Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gunsword

DAwGi

that worked because a diet of rice washes out calcium from your bones, hence the brittleness.

Do you have any proof of rice "washing" calcium from bones? It just seems to me you have something against asians in general.

Do you have any proof of rice "washing" calcium from bones? It just seems to me you have something against asians in general.

Actually, many foods cause that washing if obused (and subsequent osteoporosis if you didn't have one), asians just had tough luck with their primary source of food and general lack of meat in availability to lower social layers. Monodiets never do anything good anyway, and steady diet of rice with nothin but rice will cripple you, as it did all those revolting peasants. Did you know that in some asian countries feeding a peasant with meat was actually a way of torturing him because his food tract couldn't handle fats any more?

Edited by GTG3000

That can be applied to all manner of lower class peasants not just Asia. Since bread is like the equivalent of rice on western parts of the world. But yea this was just a misunderstanding, you should have pointed lack of food nutrition then instead of rice washing out calcium 'cause that sounds misleading lol ^_^

That can be applied to all manner of lower class peasants not just Asia. Since bread is like the equivalent of rice on western parts of the world. But yea this was just a misunderstanding, you should have pointed lack of food nutrition then instead of rice washing out calcium 'cause that sounds misleading lol ^_^

Yeah, sorry for that. I've just red it that way (and ddn't do much research back then). Anyway, the point is - slicing people in half only works if said people have weak bones.)

It's not racist if it's true.

lol that's funny so for you rice literally removes calcium from the body. Better read up on food nutrition before claiming otherwise, also this is not about racism. From previous post just above you it's stated about cutting people in half with a katana and food nutriton on the people sliced in half.

Right... so I may have derailed the topic a bit last night...

Can we try to get back to it?

Anyhow, gunblades as displayed by Squaresoft Enix aren't exactly practical weapons in any sense.

Using what is probably the best-known gunblade by them; Squall Leonheart's Revolver.

For one, the blade is far too wide, making the weapon too heavy to swing practically, let alone using the gun component. With real life sword pistols (linked in posts above), the components were never (to my knowledge) used in conjunction, and were instead used as a means of providing two types of weapons in a single package. As John Clements wrote in an article, the 69 longswords/zweihänder from the Austrian arsenal of Graz  (most of which date back to the 16th century) vary between 1.44m and 1.99m with a weight varying between 1.52kg and 5.92kg, with the average being at 1.70m and 3.5kg. Squall's Revolver gunblade, while obviously shorter at about 1m length, would end up being far heavier than any of those swords.

Second, the place where the revolving magazine part goes over into the actual blade component looks like a point that would receive quite a bit of stress when using the weapon as a sword, potentially causing metal fatigue/mechanical failure. A point that would be amplified by the supposed weapon's heavy weight.

Then there's the angle of the blade compared to that of the hilt. But I don't think I know enough to estimate how much effect that would have.

It's not racist if it's true.

Or in other words: its not racist if it can also happen to whites, latinos and negros.

And let's not mention supersonic munitions, that just turn bodies into bloody much upon impact.

Subsonic munitions can also be pretty deadly.

I remember reading somewhere that a VSS Vintorez's shot can penetrate a standard infantry helmet at a range of up to 350-ish metres.

So if a helmet offers no protection, I'd say that I wouldn't want to get hit by one regardless of where.

Yeah they'd have to slim the blade down quite a bit.  Using a pistol grip would probably make it difficult to swing, along with pulling the trigger, you'd have to have a funky grip and lose some of your swing power.  They'd have to re-work the hilt and maybe move/rework the trigger to make it more practical.  But there's the potential that the weapon could lose most of its weight just from new materials that currently don't exist.

Right... so I may have derailed the topic a bit last night...

Can we try to get back to it?

Anyhow, gunblades as displayed by Squaresoft Enix aren't exactly practical weapons in any sense.

Using what is probably the best-known gunblade by them; Squall Leonheart's Revolver.

For one, the blade is far too wide, making the weapon too heavy to swing practically, let alone using the gun component. With real life sword pistols (linked in posts above), the components were never (to my knowledge) used in conjunction, and were instead used as a means of providing two types of weapons in a single package. As John Clements wrote in an article, the 69 longswords/zweihänder from the Austrian arsenal of Graz  (most of which date back to the 16th century) vary between 1.44m and 1.99m with a weight varying between 1.52kg and 5.92kg, with the average being at 1.70m and 3.5kg. Squall's Revolver gunblade, while obviously shorter at about 1m length, would end up being far heavier than any of those swords.

Second, the place where the revolving magazine part goes over into the actual blade component looks like a point that would receive quite a bit of stress when using the weapon as a sword, potentially causing metal fatigue/mechanical failure. A point that would be amplified by the supposed weapon's heavy weight.

Then there's the angle of the blade compared to that of the hilt. But I don't think I know enough to estimate how much effect that would have.

Or in other words: its not racist if it can also happen to whites, latinos and negros.

Subsonic munitions can also be pretty deadly.

I remember reading somewhere that a VSS Vintorez's shot can penetrate a standard infantry helmet at a range of up to 350-ish metres.

So if a helmet offers no protection, I'd say that I wouldn't want to get hit by one regardless of where.

Well, I know that they're deadly, I think I've stated that in the post itself.

Baaaack on the subject of gunblades... Maybe it could be a halberd with inbuilt blunderbuss? Or some shockwave gun?

How about a Glaive with built-in blunderbuss? ;)

PS. a Glaive is a polearm, not a funky shuriken thingy.

TOO LATE. Make me unsee it!

Ahem. I'm just coming from that a halberd is basically a long axe, so we would just get a blunderbuss with a heavy bayonett on a long handle. That way, it's rather logical to have, since axe is primarily for crushing rather than fine-cutting, and having a heavy weapon ontop of it would only help. Bonus points for ammo-less ranged stutter....

A gunblade is nothing more than a gun with a bayonet. In the example he gave, it's an illogical knife pistol thing.

In the historical example, it adheres to the idea of a bayonet. However, you have to realize that there is a reason people don't actually use them. Or ever really did.

They're extremely impractical and the "stab and shoot" idea would simply jam your gun. With people jam. They were a fancy idea, and are now a Final Fantasy idea. FF is not known for logical weaponry.

All in all, BAYONETS could see some light in this game. Final Fantasy style "gunblades"? Dear lord I hope not.

This; all you do is combine many disadvantages of each weapon system together with very little upside. If you want one of those plasma gun/spear things from Stargate that's cool, but not this.