Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For A New Prime Weapon And Void Mission Mode!

ZephyrFlash

So, I got this idea:

“What if there is a prime version of the nikana?”

The first thoughts are that people will say that the dragon nikana is powerful enough and that it’s just a waste to try to make a prime version of the weapon. Moreover, people will wonder what sets this weapon apart from the rest, besides its power and speed and such.

Well I hope to answer that question in a few parts…

(Bear with me, this will be long and through…)

The first part is the requirements to make the weapon:

There would be a blueprint, a handle part, a blade part, and a scabbard part.

The blueprint would require nine orokin cells and the three parts in order to make the weapon.

The cost of the build would range from 15,000 to 30,000 credits in order to build the weapon in 12 to 24 hours or to rush build for 45 platinum.

The requirements in terms for ranking will be up to DE but I would think that rank 9 or 10 would be needed to build and use the weapon.

Now let’s move on to the stats for the weapon:

The base physical damage will be either 90 to 100 damage with most of the damage coming from slash damage and smaller amounts coming from impact and puncture damage.

The critical chance will be set to either 15% to 20% chance with the multiplier being set to either 2.0x, or even 2.5x the normal damage.

The attack rate for the weapon will be slightly faster with the base rate being set in the range of 1.1 to 1.3.

The status chance will be set with either a 15%, 20% or even 25% chance of inflicting a status effect on an enemy.

The stamina consumption will also be low like the previous versions.

The jump, slide, and wall attacks will be set within the damage range of 190.0 to 200.0 with the slam damage being set slightly lower like 185.0 to 195.0.

The weapon will also be able to cause stagger chance against enemies.

In terms of polarities, it would contain two Madurai (V) polarities and either a Vazarin (D) or a Naramon (Dash/Bar) polarity, with the stance polarity being a Madurai (V) polarity.

Speaking of stances, it might be good to make a drop of a new stance.

The stance would have a Madurai (V) polarity to match the weapon stance polarity.

But here is the twist:

The stance will look similar to the Tranquil Cleave stance but you will use both the nikana and scabbard for your attacks, allowing more hits and hitting multiple targets, with the addition of a little more impact damage in the combos.

It would go along well with the release of the new prime nikana…

Which brings me to my next part…

“How do you obtain the parts? Where will you be able to find the parts?”’

The answer: A new Void mission mode, Void Assassination.

Like all of the Void mission modes, there will be Tower I, II, II, and IV Assassination missions.

But that is where the similarities will start to diverge…

Like other Void missions, you can obtain the missions with key drops; unlike other Void missions, you can also make the key to the Void Assassination mission by merging either 2, 3, or 4 Void keys.

How the merging of the keys will work will be up to DE to decide…

Now how will the mission look when you go in?

Well it will like any other Void mission…

Except there will be a stage area for the boss.

And depending on the gear you pack with your loadout, the boss fight will either run like a solo boss mode or something like a raid boss. (Again, that will be up to DE to decide)

Anyways, the boss will be different from all of the corrupted personnel in the Void…

And by different, I mean that it’s an Orokin Interface that you are fighting against.

It would be one of the many Orokin AI Systems that would take control of various Grineer, Corpus, and Infested.

Why would this be a good boss?

Well for one, it would answer the question of why the Void is capturing these fighters from various factions. It can develop some more story on the Void itself and quite possibly show how capable the Orokin predecessors were back then.

Second, this would answer who is behind the corrupted personnel. It would answer all of this built up tension and show a boss that would be worth fighting.

Third, after beating the boss, you will be able to reset the AI and complete the mission, with the Lotus mentioning that we are one step closer to regaining our former glory or such.

Speaking of beating the boss, what will you expect to obtain after beating the boss and completing the mission?

Well unlike the random prime drops that is usually done in other missions, I feel like the drops should be more set with dropping only the prime nikana parts and blueprints, the new nikana stance, and any other rare mods, and an orokin cell or two.

And also unlike the random drops, the prime nikana drops will depend on what Tower you are doing.

If you’re doing Tower I, it will drop the blueprint; Tower II, the handle; Tower III, the blade; Tower IV, the scabbard.

Speaking of which, the Tower difficulties will also be a little different than other Void Missions in terms of levels.

Tower I: Level 15-20

Tower II: Level 20- 25

Tower III: Level 25- 30

Tower IV: Level 30-40

The level of difficulty may be bound to change, since it will have to reflect how powerful the Orokin Nikana will be once you obtain it.

Anyways, after all of these ordeals, all of that work will be worth it once you finally obtain that Orokin Nikana for yourself, ready to cleave any enemy that comes your way.

I hope you like this idea, and if you want, leave a comment on what you think about it.

P.S. Designs for the Orokin Nikana and the Void Assassin Boss will come in the future as I am currently designing the concepts right now.