Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Things That One Other Game Do Better Then Warframe.

ReiganCross

Me3 Multi-player.

I wish there was more synergy between classes like there was in ME3. One class was able to prime a target and another class could set off different types of explosions. In warframe the only difference between soloing and grouping is the number of people involved.

I wish powers were more important. In ME3 you could run an entire mission and never have to fire your weapon. You could build classes as power classes, weapon classes, or any combination of the two. I can basiclly run through pluto solo , and never have to use a singe power, but I can't do it using only powers.  Powers sort of feel like gimicky add ons and not major attributes.

Networking issues are much more noticable in Warframe than they were in ME3. ME3 was by no means a shining star in this catagory, but speaking only for myself, using the exact same computer and isp, there are many many more issues with warframe. I have basically soloed for 90% of my playtime, because it's much more preferable than playing the host lottery.

There are things warframe does better than ME3, but that is not the subject of the thread.

Space Marine follows those God of War/DMC/Bayonetta 1 man army style of gameplay though. It's mostly about the melee combos and using guns as an addition to the combat. Warframe is a 3rd person shooter with some swords really. You can't say it does it better because they don't have the same style of gameplay.

Space Marine follows those God of War/DMC/Bayonetta 1 man army style of gameplay though. It's mostly about the melee combos and using guns as an addition to the combat. Warframe is a 3rd person shooter with some swords really. You can't say it does it better because they don't have the same style of gameplay.

So you're basically saying that Warframe shouldn't have Swords to begin with?... Because if they're going to half-&#! the melee combat, they might as well call it off.

Oh, a lot of stuff. Customer Suport for one is impecable and you really don't see how important that is until you miss it, which is hard to see in Warframe. Another thing is aesthetic, simply put, Warframe looks FRIGGING AWESOME! Hell, i like the ninja feel here better then some games like Metal Gear Rising... It also is pretty dynamic, you do a really lot of stuff without thinking much and eventually you grow fond of it. It also have story, albeit a kind of weak one, but it IS better then most games.

So yeah, Warframe IS better then a lot of games out there. But like Adagio said, it is kind of pointless to look at what Warframe does better then people, since this shouldn't be changed.

I don't think Warframe is better than ME3 on the customer support, maybe just as good, but not better. In ME3 multiple devs participated in many threads. They joined our user made groups, and contributed/acknowledged ideas,  they even played the game with us. ( some of the devs were pretty damn good at the game) Has anyone played with a dev in this game yet? I'm curious, as actually playing a game you work on opens up a whole lot of perspective you may not have if you just spend all your time with your nose buried in code.

Wouldn't it be awsome to drop into a game and see DE_Rebecca pwoning face on her (as yet to be released) kitty cat warframe!

I don't think Warframe is better than ME3 on the customer support, maybe just as good, but not better. In ME3 multiple devs participated in many threads. They joined our user made groups, and contributed/acknowledged ideas,  they even played the game with us. ( some of the devs were pretty damn good at the game) Has anyone played with a dev in this game yet? I'm curious, as actually playing a game you work on opens up a whole lot of perspective you may not have if you just spend all your time with your nose buried in code.

Wouldn't it be awsome to drop into a game and see DE_Rebecca pwoning face on her (as yet to be released) kitty cat warframe!

We did saw them playing their own game and aparently they do play it... Just not with us lowly testers o.o'... Maybe because ME3MP is already a finished product and this is still in test, so they have too much stuff to repair?... I dunno, but i know they play their own game. Pretty sure.

The things I liked about Space Marine that aren't quite here in Warframe is:

1. The Space Marine cover system. When asked about cover in Space Marine, the devs were basically "COVER IS FOR THE WEAK." It's a game where you unabashedly are supposed to stand in the middle of a bunch of enemies and beat them all to death, and it's amazing for it.

2. Health Regeneration. In Space Marine, you regained health by executing enemies in melee. That was a cool concept.

So you're basically saying that Warframe shouldn't have Swords to begin with?... Because if they're going to half-&#! the melee combat, they might as well call it off.

I never said that, nor did my comment have any critique on Warframe's melee combat. I was just stating how it's gameplay mechanics are opposites of those games I listed. The melee combat in this game may not be as complex, but it does it's job.

1. The Space Marine cover system. When asked about cover in Space Marine, the devs were basically "COVER IS FOR THE WEAK." It's a game where you unabashedly are supposed to stand in the middle of a bunch of enemies and beat them all to death, and it's amazing for it.

that^^ because if you now any thing about the space marines then you know that they have 3 lung can "breath" in space. 2 hearts some spit acid can shut down 1/2 there brain to "sleep". basicly eat there own poop(when in battle). and there terminators can survive orbital bombardments and there wounds heal in about 2 seconds. ... need I continue?(and if you did not know now you do.

edit: I forgot they can also breath under water and in poisonous enviroments...(also not really relavent but virus bombs)

Edited by Slorch

2. Health Regeneration. In Space Marine, you regained health by executing enemies in melee. That was a cool concept.

On the Multiplayer the regenerate health came back... And yeah, no cover in Space Marine felt badass, "A Marine doesn't need cover! Marines ARE their own cover! Now go out there and smash some enemies for the emperor!" But here's one distinction.... Space Marine didn't use Stealth, at all o.o'...

that^^ because if you now any thing about the space marines then you know that they have 3 lung can "breath" in space. 2 hearts some spit acid can shut down 1/2 there brain to "sleep". basicly eat there own poop(when in battle). and there terminators can survive orbital bombardments and there wounds heal in about 2 seconds. ... need I continue?(and if you did not know now you do.

That is all pretty much still a lot of badass... And we don't know anything about the Tenno yet, maybe they are super-uber ninjas with mistical powers of not needing to eat ever. Also, we can't survive decompression, but aparently height means nothing to a Tenno.

Game:

"Capcom's Monster Hunter" - Really, the whole series work.

Now, you might think it's unfair to make the comparsion. Not only is Monster Hunter a long standing franchise with a LOT of time to improve itself, it sets itself with a completely diferent style of game and asthetic. Yes, Monster Hunter is a different game and Warframe is much, much better then it. Warframe paces itself like a much more intense game experience and the plot of Warframe IS actually better then Monster Hunter, believe it or not. But there is one thing that Monster Hunter does that Warframe definitely needs.

Thing that it does better:

"Boss Fights"

Yeah i'm pretty sure that everyone that plays Monster Hunter saw that coming but the boss fight in there are frigging awesome! You never feel like you're just grinding again'st a rock with a dumb stick, even your regular Rathalos fight have it's phases, Rathalos tires itself, parts of him breaks that affect how his power works, he can lose his tail that can make your fight easier and give you extra loot, his attack pattern is pretty extensive and almost none of his attack are homing strikes but all of his moves hit like a truck and have hitboxes. Hell, Rathalos even have annoying hitboxes in places you wouldn't expect, like how his legs can cause you damage just by moving around. Now, sure it would be different here, your average Tenno can kick the most powerful hunter's &#! in a flash, but all you have to do is adapt and you'll have boss fights with a gameplay that is deep as hell, with a very intuitive complexity to compensate it. The Monster Hunters fights are pretty much the definitive best boss fights there are and we could take clues from it, even if Monster Hunter is not exactly an analog for Warframe. (And yes, i can see some of the monsters of MH as machine leviathans or masses of infected tissue.)

Edited by ReiganCross

On the Multiplayer the regenerate health came back... And yeah, no cover in Space Marine felt badass, "A Marine doesn't need cover! Marines ARE their own cover! Now go out there and smash some enemies for the emperor!" But here's one distinction.... Space Marine didn't use Stealth, at all o.o'...

other than there scouts... (but they arn't "real" Space marines...) other than that yes. they are there own cover....(kind of like the chuck norris of the future :) )

This is what I imagined what Warframe is before I came here, space ninjas okay that's cool.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance in a nutshell Review

What Warframe lacks are the Pros of Metal Gear Rising,

What Metal Gear Rising lacks are the Pros of Warframe.

Edited by DerLeopard

Game:

"Capcom's Monster Hunter" - Really, the whole series work.

Now, you might think it's unfair to make the comparsion. Not only is Monster Hunter a long standing franchise with a LOT of time to improve itself, it sets itself with a completely diferent style of game and asthetic. Yes, Monster Hunter is a different game and Warframe is much, much better then it. Warframe paces itself like a much more intense game experience and the plot of Warframe IS actually better then Monster Hunter, believe it or not. But there is one thing that Monster Hunter does that Warframe definitely needs.

"Boss Fights"

Yeah i'm pretty sure that everyone that plays Monster Hunter saw that coming but the boss fight in there are frigging awesome! You never feel like you're just grinding again'st a rock with a dumb stick, even your regular Rathalos fight have it's phases, Rathalos tires itself, parts of him breaks that affect how his power works, he can lose his tail that can make your fight easier and give you extra loot, his attack pattern is pretty extensive and almost none of his attack are homing strikes but all of his moves hit like a truck and have hitboxes. Hell, Rathalos even have annoying hitboxes in places you wouldn't expect, like how his legs can cause you damage just by moving around. Now, sure it would be different here, your average Tenno can kick the most powerful hunter's &#! in a flash, but all you have to do is adapt and you'll have boss fights with a gameplay that is deep as hell, with a very intuitive complexity to compensate it. The Monster Hunters fights are pretty much the definitive best boss fights there are and we could take clues from it, even if Monster Hunter is not exactly an analog for Warframe. (And yes, i can see some of the monsters of MH as machine leviathans or masses of infected tissue.)

Next thing we know we'll have space cats throwing bombs.

Although I agree wholeheartedly to this post and I wish we can have better boss fights so grinding for blueprints won't be such a chore. Right now it's like hoping for a Rathalos plate without carving or capturing and not cutting off the tail and getting Unlucky Cat from the kitchen, minus the awesomeness of taking down a Rathalos. I'd say Monster Hunter bosses on steroids (3x the speed at least) for end game will satisfy many players.

Edited by Necrio

other than there scouts... (but they arn't "real" Space marines...) other than that yes. they are there own cover....(kind of like the chuck norris of the future :) )

I'm not talking about how Marine don't use stealth... Scouts is only one of the valids ways of Space Marine Stealth, but you don't see that in the game, nor ANY element or Stealth, right?

Dead Or Alive has better fanservice..

Needs more hawt kunoichi and.bewb physics. Srsly.

Game:

"Scarlet Blade" (No idea who makes it)

Perfect for this guy's comparsion, it i MADE of fan service!

"Jiggle Physics and Fan Service"

And hey, who am i to complain about ome hot pervy goodness in my Warframe? Remember, Warframe need more Rule 34!

Game:

"Kojima's Metal Gear Solid" (Mainly the first one)

So, this have shown up a couple of times by now, Steve keeps mentioning it and how they were huge fans of Metal Gear by the time they made the first Dark Sector. So yeah, it's inevitable that the comparsion keeps up. Metal Gear Solid is one of the first games we have that did Stealth in a good fashion and that was it's main atraction. It also was absolutely filled with Cutscenes and whatnot to somewhat annoying degree but ultimately, it had a great plot with a decent gameplay that really made you feel like a special agent hidden inside a completely hostile territory (much like the Tenno is ALWAYS inside enemy territory.) Warframe does more intensity then Metal Gear though, the pacing of Warframe is much more frantic and full-time power (In fact, i'd say that it's the only pace it knows... It gets old after a while, man, not all moments of your game needs to be intense fights...).

"Pacing"

So yeah, everyone expected Stealth coming a while away, really, Stealth is done better in Metal Gear for a reason. What people fail to realise is WHY Metal Gear does Stealth better then Warframe and i can speculate why, pacing. Yes, Metal Gear have a much better pacing then Warframe have at the moment. Warframe is all about INTENSE FIGHT SCENES all the way, you during a session you never get a momment to breath, even when hacking you're still in high-intensity as you can still be killed or the air can still destroy you. As for Metal Gear, it have it's ups and downs, you have intense battle scenes and momments of rest and hiding. Stealth is all about LAYING LOW and it will be impossible to do so if you keep your game cranked all the way up in intense fight scenes for the whole run. Warframe will NEVER have Stealth as long as it wants to keep to it's explosions and gunfights, that's basically the Anti-Stealth, you might as well be rambo while you're at it. And if you want to play this way it's fine, but if they plan on taking Stealth to a viable level, they will have to re-think the way this game is played to tone down the constant frenetic fighting.

That's kind of a hard discussion but i'll keep it at that for now. Cross out.

Blacklight retribution- weapon stats. ALL the weapon stats. Damage, rpm, spread and recoil given as actual degree values, reload time...

Ok, that's not fair... They're trying that X__X. But yeah, currently it's something done better then Warframe.

• 2 weeks later...

Game: Call of Duty.

I know. There's few things, overall, to praise about the game (like my friend said).

There is one thing, however, that I would like to see.

Thing that it does (no, not better. A thing that only CoD and very few games do):

"FPS lock" function.

In CoD, you can decide to "lock" your FPS ( frames per second, in this case, not first person shooter :P ) at a stable level, depending on your computer (for example 40).

While this seems like a stupid option, even a sudden framerate drop from 60 to 30 is a noticeable thing, especially for some sensitive gamers. I am not one of these, but I know some people who are. A similar thing happens for my low-end laptop - I oscillate between about 35 and 20 FPS, with rare moments where I go below 20. If I could cap my FPS at aorund 25 this would smoothen my *overall* FPS and make my experience more enjoyable than suddenly being met by the laggy sea of death when a bunch of Infested runs my way.

I am sure it's not a very hard thing to add, and while it sounds banal/useless, it can benefit some players. Many people would rather have a stable 30 FPS game than oscillate between 50 and 20, with sudden (and painful) drops.

I am sure it's not a very hard thing to add, and while it sounds banal/useless, it can benefit some players. Many people would rather have a stable 30 FPS game than oscillate between 50 and 20, with sudden (and painful) drops.

That's not how programs work. Your computer isn't an entity that you can try to make deals with.

Edited by Argoms