphic drivers are horrid.)

If you need further help hit me up in a PM i'll be glad to assist you.

edit ** Looking at the ram - It's just rebranded hynix sticks (which is just fine!) that run at 1600mhz.

Honestly , if i were you (depending on the budget of course..) i'd go for a 3570k , a custom cooling solution and balance out what you want graphic-wise. (Nvidia offers PhysX - AMD does not. etc..)

Forgot to tell him if he wants the full oohs and ahhs of Warframe, Nvidia is the card to get.