Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is Pay 2 Play.

StarksPond

Actually just go on warframe wikia it seems to change per user but this is how it went for me:

Raid Missions: Chassis

Spy MIssions: Systems

Defense Missions: Helmet

I just farmed it not too long ago, it is quite similar to farming parts from a boss. It is also not restricted to planet, and I have seen that you have a higher chance of getting it when you do a mission you have not unlocked. So for example if you went to a Spy mission that is yellow you seem to be luckier than one that is blue.

sarcasm is hard to understand isn't it?

keep in mind that they still have to make money some how, if they made everything easy as hell to get then who would even buy platinum.

And like alot of people already said you can get the blueprint from alerts

i love the concept of this f2p that you can make pretty much anything with out paying a dime for it. 

slots for warframe & weapon slots are some of the only things you really have to buy and they are pretty cheap

this game are P2P? no way.

That thing about the hidden passives was a joke...

And to Mr. Buuhuuu this is pay to win:

I had this discussion with my girlfriend at least 5 times, because as you can see I am a founder, she isn't(you cant see that I know) and yeah the little space for frames and weapon is not so great but you can live with it. And that the Glaive is only available for plat and as alert bp is completely fine with me. Not even the gf has a problem with it, unlike the whole potatoe-problem. Potatoes are mighty. The Glaive is nice and all, especially fun to use, but lets be honest it is not the best weapon of all the times.

Edited by BenMorgan

One question? On a couple posts they say that I need to support the developers for further development of this great game of warframe. So technically I have to pay the developers to come out with new content that intern I have to pay for (glaive, helmets, warframes, potatoes, mag components etc.) So is that not technically a pay to play game? Considering we all know it's beta and I should be looking for ways to better this game (bugs, glitches, bad patches, etc) witch im trying to do (glaive shoulda had mass alert drop off the bat). This post details on how this patch is p2p and how the next patches (look) to be more p2p. Instead of me looking for bugs so when the game releases its the best it can be? My main problem is it is pay to win if I am not on 24/7 and don't make myself available for these items to come out on alerts. Hence there will be more bugs and less input on what could be greater items on these new patches to come.  Please no more bashes. Forums is a place of ideas and obviously people see what I am seeing otherwise they wouldn't dignify it with barbaric responses. Sorry about the miss spelling and such and not looking to offend but to improve there system.   FYI I like the posts on new planets with new bosses that can drop different things. Last note. Cant make people pay if they don't want to. This game stated that you would want to pay not have to pay.

Chances are they'll add a new planet or system since this ones kinda full. A new tileset, weapons, frames, and bosses to drop frame blueprints or do like banshee and farm defense to wave 15. It won't be plat only they'd have a S#&$storm on their hands    

One question? On a couple posts they say that I need to support the developers for further development of this great game of warframe. So technically I have to pay the developers to come out with new content that intern I have to pay for (glaive, helmets, warframes, potatoes, mag components etc.) So is that not technically a pay to play game? Considering we all know it's beta and I should be looking for ways to better this game (bugs, glitches, bad patches, etc) witch im trying to do (glaive shoulda had mass alert drop off the bat). This post details on how this patch is p2p and how the next patches (look) to be more p2p. Instead of me looking for bugs so when the game releases its the best it can be? My main problem is it is pay to win if I am not on 24/7 and don't make myself available for these items to come out on alerts. Hence there will be more bugs and less input on what could be greater items on these new patches to come.  Please no more bashes. Forums is a place of ideas and obviously people see what I am seeing otherwise they wouldn't dignify it with barbaric responses. Sorry about the miss spelling and such and not looking to offend but to improve there system.   FYI I like the posts on new planets with new bosses that can drop different things. Last note. Cant make people pay if they don't want to. This game stated that you would want to pay not have to pay.

No.

Getting new weapons right off the bat to play with does not fall into that category. Serving as an indicator of how the playerbase will acquire these new weapons and their rate of acquisition falls into that category. Showing how many players will buy the items immediately with platinum falls into that category. Bugs and issues with specific weapons will be brought up by players using those weapons, same goes for missions, maps, animations... etc. Just the recent posts on bugs with the glaive shows that there is enough attention to issues on newly released items from those who snapped it up immediately with platinum. Any bugs found by those of us who use the foundry to craft new weapons will likely originate from new updates which later altered how something behaves.

Last I checked, F2P players technically did not pay anything to DE to gain access rights for the entire game or updates. Unless you're claiming that you had to pay someone to download the Warframe client. Then you sir, got scammed.

P2W would mean the gun someone bought with Platinum would be more useful then the F2P acquired guns could ever hope to be. That the Platinum-bought version of the Braton is better than the credit-bought version of the Braton.

I do not see this phenomenon in Warframe, I just see people lamenting the RNG factor affecting their acquisitions of new shinies. And a shortage of cheese to go with their whine.

Edited by Cakes

Besides the Glaive, which I still stand by it being a S#&$ty move, one that hurts the games potential and I hope furture content doesn't go that way, the game is not pay to win, or pay to play or whatever you call it. It's all pretty balanced working to get stuff, it's not impossible or even near impossible. Blueprints drop pretty frequently and so does the cash, so whats your problem?

Btw, coming from just playing Need For Speed World Online today, this game is a godsend in the microtransction vs In-game currency/items. 90% of the cars in that game you got to pay CASH for. And if you were reading those forums, yes I was complaining there also.

Edit, just to add also. I did buy the Hunter Founder Pack thingy. I bought Frost, and still got Nyx, Saryn, Loki and Banshee and every weapon I wanted besides the axes which I bought with frost and the little flying dude. Everything is easy to get besides alert stuff. Because that stuff is just time, sitting around or watching your app/phone.

Edited by Krazy8s

Since this last patch is pay 2 play I just want to warn everyone about the next patch so there not disappointed. The next warframe Trapper/Engineer will have to be bought 100% just like the glaive. How do I know this? Where would they put the drop? The game is to small to put it anywhere else. Maybe as a log in bonus you might get lucky enough to get it? So I give my farewell to what used to be a great game and to what used to be great devs that liked to listen to there community.

GG

what lack of sense you have, dont you? by just adding the glaive obtainable by plat or ?alets doesnt means that everything added to this game will be like that you are just a stupid noob troller who wanna catch attention just see how many post has made dont even worth reading the title of his post

get over it and move on there will be better weapons that will make the glaive like a joke

Point taken so you as a founder always want to be more op then me as non-conformist?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this founder farmed and crafted everything in they use in game, including orokin reactors and catalysts. Platinum is strictly reserved for weapon slots, warframe slots, and holiday specials. Your P2W arguments are better invested on the forums of games where mall items are acquiring through cash transactions only. Last defense mission with someone using a glaive, can't really say I was impressed with their performance past wave 40. By wave 55 they were dead weight. Hardly P2W when they get outperformed by weapons easily acquired by the F2P route.

Also the rate of acquisition supports those that P2P

Yeah, it's called pay for convenience. Don't want to wait to get your new shiney? Pony up the money. Same applies to warframes and the majority of weapons in the game.

The game began with the 9 planets and 8 Warframes, we add nodes as we added bosses with blueprints for the growing selection of frames.

You are predicting something that is not true.

Banshee parts are a unique case as they aren't tied to a single boss, but they are still obtainable in many ways.