Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Sigil Experience = Arcane Helmets V2.0

NGarai

So someone has something before you? You will still get access to the same stuff, no one has an advantage over anyone else. This really only impacts people who power through their syndicate leveling constantly.

it's not "someone getting something before me"

it's "someone getting something before me because they didn't' care about how they looked"

it's "someone getting something before me because of a cosmetic item"

it's not a big deal, I'm not actively grinding my rep but it's still like really? it's not even that big of a change and there is no lose in the proposed solution.

EVERYONE WINS!

edit: spelling

Edited by CelsiusPrime

Alternatively remove the bonus altogether and adjust the experience needed per rank. Once a Tenno has reached max rank introduce a special mission that grants bonus experience for further missions played that day. The bonus received is based on mission difficulty completed.

Isn't the purpose of the bonus, even though little, was to help players achieve Max Rank in less time and effort, to remove the feel of having to grind too much to the point that it's tiring players out?

Now, I'm not against some kind of change but,

So someone has something before you? You will still get access to the same stuff, no one has an advantage over anyone else. This really only impacts people who power through their syndicate leveling constantly.

So you don't mind paying 2,500 more per ranked sigil of the same tier? The arbitrary cost of each aesthetic item (in time) effects a player singularly. The fact that we can argue this point means that the bonus need not be associated with a cosmetic item, it needs to belong to another system.

Isn't the purpose of the bonus, even though little, was to help players achieve Max Rank in less time and effort, to remove the feel of having to grind too much to the point that it's tiring players out?

The sigil bonus is a ruse, a feel good number thats was made to satisfy the vocal masses (a forum minority or game majority idk). If the sigil bonus were removed one could adjust the rank level requirement appropriate based on average time played or simply a flat reduction (whatever metric calculation seems approiate for time/reward ratio). If it is such a small bonus (as other claim in this thread) then what does it matter if the bonus is removed and the rank experience adjusted accordingly. The bonus could be tied directly to rank or completion of special daily mission(s).

To reiterate, I enjoy each of the sigil designs and I have specific sigils that fit perfectly with some of my frames, it a subjective thing. However if I want the most of my time playing I must chose a sigil based on bonuses not aesthetics. This effect my "good feelings" when I play. I want the bonus moved to another aspect of syndicate system. I am irritated that subjective aesthetics preferences must be confounded with objective game benefits

Edited by NGarai

The sigil bonus is a ruse, a feel good number thats was made to satisfy the vocal masses (a forum minority or game majority idk). If the sigil bonus were removed one could adjust the rank level requirement appropriate based on average time played or simply a flat reduction (whatever metric calculation seems approiate for time/reward ratio). If it is such a small bonus (as other claim in this thread) then what does it matter if the bonus is removed and the rank experience adjusted accordingly. The bonus could be tied directly to rank or completion of special daily mission(s).

I don't see how the sigil bonus is a ruse. I think there would be no point in a lot of different sigil in a syndicate if they didn't have bonuses, otherwise, DE should have just made all of those sigils available for use.

Again, the amount the bonus gives simply makes you earn points faster(and it's only a minute amount), not more. Removing the bonus and adjusting the total amount of points required per rank would be an unnecessary overhaul to the syndicate system.

As for time/reward bonus, you would be either punishing those who play a lot of hours per day, or those who barely have time to play at all. It would punish a player who either has too much playing time or little to no playing time.

Bonus tied to rank might be a better idea, as for completion of a special mission, I just don't see it working out. 

I wanna wear my Syndicate sigils without it affecting my Rank, 

For instance The perrin sequence has some really awesome sigil designs; but I'm not always gonna be in the perrin sequence. Even if later on I start working for steel meridian, I'd like to wear the perrin sigils I unlocked. 

Purely cosmetic sigils. 

For instance The perrin sequence has some really awesome sigil designs; but I'm not always gonna be in the perrin sequence. Even if later on I start working for steel meridian, I'd like to wear the perrin sigils I unlocked. 

well that's a little different.

the idea behind sigils is that when you run missions you are running them "in the name of" or "for the glory of" what ever sigil you are wearing. so if you are with steel meridian and wear a perrin sigil that's like "yeah I'm a Canadian soldier but I refuse to wear a Canadian soldier outfit and will only wear an american or Spanish soldier outfit"

When rep bonuses were being applied to sigils, it was mentioned that DE initially chose not to do it because of the same reason applied to arcane helmets (cosmetic vs function). Community protested and, due to large demand, rep bonuses were added to higher tier sigils. This was a design decision pushed forward by the community (if my memory is correct).

Which frankly was a dumb decision (sorry devs). Rather than adding the percentage bonus they should have made all the sigils cost the same. If it is supposed to be purely cosmetic, as they said in the beginning, then each sigil should have been like 2500 rep and only locked by tier. I am still unsure as to why they thought charging so much for a badge was a good idea.

I wanna wear my Syndicate sigils without it affecting my Rank,

Allowing aesthetics without context goes against the intent of the designers and with aggravate the lore seekers in the game (i'm assuming, hopefully correctly).  All players should be able to enjoy the art objects within context they are provided (minus game benefits). I will wear Arbiters of Hexis proudly, knowing that Perin Sequence hates me, and want all Tenno to know it. However in ur  suggestion others cannot make that distinction. Bothersome.

Edited by NGarai