Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Proposed Tweak For Smite (Oberon's First Abilty)

StevenQuiddy

I love support characters in games. Buffs, healing, and so forth are essentially what I do when gaming with friends. That's why Oberon began to ability to me. He seemed like a decent support Warframe. (Also, I don't like Trinity due to a combination of her appearance and her abilities that don't appeal to me.) Renewal often saves my friends from dying, and the constant Confusion procs quickly made Oberon one of my favorite Warframes.

This made me eager to try his augment "Smite Infusion." I bought it from someone that was trading it for a reasonable price, and tried it out. Suffice it to say, it was an underwhelming experience. I had to place my crosshair directly onto my friends in order to buff them, and I could only buff them one cast at a time. That unto itself was often difficult as enemies ran into the crossfire, and on top of that, the only way I could cast the augment on my friends was to ask them to hold still for a moment. (It was far too difficult to hit a coptering Loki.) In a higher level mission (We tested this on Terminus.) this would have no real application. Standing still for too long would simply kill the squishier Warframes, making it better to simply not buff at all. However, I had an idea that may fix this problem.

If Smite were to be an area of effect ability similar to Ember's Fireball, casting the buff on a friend would be far easier. They would simply need to be within the ability's radius. To further compliment this augment, the energy projectiles that are emitted that home in on enemies could also do so to your friends, buffing them from even further away with a homing sphere of radiationy goodness.

So that's my idea. I don't expect this to actually be implemented, or for anyone to actually read this and seriously consider it. It would be nice, however...