Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm, It's Maths Are Wrong.

matrixEXO

I seriously mean it. It shoots 1, 2, 4, 8 and... 10 shots... Yeah. I think we don't need those extra 2. DE, sorry to say this but that last windup doesn't double the shots so please remove it and counter-balance the damage so max shots roughly remains at the same damage value.

EDIT: Also, for those who are complaining about ammo deficiency problems, this weapon is the model case of niche builds. It's streamlining players into using Shotgun Mutation and Shotgun Scavenger to alleviate the issues that comes with it. It also just means you weren't supposed to maximise it's fire rate but instead maximise it's damage.

EDIT 2: Video as proof of pellet windup.

Edited by matrixEXO

I thought it goes by increments of 1 (i.e.: 1, 2, 3, 4..., 10).

Or maybe I have done my tests wrong. 

Each bolt fired increases the subsequent bolts being shot by 1. This means it goes by multiples of 2.

EDIT: Coincidentally, holding the fire button equals to 27 shots total.

Edited by matrixEXO

Each bolt fired increases the subsequent bolts being shot by 1. This means it goes by multiples of 2.

Strange, because on the client side, holding it down seems to just show one additional pellet each fire. 

Might be just a bug. 

EDIT: Also, for those who are complaining about ammo deficiency problems, this weapon is the model case of niche builds. It's streamlining players into using Shotgun Mutation and Shotgun Scavenger to alleviate the issues that comes with it. It also just means you weren't supposed to maximise it's fire rate but instead maximise it's damage.

And even those two would not help much as well, to be honest. 

can't be worse than Boar Prime.

i meant in the ammo efficiency.

Yes, it can. Because it has 245 ammo and bonus 900+ ammo but you burn through it like butter if you keep firing at max shots. Otherwise, you have a sub-par damage performance. Remember that currently, max shots equals to 10 and the ammo obtained from normal pickups is also 10. Basically, at max windup, it's 1 shot per ammo pickup.

Edited by matrixEXO

Strange, because on the client side, holding it down seems to just show one additional pellet each fire. 

Might be just a bug. 

I'll just go in and test it some more in case I'm really wrong about it.

EDIT: No difference as client. I'll upload a video to show you.

Edited by matrixEXO

I'll just go in and test it some more in case I'm really wrong about it.

Then again, that game was quite laggy, so it might be just that. 

Anyways, ran my own test on solo with the thing, and they fire pellets in 2^(x-1) (where x is the number of shots fired when the trigger is held down).