The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Different Weapons - Same Mods (Bump If You Agree)

JudgeZero

Edits in Italics

Updated Apr 28, 2013 to clarify

I might be the only one here, but I personally would love to be able to use the same mods on different weapons (and Warframes)

This would allow you to switch between sets of weapons and Warframes at your leisure depending on mission or what role you wanted to play, with out the currently excessive amount of demodding and remodding.

Thoughts? Yes/No?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Allow the user to use the same serration rifle mod on his Braton, Boltor, or Latron without having to remove it from one rifle to attach to another.. Allow the user to use the same Blunderbuss shotgun mod on his Hex or Strun without having to remove it from one shotgun to attach it to another.

Same goes for Warframes. Allow the user to use a fully ranked Redirection on every Warframe without the need to remove it from one to attach it to another.

Sentinel's make it a bit tricky, because they could potentially be sharing the same mod as a equipped weapon . I personally don't use the same rifle/pistol mods on them, that I do on my rifle/pistol (use the lowest rank elemental's as a support)...however I do not believe it would be to big of an issue if they used the same mod as a weapon that was equipped (especially with effort that goes into ranking some of them up).

It's a lazy thing, I'm tracking...but meh. It would be nice.

Edited by JudgeZero

you mean like auto switch the mods to from weapon A to weapon B as you change to it? 

I believe he means switching mods from specific-weapon-assigned to a floating system.  So even if your maxed multishot and maxed serration are in your Braton, you can still put them on your Latron.  That way, everyone could just leave all their weapons fully modded and wouldn't have to take off and then put on every switch.

Edited by Shinnyshin

I believe he means switching mods from specific-weapon-assigned to a floating system.  So even if your maxed multishot and maxed serration are in your Braton, you can still put them on your Latron.  That way, everyone could just leave all their weapons fully modded and wouldn't have to take off and then put on every switch.

Exactly.

That's something I would like to see implemented. If they can't for some reason, I would at least like a 'detatch all' button so I don't have to manually click and drag each and every mod out. I like to change weapons and test them all since this is a BETA and they need feedback and I've probably spent thirty minutes alone if you count up all the little seconds just moving mods and putting them in.

The big question to be raised, however, is underleveled weapons.

You can't quite put 30 spaces of mods on a level 0 weapon.

Not quite sure what you're getting at. It's a level 0 weapon, of course you cannot put mods on it. The hope is that, for example, if you have two Rank 8 rifles you can attach the same 8 cost mod to them both without having to remove it from Rifle A to attach it on Rifle B.

The big question to be raised, however, is underleveled weapons.

You can't quite put 30 spaces of mods on a level 0 weapon.

I think you misunderstood.

Lets say i have 30lvl latron

i put lets say serration vital sense and point strike mods on it.

i also have 15lvl braton

while serration is still equipped on my latron i could use same mod on my braton too without need of getting another one.

Fantastic idea, i first thougt you meant making ex: shotgun mods work with rifles, like making a general fire mod and frost an shock instead of a seperate one for each different weapon, however THAT whuld be kinda bad in some ways, makes the game too easy,however what you really meant is a great idea, i want this to be in game right now! take this to the frontpage! deve listen to this! this is the idea of the month! (next month aswell if they can't get it ingame till the 1 of may :D

The only thing is- what about sentinel weapons that have mods used by pistols/rifles? You could put your maxed serration on both your laser rifle and your braton for example, and not have to worry about gathering another 1000+ fusion cores. Of course, sentinels aren't that useful damage-wise anyway, but I think this is going to be brought up as a counterargument.

The only thing is- what about sentinel weapons that have mods used by pistols/rifles? You could put your maxed serration on both your laser rifle and your braton for example, and not have to worry about gathering another 1000+ fusion cores. Of course, sentinels aren't that useful damage-wise anyway, but I think this is going to be brought up as a counterargument.

I believe Sentinels would still have to remain the same way, separate mods for them. I personally only throw a few elemental mods on there to act as a support (i.e. Freeze/Electric/Fire).

That sounds nice but wouldn't it tackle the fact not all weapons should use the same mods? For example my melee dual zoren is high crit based so I have a crit chance mod in there to boost it even more (trust ive tested it it helps tons for the dual zoren) while for something like the fragor I wouldnt even dream of throwing that in.

That sounds nice but wouldn't it tackle the fact not all weapons should use the same mods? For example my melee dual zoren is high crit based so I have a crit chance mod in there to boost it even more (trust ive tested it it helps tons for the dual zoren) while for something like the fragor I wouldnt even dream of throwing that in.

What I interpreted it as was that he wants to be able to have the mods stay in the pool (even when equipped) so that you can still switch between weapons fairly easily without having to rearrange your entire mod inventory.