Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Catalyst Removal On Weapon Change

winterau

I think it is fine for DE to alter the characteristics of the weapons as they see fit, but it would also be really nice if when they did so they also allowed players to remove any potatoes that they had put into the changed weapons.

The characteristics of the weapon post change might not suit the players purpose so they should be able to decide to put the potato elsewhere if they wish.

Edit: by "change" I mean that if DE nerf a weapon, people who have potatoed the weapon should get the option to remove it. There should be no general way to get a potato back.

Edited by winterau

I think it is fine for DE to alter the characteristics of the weapons as they see fit, but it would also be really nice if when they did so they also allowed players to remove any potatoes that they had put into the changed weapons.

The characteristics of the weapon post change might not suit the players purpose so they should be able to decide to put the potato elsewhere if they wish.

Only if dat destroy the weapon! otherwise u ill only need 3 potatoes! but overall i think its a bad idea ppl ill get rank like crazy and a lot of other stuff are xploitable with it i think!

When I say weapon change, I mean when DE dramatically change a weapon, like they have done with Hek and Gorgon recently, people should be able to remove a potato if they had one.

I'm not asking for a general way to remove potatoes, I'm saying that we should get a respec on the item when they dramatically change them.

Sorry for not being clearer originally.

When I say weapon change, I mean when DE dramatically change a weapon, like they have done with Hek and Gorgon recently, people should be able to remove a potato if they had one.

I'm not asking for a general way to remove potatoes, I'm saying that we should get a respec on the item when they dramatically change them.

Sorry for not being clearer originally.

Hmm yeah that could work. Maybe add a sort of penalty like 10000 credits, or if you extract the potato from a weapon you just get the blueprint so you have to craft it again.

The largest problem I see is cost versus value, they are far to rare for what they cost. They are far to powerful for the current cost. The rarity of the drop based on events only needs to change. 

The potatoes need less rarity to match the price point of the item, which is cheap as hell. Value versus cost wins for paying players, but we can't always be home to get the event, making the rarity of the item too far outside it's price point. The cure for this issue is changing how the items drop. Sadly that's hard to do, unless they want to make the potatoes a rare drop from enemies, lockers, chests... etc.

Edited by Kregoth

honestly i would be ok with this if it destroyed the weapon in the process

ive got a scindo i catalyzed and since U7 my scindo was just nerfed so hard i dont like using it anymore (SOOO slow now, and NO range)

i think removing potatoes without some kind of fee/charge would be counterproductive to DE's current model, but if you had a choice of getting the potato back but it destroyed the frame/weapon/sentinel in the process, then i think i could see it being a reasonable sacrifice

so in my example i would be sacrificing and losing my rank 30 scindo, but in the process i would regain the catalyst i used on it, leaving me with a catalyst i could now reuse somewhere else but with my scindo being destroyed (like being sold but with zero credits)

I really do feel like there is a reading issue for people.

I will try to be clearer.

I don't think there should be a way to remove a potato.

However when weapons get nerfed, I feel it would be fair of DE to offer to remove any potatoes that may be on those weapons. E.g. if someone had potatoed their Strun, now that it is nerfed, DE should offer the potato back as a kind of respec for the weapon.

There would be no way for players to remove a potato only DE could.

You should have titled this a "respec".

Not that I think its necessary.

What would a "nerf" be? Would they need to remove your potatoes every time they adjust the smallest of features? Potato removal every hotfix?

Simply moving potatoes among your equipment will never happen, potatoes are an important income for DE and while they are rare it doesn't take too long to get a couple once you start unlocking levels for alerts.

If removing the potato not only cost a lot, but also destroyed whatever it was used on, then it might be fair but I still doubt this could ever get implemented.

Edited by CubedOobleck

You shouldn't be able to remove them whenever you want. However I feel like you should get the potato back when you use the weapon in a blueprint, such as the Lato to Bolto.

But that's just me probably.

I have a suggestion that might help, this is similar to purchase refund system in league of legends, each account should have a certain amount of refunds available ( say 3 Refunds per lifetime of an account) and you could use those on anything you would like to get refunded but you can never get any more than that. That would make players use those refunds wisely if major changes happen to the game. Example would be say you bought a certain item with platinum you could refund the platinum and you would lose the weapon, or you could use it on a weapon/warframe with a potato on it and get the potato back. This is the basic way to do it but i think it would work extremely well. Downside is that this is still beta so stuff gets buffed nerfed all the time so it's probably not wise to use those refunds while in beta unless they kindly restore the refunds when the game actually launches fully :) 

Edited by ZWarhammer