The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Freezes During Loading The Game/arsenal/missions And Right After A Mission Starts

BlackVortex

The game freezes everytime for me when I start the game, when going to the arsenal, while loading a mission and right after a mission starts

The first issue is not that much of a problem for me since it doesn't affect my gameplay that much as I just sit and wait a bit longer and neither is it a problem that it freezes when I go to the arsenal, which is still kind of strange because it freezes for about 5-10 seconds, but if I hit alt+tab and switch to windows it goes on straight away

while the game freezes the rest of my pc has no problems because other programs run just fine while the game is frozen (i.e. I can tell the people on teamspeak that my game is frozen during the whole 5-10 second freeze)

the issues with the freezes in the mission loading screen and the freezes right at the start of a mission are a real problem for me, as I get disconnected from the host in 99% of the cases which makes playing with other people almost impossible

I have tried turning multithreading on and off but this does not affect the freezes in the game

I will continue to test with 64-/32-bit mode and DirectX9/10/11 and my Windows 7 64-/32-bit OS, though I doubt this will be of any help since I didn't have these issues before

if I alt+tab out of warframe during one of these freezes, my game will just stop responding

if I wait untill the freeze is over, I can alt+tab just fine without any issues

I don't know exactly when the freezes started occuring since I haven't played the game from U15 till 15.5 or 15.6, when U15 got launched I couldnt even party a friend of mine so I just waited till that got sorted out

I have never experienced anything like this before in warframe prior to those patches and I've looked around and see many other people on the forum with similar problems

I'm pretty sure something went wrong with the coding in one of the patches after U15

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core Duo E6750 @ 2.66Ghz

Memory: 4GB DDR3

GPU: Ati HD5770

Update:

switched to DirectX9, all the freezing is gone

guess DirectX11 got wrecked in one of the U15 patches

Edited by BlackVortex

I have the same problem, Every Loading screen whether it be warframe just launching into the log-in screen or me loading into a dojo or a mission.

But every time I load it Freezes completely and says (Not Responding) every time I tab out.

If one other person is in my dojo, my screen freezes and have to Ctl-Alt-Del out of game and restart. EVERY TIME. If I go in first, same thing happens to anyone else trying to come in. 

Can someone advise or can this get fixed??

try running the game in DX9, it literally fixed all my problems

try running the game in DX9, it literally fixed all my problems

How exactly do you do that? I tried googling it but a lot of the sites seem different on each game and was wondering how you specifically did it for warframe if you don't mind.

Same problem as the main post.

gpu gtx 550 TI (Latest Driver)

cpu FX-6300, 3817MHz(19x201)
12GB DDR3-1333 SDRAM
Windows 8 64bits

Don't know what to do to fix this, everything start to happen after the latest patch. Before was just fine at all at max.

Here what i've already tryied:

Every graphic options on low
Turning every graphics i could off.
Taking back the gpu driver from the last one.
More fan speed.
More voltage for gpu.

MTR from launcher disabled.
DX10 from launcher disable.
DX10 & DX11 and MTR disable.

Edited by 314ss

This problem has been happening to me too. I've tried everything, including fresh reinstalls, disabling graphics options, changing drivers etc. Doesn't need any specific scenarios to crash; it just does randomly.

Broken game please hotfix.

• 2 months later...

How exactly do you do that? I tried googling it but a lot of the sites seem different on each game and was wondering how you specifically did it for warframe if you don't mind.

On the launcher, click the gear icon directly to the left of the minimize button.

I am having the exact same issue and it started about two weeks ago.  Game freezes for about 10 seconds with every menu, station, and game loading.  CPU usage drops to 0% for about 5-8 seconds.   

Also get kicked about 50% of the time I try to join a game because the freezing jacks up joining the game.

The game worked great one day,  then the next this started.

I have tried reinstalling the game on two different hard drives several times,  optimizing, defragging, changing every possible combo of DX ver, 64 bit, rolling back my vid drivers, and more.   I cannot figure what is causing this if it is on my end.

No other game is having any issues like this on my PC.

Running it on a i7 4770k

GTX 970

16gb ram

500 GB V-Raptor

Edited by RectusMaximus

I'm having the same problem. Every time i join a mission or even solo it i get this Lag where the game freezes for couple of seconds then gets back normal for like 20 secs and then frozes again and so on and on until the mission is done! I never get this kind of lag when i' am in my ship nor in loading screen! And my computer is fine because it used to be working smoothly without any lag untill they made these graphic tweaks and improvements.

I realy hope that they fix this, i coulden't do anything because of it, i can't farm for anything, i can't even solo a lvl 1 exterminate mission for god's sake.

I did everything i can, i searched for all available solutions, Such as unchecking Directx 10/11 , Reducing the graphics to maximum low and the lowest resolution. I even tried to play in windowed mode. Still the same thing.

• 2 months later...

I have been having the same issue and missed out on a reactor alert a few days ago during there livestream and i'm really ticked off. I have tried lowering graphics and some of the other things people have said they did and it still doesn't work. PLEASE HELP WARFRAME DEVELOPERS!!!

Hey the guy, and or girl that said to turn off directx 10 and 11 is right i turned it off and the game is completely fixed i also optimized my download files it's in the same option area you turn off directx 10 and 11. I hope this helps! :D