Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Concept] Raid Warframe

arauko

I was thinking...all mmo games have "Raids" where a number of players meet to overcome a dungeon with the aim of ending the final boss.

While progress to reach the end, you have to go past certain tests, such as puzzles, kill sub-boss, or things like that, for once kill the final boss, get an object or several "legendary" such as mods, weapons, so to speak.

MAIN IDEA:
- Propose a raid in which participate from 5-10 players, depending on the difficulty of the mission, reward and other factors.

PROS:
+ Variety of game
+ Chance to play with several members of the clan at the same time without being separated into groups of 4.
+ For older players, will be something completely new we can do since we joined the beta.

CONS:
- Host per user
- Host per server
- Players can start asking for a minimum of Conclave to conduct raids, forcing other players to spend money on improving their equipment.
- Players can start asking members who wish to attend the raid a Warframe particular and specific weapons or prohibited to participate.

FIX:
* Host per Server: reduce the number of trash mobs to a minimum (or none) and make every encounter throughout the "raid" something challenging and in fairly low numbers. By xethier

Suggest:

* Reduce the number of NPCs for to reduce the network & machine resource requirements (Suggest By xethier and IkariWarrior83

* Make a key to participate in the Raid

-------------------------------------------------

I would like you to tell me more PROS and CONS, moreover, of ideas "that can be added ...", "which rewards give" etc

-------------------------------------------------

Changelog 1:

Removed:

- CONS: Min Conclave

- CONS: Host per server

Added:

+ Add "Fix" Group

+ Add "Suggest" Group

+ Add to Main Idea: Alert System (Idea By xethier)

+ Add to Fix: Host per Server (reduce the number of trash mobs to a minimum (or none) and make every encounter throughout the "raid" something challenging and in fairly low numbers. (to reduce the network & machine resource requirements) Idea by xethier

+ Add to Suggest: Reduce the number of NPCs for to reduce the network & machine resource requirements (Suggest By xethier and IkariWarrior83

Moved:

* "Host per server" From CONS to Fix

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changelog 2:

Removed:

- Limitation Raid (weekly or daily) (PS4)IkariWarrior83

Added:

+ Add to Suggest: Make a key to participate in the Raid

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry my english, i use google.

Edited by arauko

-snip-

CONS:

- Host per server or up to the players.

- Players can start asking for a minimum of Conclave to conduct raids, forcing other players to spend money on improving their equipment.

- Players can start asking members who wish to attend the raid a Warframe particular and specific weapons or prohibited to participate.

-snip-

host per server:: easily resolved, reduce the number of trash mobs to a minimum (or none) and make every encounter throughout the "raid" something challenging and in fairly low numbers. (to reduce the network & machine resource requirements)

conclave:: good. it would be nice to have a challenge. additionally, you could actually make these like tactical alerts. (which would alleviate this con)

players being elitist:: don't play with them, easy.

-- the only major flaw with this would be the first one. (hosting issues) but as i mentioned... proper design would alleviate this.

you could easily run 8 players. (same as dark sector conflicts) (it doesn't use much more bandwidth than a regular mission)

and could probably go higher than that. (anything beyond 10 or 12 would be just too absurd, damage output by the tenno would be insane)

p.s.

do this one first:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/57454-void-boss-orokin-defense-intelligence-network-odin/?p=599416

Edited by xethier

I think this would be a creative answer to the Grineer/Corpus invasions.

Game Type: Invasion

Party size: 1-3 SQUADS

Reduce the number of NPCs, and then there's more space for Tenno, plus throw in the caches so that folks don't have to run the mission five times.

Perhaps I'm taking this idea to too-extreme a place, but hey, while we're making suggestions I might as well aim high, right? :)

I strongly dislike the idea of only being able to run it once or twice a week. It's the reason I stopped playing Destiny and a lot of people only play it once a week now. People are already complaining about the wait walls in warframe, we really don't need more imo.

I agree with you in limitation, it is a bad idea, but it depends on the item / items that reward us, for example,

1: If you are charging objects (emblems, skins, etc) to come out profitable, should be limited either X times a week, or at least rank mastery of eset mode may take advantage of the range of expertise, many of us have more than the maximum rank with which we can equip weapons, etc.

2: If you are prime objects if it could be X times daily or as has been done so far, a key but in this case that all members of the squad must possess, (could be used nano-spores for example, and are given a better use)

What do you think? Do you think it better that way or would be better for you?

Remember we are looking to do something different, not like what currently exists, as currently see the game as a dungeon go to another dungeon ...