The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn Needs Love

(XBOX)GeediJunior

Question

This is something i find very weird saryn doenst get much love. She is overlooked i do not know why all of my friends dont like her. Its rare to see another saryn while playing with randoms. Also the only time i get less kills then my squad is when there is (good) Ash or Nova. Why isnt she getting much deserved love. The only flaw i see with her is when she runs out of energy and thats 1 in 20. Could someone explain why she isnt liked

Edited by (XB1)GeediJunior

I would REALLY appreciate an explanation as to how Miasma damage works with negative duration now. They changed it again in 15.6 and I have no idea how it works, seems to follow the same rules as before when forming integer duration but a massive 30-40% damage reduction with totally minimized duration forming partial ticks. The weird thing is the partial ticks are still there. Huh.

Contagion is really the only thing that needs to be looked at. A runspeed buff would be appreciated as well.

You people should realise that the main issue with saryn is:

She is a one skill pony!

The way you mod her is either toward miasma or toward the other skills which are lackluster.

Miasma should not be affected by negative duration!

Herr other skills should be changed/buffed in a reasonable manner and the frame should become more synergistic. ATM she is just plain boring.

Miasma should not be affected by negative duration!

In a way, I agree with you. The problem is is that a strong ult is the only thing she has going for her. If they allowed us to build with a longer duration without kicking Miasma damage to the curb it would certainly increase the usefulness of the other abilities - but she would still fall far behind other frames in terms of effectiveness and team utility.

I get the feeling that DE will just 'fix' miasma by removing the bonus tick and we'll end up with a frame even less popular than currently.

The problem is that there isn't much to her except damage. She's purely damage for the most part and that's what makes her underused, and not overlooked. Another problem is how none of her abilities work with each other. She is slow (without coptering) and tanky, however the way she is played, unless you want to do quick runs where you dedstroy a lot of weak enemies quickly, is just boring. Another problem is that she doesn't scale late game - her usefulness diminishes with each difficulty increase.

I don't really see the need to buff her.

I play Saryn pretty exclusively and she's a very solid frame with a copter+miasma build. And even with a miasma build her molt stays up long enough to revive someone or de-agro (and de-proc) yourself for a quick retreat. Even her venom isn't hurt that much considering the duration is brought down anyway with each spore you pop (venom is more of a proc ability than a damage type ability). Only contagion is f*cked, but that one isn't the most useful on a frame as slow as Saryn anyway. 

Edit: she's a nuke and a very good one at that. Like with all the other frames, sometimes you just don't like the play style that compliments the warframe (and Saryn requires a very specific skirmishing/hit-and-run play style to shine bright).

Edited by Skadedyr

She sorta already does. I've seen leather body suits with the same style as the white parts (default) on her. Also, thigh high boots and if you get her immortal skin, faux fishnets on her cleavage, her arms, and her back. She's pretty much Pris and Zhora from Blade Runner put together.

Still wouldn't hurt to give her another one.