The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Aa/lighting Pixelization After Hours Of Concurrent Play

VioDuskar

so....

after a few hours, maybe 6 or so, of playing WF, this happens.

wwcZpde.jpg

it happens everywhere, in mission, in liset, everywhere. I rebooted WF hoping it would fix the issue (sometimes it does)

but i noticed it didnt this time.

I originally took a screenshot with steam's overlay, but when i review the image there was no pixelation. I had to use window's snipping tool to get this image.

I have:

two GTX560Ti's in SLI (1GB DDR5)

a GTX560 dedicated to physX

16GB RAM

1090T thuban 6x CPU

OS on SSD, WF on HDD.

anyidea why this is happening? I have all settings on high, except motion blur, which is off. dont like it.

Notice this is a lighting thing, darker parts are less skewed

Edited by VioDuskar

might be an overheating issue

all 4 temps look great. i've started looking at temps since U14 temporarily fried my GTX560. and U15 made my GTX560 literally melt a bit.(it leans permanently now) i'm talking 137 Celsius. my RoG motherboard wont shut down on Vid Card overheat.

Edited by VioDuskar

The temp you're reading is probably Farenheit. Asus' probe readings sometimes get screwed up. Even so, if your cards are melting or warping under load, you really need to improve airflow around them.

That said, it looks to me like VRAM errors. There's no easy way to check the temps for VRAM, but you might want to get a program like Kombustor and run a quick memory test to see if they might be damaged. Also run Memtest86+ on your system to see if there's any issues with your DRAM.