Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Viable Banshee Actually Is?

Sikab

Hello.

I'm thinking about grabbing Banshee, and seeing she has a good Utility Potential, and i kinda like her looks...

I thought i might ask those who already have her :)

How good Banshee is considered in the End Game? You know those Wave 35+ Defense Missions, Doing Bosses...

What mods are worth for her.

Answers are appreciated

Cheers.

<p>I supercharged her, rank her up to 30, and put her back at home.</p>

Edit: Changes can be made to Banshee skill:

Sonic Boom: increase the range by 50%;

Sonar: Reveals enemy weak point+ stimulate the weak point for minor DoT damage and slows enemy speed;

Silence:? I don't know why this skill is even here

Sound Quake: Completely change to something else(too many AoE Ulti already), something like high frequency sound that disintegrate enemies in a straight line. 

Edit 2: I see you have upgraded your founder, shouldn't have(just my opinion).

Edited by JudgeN

Hello.

I'm thinking about grabbing Banshee, and seeing she has a good Utility Potential, and i kinda like her looks...

How good Banshee is considered in the End Game? You know those Wave 35+ Defense Missions, Doing Bosses...

Answers are appreciated

Cheers.

You'd be relying a lot on SoundQuake. It is worth of note that SoundQuake is ineffective against highly-armoured targets (end-game Grineer, Ancients).

As such, you would want Flow, Reach, Focus (not certain if Continuity affects it) and possibly Streamline.

As for the rest of the frame, my personal opinion of it is negative.

Banshee has a very good high damage ultra-high range ult which can hit enemies 30 meters around you and is capable of killing corpus and lower infested, grineer on lower levels. She ist very fast and has moderate shield and health, i pretty much like her, i used a maxed rush, maxed focus, flow lvl 8, range lvl 8 and redirection on her, never lost a def. She is not the best boss killer, though because she has offensive and support abilities, but bad def.

No one is mentioning Sonar.  If you have a regular group, they will love you for this skill.  It will highlight a point on enemies that you can shoot for 400% dmg.  This is a boss killer.  She is no tank or DPS dealer by any means, she is a very solid support frame that relies on team work.  I have a lvl 30 and if I did not tank for my Clan, I would be running her for the DPS boosts. 

Sound Quake has the highest Range of all Ae abilities and is capable of killing lower infested and Corpus up to lvl 45. Best for endless defense vs. infested.

Sonar is one of the best "Boss-killer" skills buffing the damage of the whole team by a huge amount when utilized correctly, making short work of any High-HP enemy.

Sonic Boom is a decent CC capable of knocking down multiple enemys.

Silence is crap.

Most power mods only work on 1-2 skills (like duration) making her setup difficut and mostly dependand on playstyle but overall Banshee is a good caster Warframe and i personally prefer her over Mag or Frost when it comes down to killing alot with the push of one button.

Yes her Sound Quake is incredibly effective against corpus as someone else mentioned, especially in Pluto. Her Sonar will save you bullets against bosses and once you have a lot of energy sonic boom is pretty hilarious to use. I spam it against the heavy grineers to give them a taste of their own medicine, or you can use it to push people off ledges which is also fun. Or just spam a crowd against a corner and do it like 10 times, it will kill them.... might take a while but they look so silly dying. 

Silence will probably be useful once they fix up stealth but as of now due to me constantly partying up with friends I have put it away.

Silence is really crap  ability  unless you are soloing,sonic boom is must have coz it can knockdown any thing approaching to u or to help your party  memmber when they are constantly pinned down by ancient or moa`s ulti is ok,i love playing with her she is ok in my book.

Banshee is my new primary/favorite Warframe, very good all-rounder IMHO. You'll need weapons that are good at medium-long range, though.

Sonic Boom is good crowd-control, and casting it after casting Sonar would give you some time to inflict a lot of damage to enemies.

Silence is good if you have a whole team intent on playing stealthy. Cast Silence, everyone storms into the room and kill everything, move on.

Sound Quake is good stuff but not so that it's the ONLY viable skill to use. Although people have said that it's reduced by enemy armour value. Looks like it stuns some bosses, though so it's useful that way, too.

You'd be relying a lot on SoundQuake. It is worth of note that SoundQuake is ineffective against highly-armoured targets (end-game Grineer, Ancients).

As such, you would want Flow, Reach, Focus (not certain if Continuity affects it) and possibly Streamline.

Continuity does not affect Sound Quake.  I've tried it on level 30-ish grineer with and without a rank 4 Continuity mod, and it did 4 ticks of damage in both cases.  Which sucks, because Continuity matches the polarity slots.

Hello.

Answers are appreciated

Cheers.

Endgame, 35+ Defense missions? Well our clan regularly does +30 Defenses at either Xini or Outer terminus and we try to always have a Banshee in our squad. She clears out the mobs nicely with Sound Quake. Sonar is VERY useful when dealing swiftly with high level ancients. Silence IS quite useless for defenses but Sonic Boom is invaluable as it can push enemies out of the Globe, or just away from the artifact. Helps especially if said enemy is a level 100 Toxic Ancient. If he gets near the artifact, that's pretty much game over. Overall she is a great frame with loads of utility, very good for defenses.