Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea For Focus

StormFirestar

Focus is something that has been talked about a lot over the past year and has had many versions started but none seemed to stick around long enough to make it into the game. 

Focus was meant to be an end game, system that focuses on the Tenno character not the Warframe.  So why not make a system that grants a generic 5th ability that every Warframe can use cause it wouldn't be part of the Warframe but your Tenno.  

As you play and earn affinity with max leveled weapons, warframe, companion, ect. you gain focus points after the mission these focus points can be used to unlock a 5th ability.  The 5th ability can be a passive or activated one.  

In the ability screen you can equip the 5th one of your choice.  

Activated 5th abilities will use the focus points you gain during gameplay with your max leveled loadouts, a focus bar would fill up with focus points, once full the 5th ability can be activated, but you loose the points that filled the focus bar. any focus left after the mission you can use to unlock more 5th abilities to pick and choose from.  

Passives are triggered by enemy actions ie. your shot by and enemy your passive 5th ability activates and slowly drains the focus bar (only the points that were in the focus bar when the passive is activated are drained any points added after are safe until the passive is reactivated).

That's my idea for Focus. Don't know if this has been thought of by DE devs yet or not so I'll just post this as a fan concept.

Steve mentioned something about Focus allowing to enter uber mode, however he also mentioned that it would be a one time per mission panic button. Your idea of 'Focus bar' sounds way more interesting - it would encourage players to use it and experiment with it rather then save it for "the right moment". Love the concept of filling it with excessive affinity points - gives players a choice to, either, take only mastered gear to maximize rate at which bar fills or sacrifice some of it for sake of levelling a piece of arsenal.

I would like to see a 'mastery tree' where player could be able to customize this Focus mode rather then generic abilities however at the end of the day effect would be similar if not same.
I also feel that points feeling Focus bar and points allowing to expand Focus system should be separate things - putting them in one pool would disencurage people from using Focus.

As a side note - I would love a passive effect that automatically resurrects player if killed with full Focus bar.

If anyone should have a 5th ability, it should be primes, and they would only have a "5th" and non of the other abilities, that would make them have a role and purpose, besides making the regular counterparts look like inferior trash.

But yah, I think that was the general kinda idea for focus, specializing the frames into something upgraded-like thingy.

And maybe if the 5th ability is just a utility or a passive ability it might not make these frames over the top OP.

But something tells me, they transferred that idea of specializing frames, into augment mods.