The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Feedback

MetalGerbil

cause why not.

the glaive's flight time is very punishing when you miss, even on a hit. combined that with the players complete lack of control over how many things are hit when you throw it and you have what is basically a dice roll on anything past the first hit. it is very unreliable in terms of how much damage you can get out of it or when it will even come back. this kinda relegates it to "a cool thing i can do" rather than a weapon i would main.

some suggestions--

charge attack:

make it charge and hold like the paris, with the option if hitting R to reset it. this would give players much more control over when it releases and to switch tactics when something goes behind cover, like deciding to make the shot with it bouncing off a wall instead of a direct hit.

flight time:

make it increase as it bounces. this can only apply to wall bounces if need be but it might help get it back to you faster without making your initial toss faster than it needs to be (i think the current speed is fine, encourages skill)

EDIT: correction

its not something you can really main and its not suppose to be either. as far as i can tell. and thats fine, one more interesting type of weapon to play with. i still think it could do its job better, currently its a one hit ranged hit where the only guarantee you have is that you will break reinforced glass....every.....single.....time.

Edited by MetalGerbil

I kinda said the same thing. I hadnt used Glaive enough to really master it. The Glaive has only been out for 2 days. Its actually a very well balanced weapon and imo it doesnt need changing. It needs the bugs fixing.

2 days using Glaive. The more you use it the more you wont want Glaive changed.

I kinda said the same thing. I hadnt used Glaive enough to really master it. The Glaive has only been out for 2 days. Its actually a very well balanced weapon and imo it doesnt need changing. It needs the bugs fixing.

Now try to use normal melee weapon and see how faster you can deal with infested. The only glaive is usefull for now is headshoting ancients  and other heavies.  Killing trash-mobs is pain in the &#!. Killing 1 trash-mob per charged attac is not good time investment.

We can't really be sure until the bugs are ironed out, eh...

which is why i havent gotten into the other things that bug me about this weapon. 

im willing to keep at it for a while longer and see if i get use to them but it should at least do its prime thing well (throwing). 

i dont really want another melee wep. saying that you can kill things faster with other melee is obvious just after using it for a while. but as a glaive, that thing it is trying to be, i shouldnt see things like return times that are either nearly instant to several seconds. 

im ok with the thing being random and shooting off into who knows where but if that remains the case then it means the only thing i can consider when using it is that first hit. meaning that on that basis alone can i really call it good or not. normal melee swings arent even worth mentioning.

its too chaotic right now and it needs better control. im all for skillful play but you have to base it on something reliable. i dont see how spending 3 more days playing is going to make me better at knowing how many things im going to hit on any one throw (past the first hit). i even like bouncing it off walls or the floor to hit enemies, that seems fairly straight forward. after hitting enemies tho......

unless there is some sort of glaive jujitsu i am currently unaware of that lets you do just that.

Edited by MetalGerbil

What.

The Glaive kills. It bounces like crazy. I did a mission and got 104 kills, 94 with the Glaive (melee), and 254% accuracy. All you need to do is hit the surfaces and enemies at angles that project the Glaive into other enemies. I did double and triple kills, hit the same guy twice or pulled of other shenanigans. The Glaive is insanely powerful - how many unranked (*!*) melee weapons can kill level 30 mooks with one hit?

What.

The Glaive kills. It bounces like crazy. I did a mission and got 104 kills, 94 with the Glaive (melee), and 254% accuracy. All you need to do is hit the surfaces and enemies at angles that project the Glaive into other enemies. I did double and triple kills, hit the same guy twice or pulled of other shenanigans. The Glaive is insanely powerful - how many unranked (*!*) melee weapons can kill level 30 mooks with one hit?

i never said it was a bad weapon, hell i just did a mission myself where i used it exclusively. that doesnt mean its perfect.

im not asking for more damage, better stats or more killing power in any respect. i just want more control. 

the fact that it returns whenever it feels like it is a problem. 

not to mention that the glaive is MOST effective when you throw it and hit nothing at all, then control it on its flight back. thats awkward as all hell.

on a direct hit it hurts, on a nice wall bounce you can get some real trick shots. very nice fun weapon.

but what happens after that? will it hit a wall and make for a nice return flight or bounce off and come back at an angle maing the return useless?will it return quickly or fly out a window and come back who knows when?

powerful? sure. random as hell? also true.