Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Augments Suggestions And Feedback

Terranaut

Alright, as you can see from my postcounter I'm not particularly a fossil as far as the forum's concerned, but two cents is two cents.

Basically, I'm not very happy with the augments released. The idea is great -- I love the idea. But the balance is off. I don't know each and every one of them in detail, but I noticed a huge discrepancy in their respective usefulness. (Total Eclipse: 458% bonus damage for all allies. Swing Line: couple free casts of Rip Line as long as you stair airborne. Valkyr is by far my most played Frame, and Rip Line is neat for movement, killing pesky drones with your melee weapon out and getting enemies off of consoles. But... well, let's just not talk about what I think about Swing Line, I'd rather try and avoid profanity)

Anyway, generally this thread is supposed to offer a place to centralize feedback - and ideas - for Frame augments. Don't be dissuaded from posting just because an Augment already exists. But keep your ideas reasonable, and keep it civil. "F*** you X is a S#&$ty augment" doesn't help anyone from DE make it better, even if 100 people agree. At best they'll think of something else that might just be as bad in your eyes.

As Valkyr is my favorite and most played Frame, I'll throw some of my own ideas in the arena to kick things off.

Rip Line
When targetting an enemy, shoots 1/2/3/4 additional Rip Lines, automatically hitting the nearest enemies for the same effect and damage.
When targetted at the ground, all enemies along your travel path will be knocked down.
War Cry
Debuffs enemy armor by 25% / 35% / 45% / 50% (same amount as the ally buff). Changes the effect so that the buff/debuff are applied any time someone moves within range of the Valkyr using it, with time remaining equal to the time remaining on the Valkyr.
(basically means if you enter the AOE late you still get the buff)
Paralysis
I actually like this one. As in, the one that's in the game.
Alternative suggestion: In addition to the unaugmented effect, any damage taken during the cast is reflected back at enemies.
Hysteria
Every consecutive hit on a target removes 5/6/7/8% of the targets armor per hit as long as Hysteria is running (for a slightly nerfed version: 9/10/11/12% per hit, but immediately removed if you change targets or stop attacking for 3 seconds).
(This is multiplicatively, of course. Hitting a guy 12 times won't leave him armor-less; It'll go, assuming 100 armor as a base value, 100-92-84.64-77.86, ..., 36.76 after 12 hits).

I'd like to think that these augments would give a Valkyr player enough effect to actually install the augmented mod, provide this effect in all stages of gameplay and not be gamebreakingly OP (basically the three things I personally try to check to see if an augment is good. I mean, honestly, Swing Line is probably not installed outside of people looking for parkour rooms or fun builds and I'm certain the same goes for other mods, which probably don't even see usage in joke builds).