Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Concept - Last Man Standing (Or 1 V 1000 )

GunDownGrace

i was having immense fun cat fooding (means to chop your enemys,and/or crush/pulverize them so much they turn into the consistency of cat food) enemys in an infested defense...

the mission format is great,enemys come to you,getting stronger every 5 waves or so

except for that annoying cryopod,now dont get me wrong,that has its merits

but i beleive a core tennet of mmo life is the good ol' fashioned zombie slaughter

so i had an idea to enact that,last man standing

team goes in,with the premise of keeping enemy troops busy while people are evacuated from some kind of important area

the enemys increase in dmg,other stats,and lvl every 1.5 minutes,with extraction availible every 5 minutes (might need to be tinkered with abit,suggestions welcome)

now,for every player in the squad that runs out of revives,and dies,the enemy are increased in strength,but at the same time the remaining players received overall stat buffs,until inevitably of course we wind up with last man standing,where the power of the enemys jumps up a considerable amount,and the remaining player receives a further buff as well

i think with of course some minor tweaking (id appreciate suggestions,as i have an officially registered i.q. of 82 XD,so please point out those plotholes and help me fix) this would go great and improve the health of the game

i cant resit this game mode, but one problem you know someone find a way to exploit this. 1 TRIN max dmg and range surrounded by 1 frost max armor and power duration. AND THEN 2 EXCALS SPAMMING FOR DAYS. IMAGINE THE REP

best part stand in one spot the entire time

Edited by rechot

as for the trin and frost problem...

i calculate with a fair chance that such a scheme wouldnt be attempted until the higher waves...but i think we could use alreadye xisting game units to help fix this

like for example,the snowglobe problem,make it so that inthe higher waves there is a higher than normal chance of arctic eximus units spawning(if they dont already have cold based slowdown resistence,give it to them)

and as for the trin problem,i propose a new eximus for the higher waves

fortitude eximus "has higher than normal armor,and an immunity to staggers,knockdowns,general incapacitation that happens due to warframe powers,and its aura confers these effects to surrounding units save for the higher armor effect which is not in the aura"

and as for general power spam ad nauseam,the 1.5 minute enemy power increase is intended to help combat this,so it wont get too easy

(disclaimer,i dont own this vid at all,nor have any rights to it,im using it for informational purposes only)

this video is how i imagine the last man standing concept going

puire,simple,good,we need this

Make it a "Training mission' where you can select a single enemy from your codex (something you have 100% scanned) and have them give no EXP, just for fun. That way no one can abuse it.

If this were a training mission, I COMPLETELY support it. Because, face it, WE NEED TO KILL MORE STUFF!!!

i cant resit this game mode, but one problem you know someone find a way to exploit this. 1 TRIN max dmg and range surrounded by 1 frost max armor and power duration. AND THEN 2 EXCALS SPAMMING FOR DAYS. IMAGINE THE REP

best part stand in one spot the entire time

Sorry I dont agree with that cause if it was that easy why couldnt people do that in Defense then. You stay in one spot. Its cause they continue to get stronger and stronger and stronger.

Now to comment on main Idea I like it although they should have the area thats being evacuated be moved so players dont just stay in one spot like Defense missions.

Sorry I dont agree with that cause if it was that easy why couldnt people do that in Defense then. You stay in one spot. Its cause they continue to get stronger and stronger and stronger.

Now to comment on main Idea I like it although they should have the area thats being evacuated be moved so players dont just stay in one spot like Defense missions.

yeah i had a thought roughly along those lines...the moving defense area idea would be awesome,but for the life of me i couldnt figure out how to work that into current game mechanics

i had thought of having a sort of rectangular area that you have to keep enemys from getting past,but decided not to include it for two reasons

1.too similar to the current defense missions

2.ive had lousy experiences with that sort of mechanic in other games,as usually its keep enemys from passing a point or else mission failure

now the moving defense area idea is good i think...i suppose there could be a thematic element,like you first stand in one area fighting enemys surging forth towards a launchpad thats sending off escape vessels (though for gameplay purposes the enemys would come after you and the team only) and every 5 minutes when you choose to battle on this could move to another launch pad and so on

yeah i had a thought roughly along those lines...the moving defense area idea would be awesome,but for the life of me i couldnt figure out how to work that into current game mechanics

i had thought of having a sort of rectangular area that you have to keep enemys from getting past,but decided not to include it for two reasons

1.too similar to the current defense missions

2.ive had lousy experiences with that sort of mechanic in other games,as usually its keep enemys from passing a point or else mission failure

now the moving defense area idea is good i think...i suppose there could be a thematic element,like you first stand in one area fighting enemys surging forth towards a launchpad thats sending off escape vessels (though for gameplay purposes the enemys would come after you and the team only) and every 5 minutes when you choose to battle on this could move to another launch pad and so on

Yup that be easiest setting the way point and moving path to a different location after certain amount of time although that links to mobile Defense. I dont think fact that you want a new but new concept of it. Instead of hacking consoles protecting people or such. So I would suggest re thinking Idea a bit or rewording it. Though thumbs up man