Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum Thread Lengths

PickleMonster21

I've been surfing through the Forums for a solid two months now, and more so since I've been on holiday (unfortunately left before the current event started and wont get back till a few hours after it finishes ;-;), and I can't help but notice the difference in the lengths of some threads. So I've started THIS thread to ask the community, do you prefer shorter threads or longer threads?

Oh, and why do you prefer your threads this way?

Personality, I like them longer (on more serious topics) [and shorter on serious questions to the community] AS LONG AS they don't start sounding like broken records.

-Thread is just for small talk, pretty much. For those wishing to come to a more chill thread (because lets face it. Some topics get really heated out there)-

I like it when threads (their OPs) are long, but contain spoilers labeled with what they are about - it's easier to read about things that interest you, as opposed to scrolling through walls of text in search of the promised cake.

As for the lenght of the threads themselves, if it's possible, it's good for the OP to update the first post with significant "milestones". Again, makes it much easier to read and not as eye-raping.

I'm a sour fellow, and many things make me unnecessarily angry

Personally I prefer threads that have content to back their length, rather than simple ramblings "OMG this sucks because itsucks plz fix DE". Short but concise threads though, can be immensely useful in getting across simple points of information that wouldn't be as useful if they were long

Here's where i veer off course

Clickbait threads are also on my naughty list, If the OP cannot come up with a suitable title, he / she shouldn't try to lead us on with threads like "what would happen if..." or "Would it be better if...", because that makes me assume that he /she doesn't even care enough take the time to decide on an  informative / appropriate title, and simply wants views and attention

Aside from that, I also feel uncomfortable when in Players helping Players, people post just to tell the OP to "check wiki" or "watch mogamu's video" and nothign else, DAMMIT people post there expecting opinions and input, if anyone wanted to watch a video / check wiki, they wuld have done so already, there needs to be substance to back that up, i.e. ("hey OP, i personally prefer  using build x vs build y, here's why, and also, here's a handy link")

Sorry for being the mr grouchoupus, but i felt I had to say this :/

Edited by Somedude1000

I'm a sour fellow, and many things make me unnecessarily angry

Personally I prefer threads that have content to back their length, rather than simple ramblings "OMG this sucks because itsucks plz fix DE". Short but concise threads though, can be immensely useful in getting across simple points of information that wouldn't be as useful if they were long

Here's where i veer off course

Clickbait threads are also on my naughty list, If the OP cannot come up with a suitable title, he / she shouldn't try to lead us on with threads like "what would happen if..." or "Would it be better if...", because that makes me assume that he /she doesn't even care enough take the time to decide on an  informative / appropriate title, and simply wants views and attention

Aside from that, I also feel uncomfortable when in Players helping Players, people post just to tell the OP to "check wiki" or "watch mogamu's video" and nothign else, DAMMIT people post there expecting opinions and input, if anyone wanted to watch a video / check wiki, they wuld have done so already, there needs to be substance to back that up, i.e. ("hey OP, i personally prefer  using build x vs build y, here's why, and also, here's a handy link")

Sorry for being the mr grouchoupus, but i felt I had to say this :/

Haha its all good dude. Let it out. This thread is here to discuss other threads like that.

I like the comments so far. I feel I can agree with them all so far :)