The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platinum For An Unlimited Cipher?

Oz270

I was browsing the market and noticed the Cipher for sale, pretty cheap too but wouldn't it be better to have another version for plat, a skeleton key that you can use unlimited times on the panels ?

Since so far even at 250 creds, I don't think many people really bothers with this item.

They said in a live stream that they will be adding different puzzles to the hacks. Let's see what it will be and how difficult :)

Maybe then people will go buy ciphers xD.

Usually when I buy, i get around 100 at a time... they last for a while :)

Panels are pretty annoying right now, specially for lock downs and getting the data mass etc...

Deciphering tends to break the flow of the game, and besides when you play, you can see players reluctant to lift the lock down since everybody is having so much fun and don't want to break out of the action.

They said in a live stream that they will be adding different puzzles to the hacks. Let's see what it will be and how difficult :)

Good news on deciphering then~
Guess we'll be waiting and seeing again.

Edited by Oz270

how do i buy more at once? clicking buy 100 times would drive me crazy

If you need ciphers.... That's sad. If its lockdown, it's usually not hard to clear the room, then easily do the cipher. If its for a data thing, clear every1 first, then hack

400 ciphers hacked, 0 failed, 1 cipher used, and because the gam e lagged and I misclicked

Panels are pretty annoying right now, specially for lock downs and getting the data mass etc...

Deciphering tends to break the flow of the game, and besides when you play, you can see players reluctant to lift the lock down since everybody is having so much fun and don't want to break out of the action.

Good news on deciphering then~

Guess we'll be waiting and seeing again.

There is another reason not to break the lockdown. Simply put, you'll stop the insane respawn for a while and you'll have a breather for your shields. Often times i wait around a room for an enemy to lock it down so i can FINALLY clear the room until i open the room again and they come at me non-stop again... Hell, it's kind of funny, but lockdown is your friend XD

If you need ciphers.... That's sad. If its lockdown, it's usually not hard to clear the room, then easily do the cipher. If its for a data thing, clear every1 first, then hack

400 ciphers hacked, 0 failed, 1 cipher used, and because the gam e lagged and I misclicked

That's not the point, after you logged round 100 hours game time, you get really sick of unlocking a lock down or unlocking a data station for the data mass, it really gets old after the 700th time around.

There is another reason not to break the lockdown. Simply put, you'll stop the insane respawn for a while and you'll have a breather for your shields. Often times i wait around a room for an enemy to lock it down so i can FINALLY clear the room until i open the room again and they come at me non-stop again... Hell, it's kind of funny, but lockdown is your friend XD

True and that is an awesome feature in the game!

Edited by Oz270

I was going to go with, "I already have an unlimited cipher.  I do the puzzle."  But that would be foolish.

The current puzzles don't need ciphers except for people that are too impatient.  I don't like encouraging impatience so I would be against any version of the cipher.  The current one should probably be thrown away also.

If they puzzles truly were difficult and could stop people from finishing missions, then maybe I would be okay with ciphers, but they have a good concept in mind and will not force people to do puzzles too much.  They are never hard enough that you can't finish them.  Just make sure to look at it and know what needs to move before you start.  You can easily use at least 3 or 4 seconds just making sure you know what needs to turn before you start turning and speed up your timer.

When new puzzles come in, or more complicated puzzles come in, I hope they decide that each would need it's own cipher to work so that people can't just grab a single type of cipher for every puzzle.

I was going to go with, "I already have an unlimited cipher.  I do the puzzle."  But that would be foolish.

The current puzzles don't need ciphers except for people that are too impatient.  I don't like encouraging impatience so I would be against any version of the cipher.  The current one should probably be thrown away also.

If they puzzles truly were difficult and could stop people from finishing missions, then maybe I would be okay with ciphers, but they have a good concept in mind and will not force people to do puzzles too much.  They are never hard enough that you can't finish them.  Just make sure to look at it and know what needs to move before you start.  You can easily use at least 3 or 4 seconds just making sure you know what needs to turn before you start turning and speed up your timer.

When new puzzles come in, or more complicated puzzles come in, I hope they decide that each would need it's own cipher to work so that people can't just grab a single type of cipher for every puzzle.

I do agree with you with the patience part, though playing a game after a long day of work i just want to wind down,

and I also agree on what you said about the current difficulties in regard to the cipher, and therein lies the problem for me, so far it's too easy and only breaks the flow of the game when i'm having fun.

​I do like the idea of the cipher, and believe it or not the first time i had to touch a panel I was really impressed with the finer details of the game.

Now, not so much since it just serves as a distraction like a mosquito you can't really swat all night. 

Only reason I have a Paris just to break the window kill the people inside and take a breather sometimes the doors just bug out

but,

I would like an unlimited cipher just to fix the window I usually accidentally break instead of getting the hostage or my sentinel killed by the broken airlock also,

instead of having to do the tedious job of deciphering while my team mates killing everything then looking towards the panel then at me

I use ciphers just to get through airlocks at the moment about at least 1 window breaks in every corpus ship run

This would be nice for pad players since it's annoying to have to pick up my mouse every time I need to do a hack. Instead of instantly completing, it could take a few seconds instead so it isn't just infinite instant hacks. Or they could add controller support to hacking, but that probably isn't as easy.