Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things That One Other Game Do Better Then Warframe.

ReiganCross

Decided to start a new topic about how a specific game does something that somehow feels better then what is present at Warframe. I would love if people 

I'll start with Warhammer 40k - Space Marines and show how the proper format would go about.

Game:

"THQ's Warhammer 40k - Space Marine"

This 40k based game is about a single Space Marine that kicks vasts ammounts of alien and heretic &#!. It is set in the lore-rich world of Warhammer 40k and makes the best use of it a 3rd person shooter can muster. The comparsion with Warframe is unavoidable, since it tries to do the very same thing as Warframe, even with Exterminatus mode being a co-op 4 person mode where you kill hordes of stuff. It comes close in quality but it have less staying power and suport then Warframe.

Thing that it does better:

Combining sword and gun gameplay.

Yeah, another thing that it's unavoidable to compare is the Sword and Gun gameplay, and Space Marine does it kind of way better then Warframe. First the buttons. While Warframe press E for ALL Melee pruposes, Space Marine reserves it into the second mouse button which is great for aiming melee while you move. Not only that, it also have F as a secondary "Stun" attack that can be used for button combination and in the end does makes for combo variation, not to mention the shoulder charges and aerial strikes looking and feeling way better/more intuitive. The only downsize from this is that it ends up assigning Ctrl as an aiming button (Y'know, SMB being used for melee and all.) but you can really get used to it pretty fast.

And that's the form, please fill in your own suggestions here. Cross out.

Edited by ReiganCross

Warhammer 40k - Space Marine and Warframe are different kind of games. Space Marine is supposed to be a third person fighter-like game more than a shooter - you have combos, finisher moves and a dynamic energy bar. Warframe has three distinguished weapon types and your melee is more of a stunlocker and Infestation repeller than anything (unless you enjoy going around and charge-killing everybody).

You can't really compare the two games.

though it may sound negative and offending, this kind of comparison does good as a heads up. what's with the hate ?
he's trying to improve and giving feedback based on something that does better, as there's no point in pointing out what we do better here.

we all know the quality of the DE teams and our lovely customer support.

and even so he said something about it already, "it comes close in quality but it have less staying power and support than Warframe."

How about a thread about what Warframe does better than other games? A little less negative.

Praising and sucking up to the game won't make it better. This aims to find what other stuff does what feels better and see what can we latch onto the game. End result?... Pure Awesome Switch!

Warhammer 40k - Space Marine and Warframe are different kind of games. Space Marine is supposed to be a third person fighter-like game more than a shooter - you have combos, finisher moves and a dynamic energy bar. Warframe has three distinguished weapon types and your melee is more of a stunlocker and Infestation repeller than anything (unless you enjoy going around and charge-killing everybody).

You can't really compare the two games.

That it does, which is why i like this game better then Space Marine... But really, there is something to be learned here, especially since we could use more out of melee then just a useless stick to keep our skin safe like a nerd swinging his stick at a bully...

Edited by ReiganCross

How about a thread about what Warframe does better than other games? A little less negative.

I'm sorry to be negative, but what exactly does warframe do better than other games?

It's a game where the whole is better than the sum of it's parts, but it doesn't do any specific thing that good.

Edited by Story4

The thing with multiple melee-buttons and combos is that it can make Warframe a "finger-acrobatic" game. Which DE said they tried to avoid. Still, maybe a second type of melee attack could be benificial (alot of players have more than 2 buttons on their mouse anyway).

Edited by Lactamid

I'm sorry to be negative, but what exactly does warframe do better than other games?

It's a game where the sum of it's parts is better than the whole, but it doesn't do any specific thing that good.

Oh, a lot of stuff. Customer Suport for one is impecable and you really don't see how important that is until you miss it, which is hard to see in Warframe. Another thing is aesthetic, simply put, Warframe looks FRIGGING AWESOME! Hell, i like the ninja feel here better then some games like Metal Gear Rising... It also is pretty dynamic, you do a really lot of stuff without thinking much and eventually you grow fond of it. It also have story, albeit a kind of weak one, but it IS better then most games.

So yeah, Warframe IS better then a lot of games out there. But like Adagio said, it is kind of pointless to look at what Warframe does better then people, since this shouldn't be changed.

The thing with multiple melee-buttons and combos is that it can make Warframe a "finger-acrobatic" game. Which DE said they tried to avoid. Still, maybe a second type of melee attack could be benificial (alot of players have more than 2 buttons on their mouse anyway).

the key word there is alot  not all people have more than 2 buttons. so what do thoughs people do then

Oh, a lot of stuff. Customer Suport for one is impecable and you really don't see how important that is until you miss it, which is hard to see in Warframe. Another thing is aesthetic, simply put, Warframe looks FRIGGING AWESOME! Hell, i like the ninja feel here better then some games like Metal Gear Rising... It also is pretty dynamic, you do a really lot of stuff without thinking much and eventually you grow fond of it. It also have story, albeit a kind of weak one, but it IS better then most games.

So yeah, Warframe IS better then a lot of games out there. But like Adagio said, it is kind of pointless to look at what Warframe does better then people, since this shouldn't be changed.

Well support is also good in other games and is mostly subjective. I got 6 champion refunds from LoL so that one is also good. Also the looks are a matter of taste, i for one like them, but i don't think that it can be included in things that it does better than other games, because some people may enjoy a modern/medieval/fantasy setting. How can you feel a ninja when stealth is so broken and how exactly is it dynamic when you just run from objective a to b or just stay and defend a point? Also a lot of games have a better story, even LoL has a much more expanded lore even if sometimes it gets silly.

I'm sorry for being so negative, but i don't really see anything that it does better. I agree that it's fun because the whole is better than the sum of it's parts, but if you take anything specific out of the game, be it combat, abilities, immersion, visuals, pay model, there are plenty of games that do it better. I know the game is in beta but not acknowledging it's faults is worse than accepting them, because then the game cannot improve.

Edited by Story4

Well, since people have not been posting their own ideas, i'll follow things up:

Game:

"Kojima's Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance"

Metal Gear has always been about stealth and whatnot and is always great on this, but that's Metal Gear SOLID, what we're looking at is Metal Gear RISING, a much more dynamic game which lacks a lot of stealth elements the original series had. Is that a good thing? Well... Yes! Yes it is! Raiden is much more agile then Snake and feels like a much more alive character then the wierd-&#! clone. The comparsion with Warframe this time is purely asthetic, but if you ask me, Warframe does the whole Cyber Ninja way better then Metal Gear Rising... So what does it do better?

Thing that it does better:

Ambience

Simply put, Metal Gear Rising have a way more involving music then Warframe, and that's mainly it. Yes it have an awesome blade mode and ninja run, but to be honest it gets pretty tiring after a while, gets old really fast. MGR's music is FRIGGING AWESOME when it comes to make you pumped to slice some dudes open with a ninja sword. Once you start playing there is nothing on your mind but the word AWESOME written a hundred times while you mindlessly turn grunts into sushi.

Hope you guys come with something more.

Visceral Games's Dead Space (the series in general)

A survival shooter set in a future where a totally not Scientology-based cult is dominant and no other life beyond human is known to exist despite extensive exploring, the player takes control of Isaac Clarke (and in DS3, another can take control of John Carver, EarthGov soldier), a civilian engineer part of a team assigned to respond to a distress call given by the mining ship USG Ishumira. The following chart sums up Isaac's experiences in the entire series: http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p149/NanoMoose/Ridiculousness/2vkjlo2.png

What It Does Better: Preventing the player from getting hopelessly lost

While not a huge problem on the original spaceship maps, the asteroid maps, from my experience, have this problem with the RNG being a cruel bastard and making it so the way you need to go is the exact opposite of being obvious.

I've had surprisingly good people ragequit because they spent 30 minutes trying to figure out where the hell the path to the last machine was with no progress whatsoever. Something like Dead Space's objective guide system, which showed you the path to where you should be going with a beam of light leading to it, could help avert problems with navigation and prevent players from being frustrated with certain map types.

EDIT: ^ Anything that allows for more Maniac Agenda music in more games has my vote.

Edited by RealityMachina

I agree, this games needs a better guiding system. Hell, sometimes this game outright bugs and refuses to tell you where to go in a decent fashion, mainly hoping for us to have ninja wall-phasing abilities for reaching objectives (Which would be awesome! =P). Dead Space does do this better with the white guides, although i think that one is a tad bit too intrusive (Still better then Warframe, perfectly acceptable.)

Tribes Ascend captured the feeling of speed in a sci-fi setting very well. The sound of wind blowing past your ears, the sound of skiing and a speed meter really worked together to make you feel like you're blazing. I don't mean that Warframe should have people flying at mach speeds everywhere, but sliding and jumping feels REALLY clunky in anything that's not a completely flat environment. There should be better animations and sounds for moving around quickly, and movement mechanics definitely need to be improved. I can't count how many times I rolled into a pit because the game simply didn't let me jump, or how many times I just stop sprinting and fall on my face because I went too fast down some stairs. I find myself switching to pistols while sprinting just because it looks better when your Warframe swings its arms as it runs, so getting the feeling of speed is important to me.

I don't mean that Warframe should have people flying at mach speeds everywhere

And at that momment i picture a Loki sliding at Mach 3... The image is too awesome for me to read the rest! XD (Which i did, but the awesome of Mach 3 Sliding Loki is too much! XD)

GAME: Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

FEATURE: Hacking minigame.

I agree, but at the same time i don't...Deux Ex is more of a deep minigame, but it's also more complex. Not sure if the hacking mini-game in Deux Ex wouldn't break the game's pacing, but we could use a more deep minigame then the one we have right now, definitely.

It was one of my mouse buttons but im sorry for making this more off topic.

One thing that I think that Warframe could do better that many games do well is the physics effects. Many times I feel like things are glued to the floor for knockdown effects and such.

It was one of my mouse buttons but im sorry for making this more off topic.

One thing that I think that Warframe could do better that many games do well is the physics effects. Many times I feel like things are glued to the floor for knockdown effects and such.

Oh yeah, i was going to say that but i kind of don't know what game to refer as an example... This game's Physics engine?... Pretty much doesn't exist. Really, that might be the only reason they don't want to throw in Grenades into the game, because throwing grenades would involve it bouncing of walls and having gravity affect every bit of it's trajectory.

It's a shame too, this game have the best hit detection i'v ever saw in any game out there, and yet not physic engine to make use of it.