Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Physx On Windows 8.1?

theMatherson

Question

So it's been slightly bothering me for quite awhile that PhysX stopped working for me ages ago, possibly even a year. I first noticed it when the setting in display option was grayed out, later I discovered it became a 64 bit only. Switching to 64 bit made the option available but with it enabled, PhysX was still not functioning.

Effects I used to remember were simply non-existent, I'm pretty sure melee channeling produced some, obviously a ton of abilities produced some, capturing targets produced some but none of them are there with the option enabled for me.

I said "Warframe's PhysX" in the title because PhysX works fine in every other game I know that uses it. Even reinstalled Borderlands 2 to see if it still worked on that and it did. I've done a ton googling to find a solution, to see if it was anything on my end but nothing worked.

Then I got to thinking, last year I upgraded to Windows 8.1, and I can't say for certain that PhysX was working after the upgrade. I know DE still uses Windows 7 (evident from streams and such), so could this just be something they simply haven't noticed? Could be wrong, though. If you have Windows 8.1 and Warframe's PhysX works then please tell me.

1 answer to this question