Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea For A New Enemy Type For Those Who Complain About Lack Of End-Game Challenge.

CedarDpg

Running a lot of missions with Corpus and Orokin/Corrupted enemies... Sometimes the Nullifiers annoy me, like when one one-shots me in the back of the head or whatever. They are pretty creative...disrupting skills and shielding their buddies in their bubble, always shooting people with their ever-charged shot Lankas or whatever...

Made me think of a new Infested enemy that would be amusing to see spawn in medium to large groups like the Nullifiers seem to do...

Make us an Eximus Infested Tar Moa Nullifier. Just melt and fuse a Nullifier shield generator on to the Moa somewhere lopsided and visually discordant. The aura they'd cast would give any nearby Infested have their own shield bubbles and if they're all clumped up, it would increase the effectiveness of the damage mitigation. i.e. take more shots to collapse the bubble. These would spawn in groups of 3-10. 

That would crack me up and people always complaining about the lack of challenge in the end-game would probably be happy by the added content. :)

I My best ideas are to simply add some existing bosses as standard enemies but without their special abilities just their model.

My Ideas is to make Hyennas and Jackals as standard Corpus Heavies since both of these units have challenging gameplay and can easily be explained through lore.

For grinner they could use smaller Letch Krill models with some small changes such as colours that could use other grinner weapons (Kohm for example) and be Called Grinner Commandos.

Infested are fine as they are.

As for Corrupted... well nothing right now Bombards and Nulifiers are increadibly overpowered in high level and makes it real difficult to hit the 40 minute mark let alone 1hour in T3 upwards.

Anyway my Ideas is to use existing unit designs but just make them standard enemies. Also I think they should add Corpus Mercenaries or experimental humanoid proxies that have warframe like abilities (that would be a bit hard to balance but Corpus need new units especially in Archwing).

The problem with this game is the size and scope of it overall. There are potent situations where there could be tons of enemies in the same room, unfortunately, this comes at a cost of AI behavior. They pretty much have tried to add on top of the limited "base" that they currently have with mixed results. For example, Eximus from testing Prosecutors was a fairly good run. Stalker like enemies that can run around, run on walls, use skills, etc is what should be put into the game, even if they are "mini bosses". A squad of three grineer ninja assassins that are weaker than the current stalker would already be a fulfilling fight.

I My best ideas are to simply add some existing bosses as standard enemies but without their special abilities just their model.

My Ideas is to make Hyennas and Jackals as standard Corpus Heavies since both of these units have challenging gameplay and can easily be explained through lore.

For grinner they could use smaller Letch Krill models with some small changes such as colours that could use other grinner weapons (Kohm for example) and be Called Grinner Commandos.

Infested are fine as they are.

As for Corrupted... well nothing right now Bombards and Nulifiers are increadibly overpowered in high level and makes it real difficult to hit the 40 minute mark let alone 1hour in T3 upwards.

Anyway my Ideas is to use existing unit designs but just make them standard enemies. Also I think they should add Corpus Mercenaries or experimental humanoid proxies that have warframe like abilities (that would be a bit hard to balance but Corpus need new units especially in Archwing).

Give a Heavy Male Grineer a Jat Kittag.. bam. melee against the Grineer suddenly got a whole lot harder. Your idea on how to make new enemies isnt bad and I do wonder why DE just doesnt do this.