The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[/!\] Add A New Currency

Canard.WC

Hello,

First of all i'm not a founders or even a paying customer but that don't mean i'm dumber than these ,second if you don't like the idea don't just down but give a reason why and third i'm not english but i will try to do my best to explain what i have in mind.

The new currency will be available only during alert mission (every of these "?" and the normal one) and rewarded between 10-30 depending on the difficulty.

What can you buy with this new currency ? everything even color or warframe/weapons slots but the price will be x10 for example the color who cost 75 platinum will cost 750 of this new currency for warframe/weapons slots : 200 and 120.

What's the point of this idea ? Give free players a reason to still playing this game when they have reach the endgame.

I don't think a game without free players or pvp will stay crowded in the long go now and i don't think that would affect much paying players since they already pay for having everything faster.

Why this idea ? This idea is for giving to all the long go player a reward for been still here.

i was a free players in every other game i have played (even vindictus where i still have my ugly white inner) and i will continue to be a free player in all the others and i've seen many greedy companies destroying slowly their games like Nexon, Gameforge,...

Please give your feedback.

Look, everything you can buy for platinum can be achieved ingame via blueprints and alerts. BUT certain things can't, mostly colours. Why can some of these things not be bought with platinum? DE needs to make some money, and people like to pay for customization. Everything that's "necessary" to play the game can be obtained for free and just requires time.

If a third currency like yours is added, the platinum market would collapse because everybody would just do Alerts and bam, you're done. Nobody would ever buy platinum anymore because 10 Alerts basically guarantee you a new weapon/colours/whatever, DE wouldn't make money, the quality of the game and future content would drop and, inevitably, lead to the downfall of this game.

No third currency. At least not like this.

Hello,

First of all i'm not a founders or even a paying customer but that don't mean i'm dumber than these ,second if you don't like the idea don't just down but give a reason why and third i'm not english but i will try to do my best to explain what i have in mind.

The new currency will be available only during alert mission (every of these "?" and the normal one) and rewarded between 10-30 depending on the difficulty.

What can you buy with this new currency ? everything even color or warframe/weapons slots but the price will be x10 for example the color who cost 75 platinum will cost 750 of this new currency for warframe/weapons slots : 200 and 120.

What's the point of this idea ? Give free players a reason to still playing this game when they have reach the endgame.

I don't think a game without free players or pvp will stay crowded in the long go now and i don't think that would affect much paying players since they already pay for having everything faster.

Why this idea ? This idea is for giving to all the long go player a reward for been still here.

i was a free players in every other game i have played (even vindictus where i still have my ugly white inner) and i will continue to be a free player in all the others and i've seen many greedy companies destroying slowly their games like Nexon, Gameforge,...

Please give your feedback.

there's no point. You can already earn just about everything from alerts. the only thing that doesn't drop from alerts that you can't just earn elsewhere or pay credits for, Are Colors and boosters. 

All this does is remove some of the luck and patience involved. But it opens up way too much of the market. It's only feasible on a limited basis that would limit you from getting the items you have your eyes on anyways.

The credits only work for blueprint and some weapons what i want to introduce is a currency harder to get than credits but with we can buy everything

But showing up for Alerts is easy - if all you had to do was show up for ? Alerts to get anything in the shop who would ever pay for anything?

Add a new currency

the WHINE-ARD

You have to be 'Free to Play/Whine' to be eligible

Every time You whine, fail a test, threaten to quit etc you get +1 Whine-ard coin

A million whine-ards gets You a Rubber Glaive that only bounces off the walls and does no damage

You're not being funny, you're not making people think anything of you other than "What a prick"  and you're probably making fun of a 12 year old.

What you want to introduce is a way around platinum. Which is DE's only way of making money with this game. Credits work for weapons, and those that can't be purchased with credits have a Blueprint available that can be purchased for credits, OR drop the Blueprints from Alerts. Warframe-related Blueprints (the three parts, Helmet, Chassis and Systems) drop from certain bosses.

Colours and Boosters are not required to play the game and therefore only purchaseable with platinum, which is perfectly fine. Everything else can be acquired ingame by investing more than 2 hours of playtime or however long you've been playing for now.

You're not being funny, you're not making people think anything of you other than "What a prick"  and you're probably making fun of a 12 year old.

Don't respond. He dropped 250$ of a forum badge so that he can feel like he is part of some secret club of VIPs while he troll posts.

The rules apply to him too. If he doesn't clean his act up eventually a Mod will get sick of him and take his posting privileges. Then no one has to care about the drool he trails everywhere.

Compared to other F2P games this one is already overly generous in how much you don't need real money currency for.  I was honestly shocked when i saw how easy it was to farm everything.  Just deal with the fact that they need to make money to keep the game running and pay for servers, new content.  Some people just want everything handed to them...

What you are suggesting is basically giving Platinum out with Alert missions. 

Calling it something other than Platinum and giving it a value less than Platinum doesn't stop it being Platinum.

100 pence make up 1 pound, they have different names, different nominal values......

You pay for Platinum, you grind for Credits. Why is this a problem?.

While there are many F2P games with a paid currency available through non-paid means or a third intermediate currency, they tend to cater to the extreme casual market, where 20 minutes can be worth 20 dollars. Warframe caters to the hardcore market, where 20 hours is worth 5 dollars if you're lucky. Warframe can't survive with a flexible or intermediate paid currency.

While there are many F2P games with a paid currency available through non-paid means or a third intermediate currency, they tend to cater to the extreme casual market, where 20 minutes can be worth 20 dollars. Warframe caters to the hardcore market, where 20 hours is worth 5 dollars if you're lucky. Warframe can't survive with a flexible or intermediate paid currency.

Null is pretty much hitting the nail on the head here. I think some of the pricing is a bit wonky but there is no reason to introduce a third currency thats purpose is just to be a second Platinum.

As a current free player, no. Just no.

You want to introduce a currency that's entirely luck-based and doesn't require effort to get, just time invested. Long time players get rewards like the braton vandal or occasional platinum giveaway, don't tie their advantages to something that's purely luck.

There was a similar post before too.. 

I don't agree because the people that have already paid would feel it was worthless, devs won't b able to get any significant ammount of money anymore.. so there's a risk for the game to close

sorry, but no...

every weapon, all warframes, both potatoes (Reactor and Catalyst) and most, if not all, skins can be aquired though '?' alerts.

the only things you can't get without platinum are weapon/warframe slots, color pallets and boosters (and temporarly the glaive BP, but that will change in a few days, if not hours or minutes)

Look, there won't be an easier way of getting everything available in the game, because it already is ridiculously easy. Don't try to come up with a cool new way of earning stuff by introducing a super rare new currency that only gets awarded through alerts. That would only hurt the market and the game, and force DE sto stop putting resources in this game. We don't want this, we want to eventually be able to play the full release version of this game.

Gold, Gems and Laurels are three currencies.

You forgot Karma to buy recipes and armor and weapons and other units that are awarded during special events like the winter event etc.

Plus the drops you get in dungeons that allows you to buy different armors, weapons etc, go to Lion's Arch and close to the guy that sells stuff with laurels, there are like 12 guys each one uses different money to buy dungeon items.

Edited by Kantazo

Are you sure? Laurels, coins, PVP money, event money. etc etc

Laurels are purely for a specific NPC unless they've recently changed it. PvP money wasn't used between players either from what I recall. Karma is also the same, you don't trade in Karma you just dump it into NPCs.

Those aren't a real currency like Gold or Gems.

You forgot Karma to buy recipes and armor and weapons and other units that are awarded during special events like the winter event etc.

True. Still, I think the money system in GW2 still works pretty damn well for that game. Also keep in mind that it's not F2P like Warframe, it's B2P, which does make a difference since they're guaranteed 60$ from every player anyways.