The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember The Old Days?

ReiganCross

Before Mod System 2.0: Remember those days where you could just pick a weapon on your weapon rack and go kill your stuff?... You just changed frames and weapons on the fly according to your whim and you could just enter a fight full powered? Now you have to:

- Enter the customization screen of a single weapon

- Switch to the last mod page

- Drop each mod one by one

- Accept the change

- Select your new weapon

- Search your 20+ mod pages for the mods for that gun

- Finding the mod with the levels on it so you don't put a low level mod into the new gun

- Accept the change again

And you better do all those 8 steps in under a minute because chances are your teammates have already picked another stage and if you don't, chances are you'll get screwed up with a non-modded gun that obviously suck (Especially at higher levels, where you NEED to change weapons between enemies the most.)

I miss the old days of just selecting a weapon and be ready to bust a cap. Selecting a Frame and just play with it, no problem. Even if you took too long to select your frame, at least your old frame is still good and you don't mind playing with it also because it's still kicking &#!.

I miss those days...

Also, let's list all you need to do to change Sentinels, shall we?

- Select the sentinel customization tab

- Enter the customization of the sentinel

- Switch to the last sentinel mod page

- Pull out every mod one by one

- Accept the change

- Enter the sentinel weapon customization

- Switch to the last page of mods

- Pull the weapon mods out one by one

- Accept the change

- Select new Sentinel

- Search for your mods

- Find the mod with the levels on it

- Put them in your new Sentinel

- Accept the change

- Enter the customization of sentinel weapon

- Find the mods

- Find the one WITHOUT levels to put on your sentinel (Because the ones with levels are for your Warframe, not your Sentinel)

- Accept the Change

18 Steps! Yes, 18 Steps for you to change between Sentinels... Damn, glad most people just stick with one Sentinel or at most switch between sentinel once or twice. Because this is all sick!

And sure you could argument the obvious solution to this all... Mod all of your weapons. And for that i say... ARE YOU FRIGGING INSANE?!

Not only do leveling mods takes WAY too much money, they don't level in a viable way unless we level the mod with it's duplicate, so you'll almost never have 2 different mods with levels, you'll just have your mod with the levels and all the fodder to level the first mod with it. And that's just the first mod, you want me to make ths about 6~8 times?! NO! THIS IS INSANE! AND STUPID! You can't honestly expect me to optimally mod ALL of my weapon with those restrictions! I barely have enough money to level up the mods i already have which leaves me with a 50+ pages of mods!! So yeah, we'll all have this stupid restriction and the only solution i'm seeing to it is ungodly insane!

Edited by ReiganCross

I actively work on new mods for all of my guns so that I don't have to constantly switch mods onto guns.

Gives me a set of in-game goals. My Braton Vandal, Strun, Viper and Lato Vandal are already modded up the way I want them to be, and I don't need to take mods off them unless I want to play with some new builds.

Right now I'm leveling up the permanent Serrations and damage mods for my Grakata and Lex.

Not enough money to fuse all of the mods i have. Selling them is mostly useless, might as well throw them out since they sell for nothing.

It's extremely easy to get credits now. You are complaining about how the old mod system is better, and how it costs a lot to fuse mods. You got paid 500 credits before per mission, now you can get paid up to like 5k per mission. Speed running missions now gets loads of credits. I've gotten 200k in the past 3 days.

Not enough money to fuse all of the mods i have. Selling them is mostly useless, might as well throw them out since they sell for nothing.

There is a 8900 cr alert going on right now.

Gogogogogo!

It's extremely easy to get credits now. You are complaining about how the old mod system is better, and how it costs a lot to fuse mods. You got paid 500 credits before per mission, now you can get paid up to like 5k per mission. Speed running missions now gets loads of credits. I've gotten 200k in the past 3 days.

200k will get you maybe ONE fully upgraded mod along with a Sentinel Blueprint, so yeah, if it took you 3 days to gather this ammount of money, it's still pretty bad. And no, the old mod system sucks balls, i'm just saying that the mere idea that i have to mod my 20+ weapons and my 12 Warframes is ludicrous! (Not to mention my 2 Sentinels and their weapons too!)

Edited by ReiganCross

Yeah, the current arsenal UI could be a lot more streamlined. Possible steps:
-Floating mods between all weapons

-Remove all mods button

-Mod sorting options while modding (and not fusing)

-Searching for mods by name in mods list

-Exact duplicate mods stack (have an indicator on the corner of the card. x2 if there are two etc.) while modding weapons

Yeah, the current arsenal UI could be a lot more streamlined. Possible steps:

-Floating mods between all weapons

-Remove all mods button

-Mod sorting options while modding (and not fusing)

-Searching for mods by name in mods list

-Exact duplicate mods stack (have an indicator on the corner of the card. x2 if there are two etc.) while modding weapons

Fortunately they are working on it. Right now you can actually level up the mods that you have equip, you don't have to swap them out of your gun to level them up which is an upgrade. But i don't see the option to have a single mod slotted in all the weapons.

Frame and Weapon Loadouts are coming people, give them some more time.

Wait... They are? Did they said something about that? Because i do believe it's possible they're working on it and that's basically all i'm asking for. I just want to know from them. They're working on this?

Wait... They are? Did they said something about that? Because i do believe it's possible they're working on it and that's basically all i'm asking for. I just want to know from them. They're working on this?

They mentioned it afaik in one of the streams when discussing UI.

You just need to remember that they will probably make the loadout somehow specific to weapons. The game runs on farming and just farming all the mods once, maxing them and never using any duplicates would defeat the purpose and make the longevity shorter.

But some sort of loadout system is indeed coming.

They mentioned it afaik in one of the streams when discussing UI.

You just need to remember that they will probably make the loadout somehow specific to weapons. The game runs on farming and just farming all the mods once, maxing them and never using any duplicates would defeat the purpose and make the longevity shorter.

But some sort of loadout system is indeed coming.

Why would you make a loadout system and leave Warframes out of it?... Also, if farming is really the final focus of the game to give it longevity, you might as well make yourself a Korean Grinder and call it a day. They god a GREAT idea coming to give this game loingevity which is the "extra leveling" after you complete the leveling of your weapon which is WAY better then just frustrantingly farming the RNG until you get what you wish for. So yeah, my hopes is that i'll be able to just change weapons in about 2 or 3 steps.

Why would you make a loadout system and leave Warframes out of it?... Also, if farming is really the final focus of the game to give it longevity, you might as well make yourself a Korean Grinder and call it a day. They god a GREAT idea coming to give this game loingevity which is the "extra leveling" after you complete the leveling of your weapon which is WAY better then just frustrantingly farming the RNG until you get what you wish for. So yeah, my hopes is that i'll be able to just change weapons in about 2 or 3 steps.

What i meant is that the loadout will be limited to one "item" not necessary weapon, can be warframe.

There will be a restriction on it.

I don't think they will go with a pooled mod loadout, or loadout slots will cost money to obtain with 2 being free.

The rest is just kind of whining about how you dont like RNG.

What i meant is that the loadout will be limited to one "item" not necessary weapon, can be warframe.

There will be a restriction on it.

I don't think they will go with a pooled mod loadout, or loadout slots will cost money to obtain with 2 being free.

The rest is just kind of whining about how you dont like RNG.

Nobody likes RNG.

And they're not sure of how it will work yet, but what you're saying is that they'll make the non-8steps change into a luxury? Like, "if you don't pay us you'll get stuck with this crappy way of changing weapons"? Not that i mind, i'm a Master and have more then enough Plat to buy everything i want and more, but really, they'll make a fix to one annoying UI into a luxury item?

Actually... That's a great idea! o.o... It's an excelent way to monetize your game beyond power. It's really a luxury i'd like to see made. Kudos, DE, if that is indeed your plan.

Edited by ReiganCross

Nobody likes RNG.

And they're not sure of how it will work yet, but what you're saying is that they'll make the non-8steps change into a luxury? Like, "if you don't pay us you'll get stuck with this crappy way of changing weapons"? Not that i mind, i'm a Master and have more then enough Plat to buy everything i want and more, but really, they'll make a fix to one annoying UI into a luxury item?

I like rng, but thanks for speaking for everyone anyways.

And yes, thats exactly what im saying, Planetside 2 does that aswell.

You get 2 Loadout slots free, a third and fourth one at Rank 15/30 or sth, and then you need to pay for the last 2 if you want more.

WF will probably do the same thing, get 2 at start, get 2 through Mastery Ranks, buy more if you want.

Entirely fair imho.

Edited by Mietz

I like rng, but thanks for speaking for everyone anyways.

And yes, thats exactly what im saying, Planetside 2 does that aswell.

You get 2 Loadout slots free, a third and fourth one at Rank 15/30 or sth, and then you need to pay for the last 2 if you want more.

I edited my post shortly before you respond, yes, this is a great idea. It's one of the best ways to monetize your game, albeit limited (Once you have all your loadout slots, you pretty much stop buying stuff, but that will always happen in this kind of game.)

Also, how CAN you like RNG? It makes you do the same thing again and again so it can drop-feed you something you want. RNG is the Skinner Box personified and it's all about extrinsic rewards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._F._Skinner See for yourself.

IMO you should be able to just right click to equip/unequip (or even just unequip) your mods.

It does get a little tedious drag and dropping all your mods every time.

I do like collecting these mods though, my goal is to have every mod at every level :3  (until they make it so you can just control the level of capped mods or something)

In other news how about combining fusion cores?

In other news how about combining fusion cores?

Fusion cores costs an arm and a leg to fuse and ultimately serves to ocupy space in your inventory. You get the same result from fusing duplicate with only a fraction of the fusing cost, so why would you use the higher cost?

Edited by ReiganCross

I edited my post shortly before you respond, yes, this is a great idea. It's one of the best ways to monetize your game, albeit limited (Once you have all your loadout slots, you pretty much stop buying stuff, but that will always happen in this kind of game.)

Also, how CAN you like RNG? It makes you do the same thing again and again so it can drop-feed you something you want. RNG is the Skinner Box personified and it's all about extrinsic rewards. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._F._Skinner See for yourself.

I know about skinner, I'm a game designer, I still like RNG mechanics, if used right.

WF does them mostly right, the only time they do it wrong is with mod drops and BPs, but not because the RNG system is bad but because the game still lacks some content.

I love games like Diablo1/2, Borderlands and generally games with randomized loot.

PS: RNG doesnt make you do the same thing again and again, thats S#&$ty game design. You can still have an RNG, random loot drops and keep a flow that is entirely unique and appropriately entertaining -beyond- the farm.

The point why I like the farm in games like WF or Monster Hunter is that they give you reasonably varied gameplay, especially in WF once you get a second or third frame and more weapons to play with.

Edited by Mietz

Unquip button +1 (for all the mods in an item)

Button to show only duplicates and already equipt stuff would be nice too.

Fusion cores take up space yes but the categories help out alot in that.

That it does... Also, me not seeing about 2 or 3 pages of "Pistol Gambit" would be very nice indeed. Maybe they can only show the highest level mod in the customization screen? (After all, why am i looking at 2 identical mods if i can't set them both?)

Edited by ReiganCross

IMO you should be able to just right click to equip/unequip (or even just unequip) your mods.

I'd like to be able to drag mods off the "equipped" grid into "space" and have them automatically put back into your "unequipped" pool.

I know about skinner, I'm a game designer, I still like RNG mechanics, if used right.

WF does them mostly right, the only time they do it wrong is with mod drops and BPs, but not because the RNG system is bad but because the game still lacks some content.

I love games like Diablo1/2, Borderlands and generally games with randomized loot.

PS: RNG doesnt make you do the same thing again and again, thats S#&$ty game design. You can still have an RNG, random loot drops and keep a flow that is entirely unique and appropriately entertaining -beyond- the farm.

The point why I like the farm in games like WF or Monster Hunter is that they give you reasonably varied gameplay, especially in WF once you get a second or third frame and more weapons to play with.

Yeah, i would argue that Monster Hunter is one of the best uses of RNG ever made in history. (And if you're a game designer then you should know why i bring Skinner Box along with RNG)

But let's be honest, you don't play Monster Hunter because of the RNG, it is well done and all but it's pretty held back. And yes, Warframe does it right and will make it even better with the added depth it shall have once completed. (As i do expect it to be at least as deep as Monster Hunter.) Also, Monster Hunter have the advantage of having a decent pacing to the game instead of being full-out "let's kill the monster!" Yes, the main idea is to kill the big badass monster, but there are pauses for farming, to search the guy, to craft, sub-missions to gather diferent materials such as bugs and minerals so you can get ready to face the badass monster. In fact, i'd say about 40% of game time in Monster Hunter you're NOT hunting a monster. As for Warframe you get nearly 90% of SHOOTING EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!! How can something such as this rely on RNG? If you don't have the depth Monster Hunter have, full time the game will be "pull the lever and food will drop until you can't eat anymore."