Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Movement Concept/alteration] Stopping During A Wallrun

TDefton

We should be able to use some method to halt ourselves during a WallRun. This helps with stealth and it will provide greater mobility. I have a couple of different ways the Tenno could do this...

1. We can use our melee weapon and impale the wall. After impaling the wall, we can either crouch on top of the weapon or hang from it from below.

2. We use void energy to connect ourselves to the fibers of the System, and stop ourselves from moving.

Both actions can be triggered when the space key is being held, but the directional keys (W, A, S, D) are not. Pressing a Directional key causes the Tenno to move in the desired direction. 

Also, this animation is altered depending on the weapon (Impact based weapons will not be included).

Swords: You impale the wall at a right angle with the wall, flip on top of the sword and crouch.

Axes(2H): Impale the wall with the side blade, making the axe shaft parallel with the wall, the Tenno hangs from the shaft as a pole.

Dual Daggers(Or Axes or Swords): You impale the wall with each blade and hang from them, both arms extended out and above.

Swords(2H)You impale the wall at a right angle with the wall, flip on top of the sword and crouch.

Glaves: Impale the wall with the weapon then crouch on top of the Glave disk.

KronenYou impale the wall with each blade being at a right angle with the wall and flip in between the blades with your feet landing on the handles.

Silga and Aegis: You impale the wall with the closed shield, flip over it and crouch on it.

(Eventually I will post sketches of exactly how I in-vision them. Please leave your feedback. I would like to know how others feel about this.)

Edited by Pckool12

I like the idea but I think it can run into problems. For instance, how does this work with hammers like the Jat Kittag or the Fragor? Or other "blunt" weapons like the Fist or Hands/Feet weapons?

Personally I just think we should take melee weapons out of the equation altogether and just give Tenno the ability to hang on walls naturally. Maybe even cling to ceilings if they can jump high enough.

Whoops, nevermind didn't fully read. Good idea.

Edited by Soldatto