Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Friendly Reminder About Kappa And Other Mobile Defense Nodes...

Cidolfus

If I find someone hallway-heroing, I just:

a) leave the objective to be destroyed, then type in chat "gg";

b) run to the heroes and steal all their kills before they can do anything; or

c) disconnect everyone and finish the mission myself.

Also, Mesa is my go-to Defense frame. Just hop onto something that gives plenty LoS and spam max-efficiency Peacemaker, usually everything dies faster than they can put a bullet on me, and I can't recall last time I got downed with her.

Keep in mind my Mesa isn't maxed yet. Her Peacemaker is rank 1 and her mods loadout currently is somewhat weak. Even with the syndicate health restores I was getting nearly killed every time I popped my head up to Peacemaker. Not to mention since it was a full group, there were more enemies spawning and all rushing me and the defense target. Maybe if I was maxed I would've been fine, but if I was maxed I wouldn't be doing Kappa anyway. But yeah, I do agree with your post either way.

could always place invisible barrier to confine players to the room when activation the objective, the could still spam AOE but atleast they stuck there with you.

would requier all 4 players in the room, or maybe redesgin the astroid and other places to be like the jackal boss fight room, enemies have thier own special spawn points only they can use, room unlocked upon completion of the objective.

Yeah I wouldn't mind this at all. I can see some people being angry about the "lack of freedom" but that'd just out them as the main people that forced DE to use such a design.

Kappa is the worst offender in my opinion because it is early in the star map so each time I join there is about 95% fail rate due to low level new players don't quit understand how the mission work. Even though you tell them or waypoint the pod they are all over the place. Kappa is a good rep and leveling place but I have given up on that node all together.

Strangely enough when the Malicious raptor stance was released and a lot of people farmed Kappa for it, there was no such problems. Mostly because those who joined knew what their objective was.

Yeah only reason why I went to Kappa was because I wasn't really confident my low level Mesa can survive anywhere else while farming.

@OP Your as they say preaching to the choir, been here more than a year and in all that time never once failed a MD on Kappa, but when it comes to defending the pod, completely agree I usually tell them if you die out there you die alone I won't come and revive you. Especially now with the nullifiers in corpus defense it's a bit more dangerous. I have often suggested to DE to extend the XP range.

True. Again this more started out as a rant than anything else. Sometimes you just gotta rage at a forum or two when crap like this happens.

That simply encourages the bad behavior of leaving the objective or spreading out too much.  You need to come at this from the other direction of using incentives for staying together.  Something like an amount of bonus XP for each other squad member that shared from a kill.

That's a great idea.

Edited by Cidolfus

Yeah, that's true. After about 3 experiences like that, I started to implement my own radius-revive rule where anyone who dies more than 50m away from the objective will not be revived - even when there are no mobs around. Harsh, but it works. LOL

I type something like, "sorry, can't revive, I'm defending the objective and you're to far away. I f I go to you, we all lose."

Keep in mind my Mesa isn't maxed yet. Her Peacemaker is rank 1 and her mods loadout currently is somewhat weak. Even with the syndicate health restores I was getting nearly killed every time I popped my head up to Peacemaker. Not to mention since it was a full group, there were more enemies spawning and all rushing me and the defense target. Maybe if I was maxed I would've been fine, but if I was maxed I wouldn't be doing Kappa anyway. But yeah, I do agree with your post either way.

Apologies if I made it sound like I'm bashing you or something, just meant to say Mesa is a great Defense 'frame when you use her right and know her limitations (which are a lot, no idea why people call her OP) ;)

i bought my nova to kiste this morning to farm some omega beacons. I Joined public squad with Rhino Prime, Mesa and Volt. They all left me there alone at the system and started to talk in another language. A minute after they told me to stop using MP because they need to gain xp from killing more enemies and I should have put overextended instead.

And yes, I lost my 2 revive for nothing. :/

I usually put waypoints on the console and ask politely for people to fight near the console.  If they don't comply, I spend the rest of the round trying to switch-teleport seekers and ballistas next to the console.

If I'm not going to get any XP, I'm at least going to have fun trolling your &#!.