The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rifle Stances / Ammunition Modifiers

Hopakkiin

Long Story Short:
Imagine some Mods, that only work on Rifles of a certain caliber like the Braton and Braton Prime.

These mods are obtainable from Syndicates and cost 100k Standing to make them expensive.
Those mods should look like this:

Gold Rounds (Sniper Rifles):
Impact+

Slash-

Puncture-

AoE Status Procs

Nanothermite Bullets:

Heat+

Status Chance+ 

Bypass Armor by 50%

Reduce Clip Size

Uranium Rounds:
Radiation+

Impact-

Puncture+

Punchthrough+

Drill Bolts (Boltor and Stuff):
100% Status

-50% Projektile Speed

Punchthrough

Slugs (Shotguns):

Spread is reduced by 100%

Projectile Speed is increased

Pellets are compressed into 1 Slug which deals all the damage at once

Decreases Fire rate by 50%

Shrapnel (Shotguns):
Increases Spread

Increases Pellet Count

Decreases Speed ( if possible)

Decreases single pellet damage

Leech Arrow:
Life Steal

Less Crit Damage

Whatever you get the point.

Thank you and please leave some constructive feedback.

Long Story Short:

Imagine some Mods, that only work on Rifles of a certain caliber like the Braton and Braton Prime.

These mods are obtainable from Syndicates and cost 100k Standing to make them expensive.

Impact+

Slash-

Puncture-

AoE Status Procs

Don't know about the status procs, but having the ability to change the damage types of your weapon is interesting.

Nanothermite Bullets:

Heat+

Status Chance+ 

Bypass Armor by 50%

Reduce Clip Size

Sounds okay apart from the armor part. That may be too powerful.

Uranium Rounds:

Radiation+

Impact-

Puncture+

Punchthrough+

This depends largely on what the actual values are, but increasing three things for lowering one other seems a bit too much.

100% Status

-50% Projektile Speed

Punchthrough

Bolt guns barely need punch through at all. 100% status is also excessive on automatic guns. With corrosive applied, the enemies' armor will be removed before you can say "BOOOYAAAAH", making this far too powerful.

Slugs (Shotguns):

Most shotties don't have a projectile speed and otherwise this just turns them into somekind of sniper rifle. Not sure if I like it too much.

Shrapnel (Shotguns):

Increases Spread

Increases Pellet Count

Not sure what you actually mean by speed, but otherwise seems interesting.

Leech Arrow:

Life Steal

Less Crit Damage

May be helpful, but seems very situational to me.

Apart from the notes in the quote I wrote, I'm very interested in primaries/secondaries getting some sort of slot that is similar to the auras/stances. My personal opinion would be to reserve these for utility, though, not damage. Nobody really uses clip capacity or reload mods very much because they are usually too weak and not worth putting onto a weapon instead of a damage mod.

Apart from the notes in the quote I wrote, I'm very interested in primaries/secondaries getting some sort of slot that is similar to the auras/stances. My personal opinion would be to reserve these for utility, though, not damage. Nobody really uses clip capacity or reload mods very much because they are usually too weak and not worth putting onto a weapon instead of a damage mod.

It is partially utility when it changes the feeling you have playing a weapon.

It is partially utility when it changes the feeling you have playing a weapon.

I know that, yet I'm a bit split when it comes to changing certain things about weapons.

Making a weapon that primarily deals slash/impact damage into one that deals puncture damage (along the lines of the first example you give) makes it obsolete to have a different weapon of the same type that deals puncture damage by default. E.g. a Lex Prime would be even more obsolete if you could change a (Vaykor) Marelok into a puncture weapon. Same can be applied to about any pairing of similar weapons that are mostly different in their damage types. While I'm generally interested in it, I'm not quite sure I really want it.

I know that, yet I'm a bit split when it comes to changing certain things about weapons.

Making a weapon that primarily deals slash/impact damage into one that deals puncture damage (along the lines of the first example you give) makes it obsolete to have a different weapon of the same type that deals puncture damage by default. E.g. a Lex Prime would be even more obsolete if you could change a (Vaykor) Marelok into a puncture weapon. Same can be applied to about any pairing of similar weapons that are mostly different in their damage types. While I'm generally interested in it, I'm not quite sure I really want it.

I should have made it clearer. 

The Mods should change the Damage not by adding it, but by adding a multiplier for it.

For example: If the Braton Prime deals 12,3 Puncture and you add Uranium Rounds, then you will deal 0,65 Times your Impact Damage and 1,35 your Puncture damage.

Which means that you cannot add a damage type, you can amplify it.

For Example:

If you have "Gold Rounds" on the Lanka it won't do anything apart from the Procs, which is why I wrote "caliber".

An energy weapon can't use non energy weapon mods.

It always depends on what mission you are running and what weapons you like. 

Long Story Short:

Impact+

Slash-

Puncture-

AoE Status Procs

Nanothermite Bullets:

Heat+

Status Chance+ 

Bypass Armor by 50%

Reduce Clip Size

Uranium Rounds:

Radiation+

Impact-

Puncture+

Punchthrough+

100% Status

-50% Projektile Speed

Punchthrough

Slugs (Shotguns):

Shrapnel (Shotguns):

Increases Spread

Increases Pellet Count

Leech Arrow:

Life Steal

Less Crit Damage

Also please remember that these numbers are just an abstract concept for mods that augment Rifles/Pistols.

I have seen the concept from time to time, and the version i have worked up goes something as follow:

similer slot to Stance, with potential following effects.

Primary:

Armor Piercing: V (Madurai) Polarity that adds Punch Through

Elemental Affinity : V (Madurai) Polarity that increases elemental damage/status chance

Quick Magazine: D (Vazarin) Polarity that increases reload speed

Extended Magazine: D (Vazarin) Polarity that increases magazine Capacity

Supressor:Dash (Naramon) Polarity that silences the weapon

Ammo Pouch: Dash (Naramon) Polarity that increases maximum ammo capacity.

Phased Rounds: Scratch (Zenurik) Polarity that allows rounds to pass through Eximus and Nullifier Spheres

Reclimation: Scratch (Zenurik) Polarity that increases ammo find/ammo conversion

Secondary

Most of these would be the same as the primary mods i've listed but with a couple interesting additions/alternatives:

Fighting Chance: D (Vazarin) Polarity that grants bleedout time with kills while in a downed state. (potential 10 second max? 1 second a kill?)

Desperate Luck: Dash (Naramon) Polarity that grants extra chance to find non secondary ammo types when secondary is active weapon (drawn in your hands) / kills

I feel that some mods are really desired and just arnt used becouse of damage priortiy for mod slots, such as Hush and this could be a really nice answer. I wanted to make my own thread, but with respect to cluttering the forum i shall start it here.....i know its a concept that has been discussed by the comunity for a very long time. please let me know what you think of my ideas and feel free to add your own.

edit, changed to say similer slot to stance, felt more appropriate and less confusing (no effecting the entire team)

Edited by Bitle

• 1 month later...

I'd recommend that you change Gold Rounds to be Impact- and Puncture+ instead. The only sniper that is deeply focused into impact is the vulkar, which isn't the best sniper. Not only that but puncture scales off a lot better late game than impact. Snipetron Vandal is focused completely into puncture, and it would also improve the vectis by quite a bit.

If you think I understood the OP incorrectly, I'd love to understand it better.

I'd recommend that you change Gold Rounds to be Impact- and Puncture+ instead. The only sniper that is deeply focused into impact is the vulkar, which isn't the best sniper. Not only that but puncture scales off a lot better late game than impact. Snipetron Vandal is focused completely into puncture, and it would also improve the vectis by quite a bit.

If you think I understood the OP incorrectly, I'd love to understand it better.

Gold Rounds = Soft/Impact is alright. The AoE Status is the important point.

I think ammo mods maybe. Gun stances are kinda lame.

Perhaps weapon specific, for example

Bolter default ammo has 20 puncture and 2.5 others.

An alternate would have 20 impact 2.5 puncture and slash. Another 20 slash... Even a balanced 8.25 for each option.

More options to add procs (like current syndicate weapons have) and other effects like base fire rate and other base gun stats.

You have a specific set of ammo for each weapon.

I suggest ammo just shuffle weapon base stats so not to be redundant to mods.

Edited by Lightsmith