The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ankyros - Wasted Time

DreadScourge

What? A bladed melee beat-em-up?

Sign me up! Take my monies! I can't wait to knock bastards down and punch out their organs! But wait-

-No polarity slots. (Just, why? I thought the Tenno were smarter than that.)

-No knockdown on air smash, just a short stagger. (Weird, because the special attack on downed enemies is devastating.)

-No stagger on hit. Not even on power attack most of the time. (Even with armor pen, Grineer laugh at the low damage and constantly beat you off of them.)

-High attack speed, but non-repeatable ground finish. (After knocking someone down with a ninja kick and using the ground attack, you now awkwardly swing at the air, waiting for him to get up.)

-No vs-faction advantages. At all.

I think this weapon is in severe need of a tune up. I really like the play-style of fist weapons, but this weapon has honestly missed on every category except having a high crit chance and fast speed.

I'm calling for a buff for these Ankyros.

Thank you for reading.

ankyrosnerfedlol.jpg

Edited by DreadScourge

I agree, I took my ankyros to level 7 andf was still getting the crapola kicked out fo me when using them.  By the time one single enemy was down my shields were gone every time.

I agree, and if they got buffed I might even craft them again, they do look so incredibly cool

Have you tried the slide attack? its pretty sweet

fire rate, damage, crit rate, crit damage, and armor piercing mods should make it turn out pretty okay

but that's just it, it's not very good at anything aside from it's slide attack and downed attack

If the attack speed was increased a bit more then i guess it would be better, but right now it's not very strong

I dunno, maybe I'm using them wrong

Edited by Guest

Have you tried the slide attack? its pretty sweet

fire rate, damage, crit rate, crit damage, and armor piercing mods should make it turn out pretty okay

but that's just it, it's not very good at anything aside from it's slide attack and downed attack

If the attack speed was increased a bit more then i guess it would be better, but right now it's not very strong

I dunno, maybe I'm using them wrong

Admittedly, the slide attack is hilariously fun, and YES these are fun weapons! They just need more kick to make them viable!

I'm not going ot go about saying "This is a uber epic weapon!" because its not.

But I do love my Ankyros. something bout smacking people with horseshoe shaped fists makes my day. and will always have a place in my heart.

But if we're strictly speaking stats wise and if its a good weapon on paper, it is not. Sorry to those who may/may not be disappointed.

But I do love my Ankyros. something bout smacking people with horseshoe shaped fists makes my day. and will always have a place in my heart.

But if we're strictly speaking stats wise and if its a good weapon on paper, it is not. Sorry to those who may/may not be disappointed.

I appreciate your honesty and feel the same way. I love the style of these weapons, and they feel great. I can slide around and uppercut everyone with ease. However, as you said, stat-wise, it's very lackluster.

I hate to play this card, but as a Grandmaster, couldn't you recommend a revision on the base stats/advantages of Ankyros?

I was just about to skip getting Gram or Dual Ethers to get this weapon. Maaaybe I'll hold out a little longer. ._.

But yeah, they look totally sweet.

They're fun, but after a while, they deal less and less, even as you pile on mods (even a catalyst).

Yeah, it would be best to hold off on crafting them/spending platinum until something (hopefully) changes.

I'd have to say I agree.  I leveled mine up to 9 and it's just sitting there ignored while I level my ether daggers instead.  At least those grew quickly, but the same mod set on the ankyros just doesn't have any kick at all.

I appreciate your honesty and feel the same way. I love the style of these weapons, and they feel great. I can slide around and uppercut everyone with ease. However, as you said, stat-wise, it's very lackluster.

I hate to play this card, but as a Grandmaster, couldn't you recommend a revision on the base stats/advantages of Ankyros?

You'd be surprised how little influence Grandmasters/Masters have. We basically vote for changes or see stuff early. There is not really any gained influence in suggestions.

You'd be surprised how little influence Grandmasters/Masters have. We basically vote for changes or see stuff early. There is not really any gained influence in suggestions.

DE seems to be playing quite a strange game, considering they can't have someone reply on the forums and make it look like they actually read through them on a regular basis. Yes, I know Rebecca is here and staff replies some times, but for most part it just looks like half the forums are here just as a dump for opinions.

Edited by GTG3000

I suspect replying even 10% of the posts here would be quite time consuming. It's a vast, vast forum, and I think they're still busy working. Since DERebecca is the HR manager of sorts, I'd wager she'd be the person we see most often. Maybe they'll pop up here and there with technical issues, cause I've noticed they do it some times. I'm sure they listen, though. At least, as much as they can. The forum is insane!!

DE seems to be playing quite a strange game, considering they can't have someone reply on the forums and make it look like they actually read through them on a regular basis. Yes, I know Rebecca is here and staff replies some times, but for most part it just looks like half the forums are here just as a dump for opinions.

Yup, very few suggestions seem to get a look in, but that is probably because of the amount of rubbish that actually gets posted. It's a shame that some suggestions, nerfs (Hek/Gorgon), get more attention than others, buffs (Ember) or fixes (Nyx).

I have noticed a the majority of staff posts appear in the Fan Zone, yet the liklihood is most stuff in the Fan Zone will never see the light of day.

They did mention, previously in a Livestream, that they did notice the Void warframe fanart. Perhaps they also noticed other suggestions in earnest. Perhaps it's also based on reception amongst peers (peers being us). There's just so many suggestions being posted, and I see tonnes. I really do wonder where they're heading next, though, but so far, it seems they address a lot of pressing issues rather quickly.

Yup, very few suggestions seem to get a look in, but that is probably because of the amount of rubbish that actually gets posted. It's a shame that some suggestions, nerfs (Hek/Gorgon), get more attention than others, buffs (Ember) or fixes (Nyx).

I have noticed a the majority of staff posts appear in the Fan Zone, yet the liklihood is most stuff in the Fan Zone will never see the light of day.

Personally I would suggest getting mods from the forum iself if Rebecca has too much on her plate. It's called 'delegation', I think. There's a million tenno now, so I don't see anything bad in making someone to look through one forum and report anything worth looking at to Rebs... I know I'd volunteer.

Also, fun fact - DESteve only reads the reddit. (and I don't because it has tiny comment font that hurts my eyes).

I suspect replying even 10% of the posts here would be quite time consuming. It's a vast, vast forum, and I think they're still busy working. Since DERebecca is the HR manager of sorts, I'd wager she'd be the person we see most often. Maybe they'll pop up here and there with technical issues, cause I've noticed they do it some times. I'm sure they listen, though. At least, as much as they can. The forum is insane!!

Well, it would be a lot less insane if DE had someone to look through it and reply to people from their name. Say, that Hek thread wouldn't reach 14 pages.

[edit]

Also, all the attempts to make a comprehensible list of suggestions were downvoted into the oblivion.

Edited by GTG3000