Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Common Skill Mods Wrecked The Drop Chance Of Useful Mods

Aerensiniac

When you craft a warframe, you are getting one copy of its skills. That being said, i havent got the slightest clue why there are common skill drops or for the same matter: why skills drop at all.

Skills have 3 levels, which means you can max out a mod with a mere 7 copies (level 2 with 3 fo them). As a conclusion its very hard to justify that 70% of all drops are skills. I have had almost 3 pages of well of life.

On defense missions 7 of my drops out of 10 are common skills.

Either move skill mods back to the rare category or (which i would prefer over any other rate adjustment) remove them completely since there is ABSOLUTELY no need for them and they are taking away the drop rates of other mods.

Those 7 completely and utterly useless common skill i have gotten with each 10 drops, could have been cores or weapon mods.

Edited by Aerensiniac

I agree...sorta

Post U7 when the drop rates of abilities changed, I've just used fusion cores for most of my frame skills anyway.

HOWEVER.

When they get around to adding new skills to the frames, they will surely be obtained through drops, so saying abilities shouldn't be in the drop tables is a no-deal.

90% of the mods I've gotten for the past few days are Ember's Fireball and Rhino Charge, it's getting a little frustrating.

The problem here is not about abilities mods in themselves, it's about low maximum level mods.

The abilities mods are the lowest in maximum level (from 0 to 3) so it shows with them, but seriously it would happen with any other mod.

It shows even more with them because they can be used by only 1 frame, though.

it's like every other game I have ever played that has drops. I can kill the big blue ringed orc 300 times and 250 times he drops an orc tooth. 35 times he drops an orc snout, 10 times he drops a rusty orc sword , 4 times he drops a magical orc nutsack, and 1 time he drops an orc voodoo doll of pwonage.

I agree...sorta

Post U7 when the drop rates of abilities changed, I've just used fusion cores for most of my frame skills anyway.

HOWEVER.

When they get around to adding new skills to the frames, they will surely be obtained through drops, so saying abilities shouldn't be in the drop tables is a no-deal.

That is completely and utterly fine.

Add new and rare skills to random drops. I agree fully.

But why am i getting 70% drop chance on something i receive the moment i craft a frame?

RNG is RNG. Just fuse or sell off the mods you don't want. I got no Vitality mods for 3 weeks, then got a dozen in one day.

I would sell them off IF they would be actually worth something.

Im not going to spend 5 minutes after each mission to search and sell off something one by one that is worth 200/item.

10% of the time i spend online would be spent on fiddling with mods, trying to sell/sort. No thanks.

Also: This is not RNG. If it would be RNG then each mod would have the same chance of dropping.

Since this is obviously not the case, this is also not an RNG issue. 70% of all mod drops are skills. Its unnatural.

It would be a different story had skill have 5 or 10 levels.

That way we could use the spares till we level them up (they would be useless after that even so, but there would be at least some delay).

Yet skill mods have 3 levels, sell for nothing, cannot be sold in masses but one by one and have a ridiculously high drop chance.

RNG is RNG. Just fuse or sell off the mods you don't want. I got no Vitality mods for 3 weeks, then got a dozen in one day.

There are 12 frames. Every frame has 4 abilities. That's 48 mods. I have no idea how many mods there are in total, but I'm going to guess around 100-150. That means around 50-60% of mods have very little reason to exist. Random number generators pick randomly, but that does not mean that every item/category has an equal chance of being picked. This isn't being unlucky. Statistically, a large portion of your mod drops will be useless.

Statistically, a large portion of your mod drops will be useless.

And it is overall bad design while there is no system for mod exchange between players.

OP idea:

Now frames are cut in half, the suit and the helmet, both with 8 slots.

The suit can receive shield/health/stamina/move mods, it retains the actual polarity slots of the frames.

The helmet has 8 slots too, 4 for powers with special polarity symbols unique to powers, and 4 others for powers' altering mods only.

Any frame can equip any combination of powers as long as it has the polarity/energy requirement in its helmet.

Told you it was OP.

Make them unsellable and don't allow them to be fused into something else.

What would we do with all the current duplicate skill mods? Turn them into fusion cores? Having roughly 15 pages of duplicate skills being both unsellable and un-fusable would just be annoying.

Im not going to spend 5 minutes after each mission to search and sell off something one by one that is worth 200/item.

10% of the time i spend online would be spent on fiddling with mods, trying to sell/sort. No thanks.

Also: This is not RNG. If it would be RNG then each mod would have the same chance of dropping.

Since this is obviously not the case, this is also not an RNG issue. 70% of all mod drops are skills. Its unnatural.

That way we could use the spares till we level them up (they would be useless after that even so, but there would be at least some delay).

Yet skill mods have 3 levels, sell for nothing, cannot be sold in masses but one by one and have a ridiculously high drop chance.

There's a 1-minute countdown between missions where people vote on the next mission.  I manage all the drops from the previous mission in that window of time.  It is not nearly as onerous as you make it out to be, you're just being lazy.

Also, I found 8 Fusion Cores yesterday.  It's absolutely RNG that you get a bunch of skill mods, but honestly I don't really care since skill mods seem to have a fairly high fusion value when you fuse them with your own skills.

You can use shift to sell multiple mods at once.  

At the end of your play session, just sort your mods by 'recent' (which is the default behavior)  and use to shift to go thru all the mods you collected.  Really doesn't take much time.

You can use shift to sell multiple mods at once.  

At the end of your play session, just sort your mods by 'recent' (which is the default behavior)  and use to shift to go thru all the mods you collected.  Really doesn't take much time.

Thank you for the information on shift. Its something new and i did assume that its only possible to select one mod at any given time.

That being said, i still believe that skill drops have literally zero use other than being used as an artificial, second layer of messing with the drop rates of frame/weapon mods.

Upon crafting you already get all 4 skills and as i have stated, skill mods have the lowest level cap, which hardly justifies the fact that they have the highest drop rates.

Every each common skill drop i receive could be a weapon mod i could actually use cause all of them range from 5-10.

This naturally means that even in best case scenario, i will need 32 mods to make 1 level 5. Not to mention the fun with a level 10 one.

As a conclusion: no.

These drop-rates are unjustified one one side, and completely/utterly useless on the other.

It would be a different story would skill mods have 5 or 10 levels, or you wouldn't get them right away after crafting a frame.

But the facts are that all skills are lvl 3 and you instantly get all 4 of them the moment you make a frame.

It just stands to screw up the drop rates of other mods.

Edited by Aerensiniac