Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soloing Issues

Fijasrules

I am very aware that this post is long but if you have ever tried to solo missions (even more so since the latest update) this may sound familiar.

I have always been a big fan of playing solo in all sorts of multiplayer games because it was usually more of a challenge and I love a good story. I understand that warframe doesn't have a story yet but it is harder and a different kinda play style on play solo compared to in a group. I think that if you play solo there should NOT EVER be a mob of 20+ grineer or corpus (infected excluded because of runner which kill themselves) that show up. The reason for this is that it takes either an ult or patience or super melee slide kill skills to take care of that many enemies and if you prefer a slower, more precision kinda gameplay you sit back snipe anything you can see and melee what comes in close.

However when it takes 1-2 minutes to clear a mob that's that massive after leaving the room the Lotus says something about another mob ahead. This mob after mob after mob in every other (almost) map tile never happens in multiplayer because you kill groups faster because there is more of you. I want to be able to take my time and there be only so many enemies you can kill in a mission. For instance yesterday I killed 425 corpus mid-level (19-25) in one deception mission that ended up being about 35-40 minutes long just to kill and advance and not explore everything. I was using the latron I had jus gotten to level 4 for armor piercing level 0 so it took me 2-4 shots to kill the corpus but 425 enemies and 25000 exp and 13 mods and cores later I finally finished the level. There has to be a way so that the slower more deliberate players who prefer to snipe then to run gung-ho with a shotgun or gorgon into crowds to be able to not have to kill that many enemies to clear a level. I average about 250-300 per level solo to finish and that i feel is just too many to be on those little asteroids

Run-gun style with shotty or gorgon tend to speed it up. Some warframe also have abilities which allows you to speed it up, like Rhino's Ironskin which allows you to go forward without the fear of getting killed.

On the other hand though, that many enemies must have given you a crap-tonne of resources.

I solo every day. Only at times do I go Online. Also, your issue is a bad case of not knowing how to take your time. Speedrunning is what you want to do. I solo for 10~15m every time because the only way I get to the 15m mark is due to waiting for Shockwave MOA spawns to actually come dry, which everyone knows it takes bloody long when they have a spawn cap of 1 and a spawn total of 20.

Originally I played pretty much in a snipey fashion. I've sped up my solo play since - in part because I've become more adept at sniping on the move, but also because of also using shotguns now - but I've never had to kill THAT many enemies. I think the highest ever was  around 250. Usually it's 80-150.

Some of the enemy blobs are a bit oversized though. No one in sight, you run into a ventilation tube thingie, and suddenly there's 10+ enemies ahead of you and more coming from behind. Nice!

Still, that's not the biggest problem in soloing. Since they've apparently upped the module drop rate for solo players in a hotfix - I've gone from about 0-3 mods per mission to 3-10 despite not having seen anything about it in any patch notes - the problem now is weapon leveling. In a group you get not only your own but also everyone else's weapon XP, so obviously leveling weapons is soooo much faster in a group.

corpus mid-level (19-25)

I was using the latron I had jus gotten to level 4 for armor piercing level 0 so it took me 2-4 shots to kill the corpus but 425 enemies and 25000 exp and 13 mods and cores later I finally finished the level.

If the level said 19-25... bring a gun that's rank 19-25 and you probably have the difficulty that is intended...

It seems your example is just an issue where it wasn't the right equipment for the job :P

I play solo nearly all the time.  My key point is that I have at least one max (or near-max) rank weapon equipped at all times - and at least one of the remaining two is leveled to the point where I can put a mod or two in it, and call it functional.

Especially when you're leveling a new frame, you do not want unranked equipment.  It provides too much of a handicap, leaving you in situations similar to the one you describe, where a new crowd of enemies come barreling in before you've finished off the first one.

Soon, my melee weapon, for instance, will hit max level while I'm leveling my new Loki past level 10.  With a brand new unranked melee weapon, I'll be using a rank 28 Grakata, and a rank 22 Viper - both modded according to the enemies I expect to face, to exterminate them as efficiently as possible.

And as an aside, after playing several offense-based frames, playing the Loki is both a huge change, and tremendous fun.

Edited by rhoenix

Honestly, I just want to see cleared rooms cleared. If I murder everyone behind me, I should n't have to deal with foes from behind, or Lotus should say something along the lines of "Grineer soldiers/Corpus troops/Infecteds are coming from behind. Get ready!" And then have thirty or so seconds to prepare.

Honestly, I just want to see cleared rooms cleared. If I murder everyone behind me, I should n't have to deal with foes from behind, or Lotus should say something along the lines of "Grineer soldiers/Corpus troops/Infecteds are coming from behind. Get ready!" And then have thirty or so seconds to prepare.

To be fair to the enemy factions here, you are darkening their doorstep - you have to expect a little crankiness about the unwanted houseguest.

More seriously, my solution to that problem is usually to draw enemies into a bottleneck (though while still moving toward the objective) where I can waste them more efficiently.  Alternatively, you can simply leap into a larger group, do a melee AoE strike (assuming your melee weapon supports it), and then cleave and shoot until nothing's moving but you.  This strategy can even work with with a Loki, assuming you have a Decoy up, and enough Invisibility for Energy right then.  In fact, it's funnier.

One more thing, but you're probably already doing so - learn the enemies' weak points, and try to only hit them there.  Solo play is great for polishing your skills, and being able to train yourself to snap shot someone to the face (or an Ancient's right boot) is a good skill to have.

Edited by rhoenix

This only happens on a handful of tiles-on many they're fine. I think they need to make spawns better proportioned to the room. Anyone ever left one of the vents on the mines to have 20-30 Grineer shooting straight at you? Bonus points for rollers spawning behind you in the vent. In a lot of the wide open tilesets, 20-30 is perfectly manageable. Then you have that Corpus corridor a lot of people get lost in at first (where you have a little cave) where you can have 10-20 clogging the gap.