Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

15.7 (Prime Access Update) And Fps

ClockworkSpectre

I have been noticing some drastic drops in FPS after todays update.  I have been playing just nova and have been playing on several Tilesets.  Everything was running just fine as of yesterday.  It is also not consistant, when it happens that is.  Some times it happens while just running other times when firing or using abilities.  Even on Tileset like corpus ships where my FPS doesn't usually drop below 60, I am occasionally getting drops bellow 30. 

I got similar problems too, usually running with constant 60 FPS, a few updates and hotfixes ago (sadly I can't remember the exact one) I suddenly got FPS drops that reduced my framerate to 30 FPS and never less then 30 (what's really odd), these 'lags' lasted for about less then 10 seconds. So that's what fixed it for me:

1) Close Warframe and all other Applications

2) Grab and Install CCleaner (or similiar Software, however CCleaner did the job for me and is probably the best choice)

3) Let CCleaner clean up all your temporary files and cache and stuff (don't let it mess around in the registry though :P)

4) Start the Warframe Launcher and open the options menu (via the little gear button in the top right)

5) Uncheck "DirectX 10" on the left side

6) Verfiy the download chache

7) Optimize the download cache (maybe it's recommended to do it in this order)

8) Start Warframe and may enjoy the possible success!  :D

I hope I could help

Edited by desolatorxxl

I'm also running into fps issues since the past few updates.  I had run at a comfortable 60 fps since I started playing but for some reason, my fps has shot down to barely 20 now.  I tried fiddling with the settings(anti-aliasing off, settings to low) and it did nothing.  Tried going to directX 10 only and didn't work.  Went back to my old settings, it's getting a solid 50-60 fps now.  I log back in today, with nothing changed, and now I've got 20 fps again.

I got the same issue, really pissing me off that the more updates we get to warframe, the more broken the game becomes. first i can't run the game in directx 10 or 11 because of update 15 and then i'm having this fps issue due to the latest mini update.

Having the same issue, which really has only been noticeable since the Nova Prime update.  My typical FPS of 40 has dropped to 4-5 (if that) any time there's more than a few objects on the screen.  Even cranking things down, there's still noticeable lag inside the Liset, and in missions, the game is nigh-unplayable.  Unfortunately, since it never technically crashes, there's no error codes.

System info:
CPU: Intel i7-2760QM @ 2.40 GHz/core

8.00 GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

-GeForce drivers 344.75, release date 11/18/2014

In-game graphics settings:

Video Resolution: 1600 x 900

Aspect Ratio: Auto

Vertical Sync: Auto

Physx effects: Off

Runtime Tesselations: Off

Local Reflections: Off

High Dynamic Range: Off

Geometry detail: Medium

Particle Quality, Shadow Quality: Low

Texture Memory: Medium

Anisotropic filtering: Off

Anti-Aliasing: Low(FXAA)

Depth of Field, Motion Blur, bloom, Color Correction, Dynamic Lighting, Character Shadows: Off

Constant Weapon Trails: Off

Launcher Settings:

DirectX 10, DirectX 11, 64-Bit Mode, Bulk Download, Aggressive Download, Multi-Threaded Rendering, Launcher GPU Acceleration: checked.

I've optimized the cache and unparked cores as noted elsewhere.

weapon elemental FX: on

1) Close Warframe and all other Applications

2) Grab and Install CCleaner (or similiar Software, however CCleaner did the job for me and is probably the best choice)

3) Let CCleaner clean up all your temporary files and cache and stuff (don't let it mess around in the registry though :P)

4) Start the Warframe Launcher and open the options menu (via the little gear button in the top right)

5) Uncheck "DirectX 10" on the left side

6) Verfiy the download chache

7) Optimize the download cache (maybe it's recommended to do it in this order)

8) Start Warframe and may enjoy the possible success!  :D

I hope I could help

So that's what fixed it for me:

I'm already in the habit of using CCleaner.  A CCleaner sweep and forcing it to DX11 makes a marginal improvement.  Still not really playable. :(