Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy Spawn And Stealth

Kethus

Stealth involves a lot of luck because someone can always pop up from a dead end you just cleared, notice you and trigger the alarm. Maybe, if it's possible, enemy spawns could be disabled for already explored pieces of the map as long as the ship/facility/outpost is unaware of our presence. The explored rooms could possibly reset after triggering the alarm and resetting it so enemies will spawn in explored rooms until they are visited again and the enemy spawn could become permanently enabled after one detection on higher level missions.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to bring this up again now that stealth is a thing. Currently, with the appropriate mod, I've noticed enemies can even spawn in the same room as me as long as they aren't within my field of vision. Being invisible all the time is almost a must now.

Yes please. Having John Prodman spawn in the corner behind you while you're sniping and alerting everyone in the room is funny the first time, but gets old fast. (Also, why can desert skates operate alarm consoles, and why are they inclined to inform the Grineer of your presence?)

I've actually watched enemies respawn in the exact same spot I just killed someone with my bow, even to the extent of multiple respawns happening three feet from my face.

It's a little silly and pointless to play stealth if I'm going to be forced to go through my entire arrow quiver by overly-aggressive spawn mechanics.

EDIT: I literally could not stealth down a required corridor today because it was, again, literally impossible to kill all the Grineer; every one I killed was replaced almost instantly, right in front of my eyes.

Edited by TheDorque