The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[/!\] Add A New Currency

Canard.WC

It's warframe not guildwars in other games you have something awarded with pvp but there is no pvp in warframe only mission that's why i submited this idea for alert mission i was dumb to do that in the forum since there is only few free players here the best thing would be a poll announce made by DE.

Now that's just mean, just because we decided to pay a little bit of money for the game means that our opinion about the currency system immediately becomes invalid? If anything, we should be able to give a better opinion about it since we've had the money-only currency and were able to use it and see its benefits/drawbacks, as opposed to free players who don#t pay at all.

I have no problem with free players, I have no problem with paying players, but I have a problem with stupid and ignorant players, which you seem to be a good example of.

Here's a detailed breakdown of what WF's free 2 play economy is like, and why adding an intermediate currency would be bad.

Warframe's economy is based around CONVENIENCE and STYLE.

The main currency, credits, is not even like a currency in many other games -- a price in credits is largely just a gatehouse. It's meaningless except as a gateway because you HAVE to invest a significant amount of time in order to get the materials, save where there is a pre-built item available for credits (not common). In many cases the materials are harder to get than the credits. Credits could be largely removed without many accompanying changes, but this would make the game feel (paradoxically) MORE grindy -- the problem with getting 20 bear-asses instead of 200,000 gold is you can't conceive of who would want bear-asses or what for. Credits are, thus, primarily a "feel" thing rather than a functional currency. Combined with the (minor) limitations they come with this is why I consider them a gatehouse.

The secondary (paid) currency is platinum. This is the big kahuna here, what everything in the game comes down to. You can rush your foundry items with platinum, get more item space with platinum, get more items with platinum, whatever you want with platinum (within reason). It's a full currency. There are a few BIG reasons someone would buy platinum.

1: They need credits for whatever reason. There are two ways to get credits with platinum, one supported (Credit Booster) and one unsupported (buy and sell items). This has been diminished with the recent patch to alert and mission reward values. From personal experience I would personally recommend allowing people to buy credits with money separate from platinum.

2: They don't want to farm for items. This is, I promise you, the main source of DE's income outside the founder program. It's a HUGE incentive. And they've added significant bonuses (potato + slots) that make it even MORE attractive. But just because it's the largest source of income doesn't put it very far ahead of the runner-up.

3: They want cosmetics. This is DE's second biggest source of income -- colors, skins, alt-helms. Some of these drop in alerts but that just makes the diehards wait longingly for the stupidly tiny chance to potentially miss yet another ugly helmet. (I'm looking at you, Mag.) Thing is, this is what gets the folks unswayed by convenience. This NEEDS to be kept as separate from the free players as possible -- not because those players don't deserve it, but because the items in question represent a VERY large chunk of DE's income from Warframe, AND -- this is important -- THEY DO NOT AFFECT GAMEPLAY IN ANY NOTICEABLE FASHION. Not stats (those that do have stat effects are alert-available AND the stats in question are tiny), not mechanics, NOTHING. You NEVER EVER need to have a cosmetic item, under any circumstances. That means they need to be kept to paying players.

Your third currency takes the place of both Platinum and Credits, except it does both jobs poorly by blocking potential income (paying players have less incentive to pay) and reducing conversion rates (a new player will more likely wait than shell out a fiver), ON TOP of becoming the hypothetical bear-asses instead of a simple gatekeeper.

The third currency would strangle DE's source of income and reduce the playability of the game for free-to-players. There is nothing good about the idea.

what you do it's taking the defence of paying players but what about the long go free players after reaching max level with your warframe and mastery rank 4 there is nothing to do ? in 1-2 weeks i've played i have finished all the bosses, i just need 3 mods and i have all of them (pokemon) and i have made 4 warframe 16 weapons grade 30 (i've selled many of them) there is no end content if they add even just warframe slots or weapons slot in blueprint from boss that would give something to do in the end.

See now, this doesn't have much to do with the Alerts or Credits or a special currency.

This is just the cold truth that the game is young and there isn't much content. That is definitely true.

If we are patient more content will come. DE does just fine for the most part. We've had more really good updates then we've had really bad ones.

Edited by Blatantfool

what you do it's taking the defence of paying players but what about the long go free players after reaching max level with your warframe and mastery rank 4 there is nothing to do ? in 1-2 weeks i've played i have finished all the bosses, i just need 3 mods and i have all of them (pokemon) and i have made 4 warframe 16 weapons grade 30 (i've selled many of them) there is no end content if they add even just warframe slots or weapons slot in blueprint from boss that would give something to do in the end.

Yes blueprint give you weapon but there is not only weapons.

Do you take time to use the bathroom, go to bed, work, study or do you play 24/7? That is not healthy my friend, I play 1-2 hours a day some day less other days more and I have accumulated only 60 hours game time, have 2 frames level 30 and 3 weapons level 30 and I have not even unlocked half of the map, dude if you have accomplished all that in 1-2 weeks you have no life. That is not good.

Yes blueprint give you weapon/warframe but there is not only weapons/warframe.

and no it's not already like that blatan actually you need luck for being here when the alert is on but what i whant it's a reward for each alert who can give you some nice stuff in the long go

The problem with all of this is that you forget a simple formula.

Games = Work

Work = Labor + Money

There are VERY few exceptions to this rule and every single one involved teams of under 30 people. It holds true across every single industry, and where you remove the money from the equation you end up with incomplete projects or shoddy work.

DE NEEEDS paying players to continue to run Warframe. If you remove the incentive to pay, you remove the lifeline of the game and within the year there won't be anything but fond memories and decaying websites.

Hello,

The new currency will be available only during alert mission (every of these "?" and the normal one) and rewarded between 10-30 depending on the difficulty.

What can you buy with this new currency ? everything even color or warframe/weapons slots but the price will be x10 for example the color who cost 75 platinum will cost 750 of this new currency for warframe/weapons slots : 200 and 120.

i was a free players in every other game i have played (even vindictus where i still have my ugly white inner) and i will continue to be a free player in all the others and i've seen many greedy companies destroying slowly their games like Nexon, Gameforge,...

Please give your feedback.

Greetings.

There is no need for a new currency as the same result as what you describe is attainable already by simply presenting highly-skewed-up prices in the already available currency (Credits) for the things currently only available for purchase via Platinum. As such, there is no need for yet another currency as there is no role it may serve that the two currently available currencies do not already perform.

This is also unlikely to occur as there need be some things that are only available in platinum (usually, cosmetic ones or time-investment cutting ones - which only serve to diminish from the game's enjoyment/life-span, ala using cheat codes) as to guarantee some level of funding for the game.

With all due respect, the value that forever-free-only players bring to a game is rather limited and at times even negatively impacting.

In the F2P MMO model, the idea is to provide the social framework - where players will create friendships with others that will tie them to the game (soloers not-withstanding), via luring in the masses with F2P and either enticing irregular payments out of some and/or having a few "heavy high rollers" essentially fund the game's continued operation for the rest of the freebies.

Free players still need to be treated as equally as other players (granted, some companies may think otherwise) and provided support to as any other customer. Some of them may be creating disharmony for other players or the game at large and thus, again, require human resources to handle the situation.

In the long run, forever-free-only players will also develop less attachment to the game (compared to those who spent money in it) and are much more likely to depart to another.

Moreoever, this so-called mystical need to retain (all) forever-free-only players, or else the game will fail, is simply non-existent. In reality they're simply being replaced and the numbers cancel-out.

Since, financially, the foreever-free-only player never contributed to the account balance of the developer rather only detracted from it, the departure of some of them may even be considered a positive (!!!).

I know this is very blunt-honesty and will likely be upsetting and I am sorry for that; please understand that I felt your position/statement was very aggressive and is highly flawed and as such required some correcting/clarification.

In regard to the companies you brought up, in much stark contrast to Digital Extremes (developers of Warframe), they're additionally notorious for lack of quality in their development, terrible treatment of their customers and indeed greedy milking/shakedowns for money of their customers, often at the detriment of their game's quality.

As such, I do not see this to be of relevance to Warframe. The likelyhood of it occurring here is rather slim. And I'm certain that should DE be straying off the righteous path, we'll be fast to alert their attention to it and restore their navigation towards the proper tracks.

Best Regards,

Greetings.

There is no need for a new currency as the same result as what you describe is attainable already by simply presenting highly-skewed-up prices in the already available currency (Credits) for the things currently only available for purchase via Platinum. As such, there is no need for yet another currency as there is no role it may serve that the two currently available currencies do not already perform.

This is also unlikely to occur as there need be some things that are only available in platinum (usually, cosmetic ones or time-investment cutting ones - which only serve to diminish from the game's enjoyment/life-span, ala using cheat codes) as to guarantee some level of funding for the game.

With all due respect, the value that forever-free-only players bring to a game is rather limited and at times even negatively impacting.

In the F2P MMO model, the idea is to provide the social framework - where players will create friendships with others that will tie them to the game (soloers not-withstanding), via luring in the masses with F2P and either enticing irregular payments out of some and/or having a few "heavy high rollers" essentially fund the game's continued operation for the rest of the freebies.

Free players still need to be treated as equally as other players (granted, some companies may think otherwise) and provided support to as any other customer. Some of them may be creating disharmony for other players or the game at large and thus, again, require human resources to handle the situation.

In the long run, forever-free-only players will also develop less attachment to the game (compared to those who spent money in it) and are much more likely to depart to another.

Moreoever, this so-called mystical need to retain (all) forever-free-only players, or else the game will fail, is simply non-existent. In reality they're simply being replaced and the numbers cancel-out.

Since, financially, the foreever-free-only player never contributed to the account balance of the developer rather only detracted from it, the departure of some of them may even be considered a positive (!!!).

I know this is very blunt-honesty and will likely be upsetting and I am sorry for that; please understand that I felt your position/statement was very aggressive and is highly flawed and as such required some correcting/clarification.

In regard to the companies you brought up, in much stark contrast to Digital Extremes (developers of Warframe), they're additionally notorious for lack of quality in their development, terrible treatment of their customers and indeed greedy milking/shakedowns for money of their customers, often at the detriment of their game's quality.

As such, I do not see this to be of relevance to Warframe. The likelyhood of it occurring here is rather slim. And I'm certain that should DE be straying off the righteous path, we'll be fast to alert their attention to it and restore their navigation towards the proper tracks.

Best Regards,

This is mostly right.

Forever-free-only players are a big deal though. They provide a lot of things that paying players cannot -- namely, they show players who are likely to make large quantities of very cheap purchases that, hey!  It's not that bad, you know? You can make no purchases at all and still enjoy the majority of the game!

The fence-sitter players will try it, get frustrated with the grind, and pay just a little bit here and there to make it smoother. Satisfied with their experience, they'll move on. (EDIT: move on as in, to other parts of the game because the grind wont upset them anymore. JEEZ STOP BEING SO CONFUSING CASSY)

A large community of paying players, on the other hand, will engender a distrust of the payment model, because it LOOKS (at a distance) like something, somewhere, is pay2win.

Edited by nullqasael

So let me get this straight you want a F2P and enjoy everything without having to pay a penny? How about costs for salary for the Des and costs for Servers and revenue for the company etc etc, Those that pay are in a way helping to keep the game on for the F2P and you want the F2P have the same things as those who pay?