Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scindo Problem: Why Cant I Put Axe Skins On Scindo Prime?

(PSN)Grim_Dude

Was this a thing that was patched or not considered? I been farming endlessly for the Scindo Prime after getting the Manticore Skin, only to find it not an option.

Why can't you put axe skins on the weapon? I recall people being able to put the Proto-Suit on Excalibur Prime, and the Spearmint Scythe on Reaper Prime, why not the same deal for Scindo Prime?

If there is any reason why it's not a thing or if it's going to be in a future update, please let me know.

I think the issue is twofold

1) de is trying to get rid of all star linked cosmetics, or at least make them less desirable.

2) the model is different. This one is probably far more of an issue than the first. The model being different from the scindo to scindo prime may cause some funny business for the skin application.

For you other examples, the proto and spearmint skins, the proto armor, as I recall did some funny business with Excalibur prime, having bits of gold visible where the model for excal and excal prime's helmets differ, and the each of the 3 scythes (ether reaper, hate, and reaper prime) each ahhad their own unique skin that looked identical to the others, as I recall.

EDIT: my recollection about the scythe skins was correct. They each look the same, but I own 3 different spearmint scythe skins.

Edited by Entari0

I think the issue is twofold

1) de is trying to get rid of all star linked cosmetics, or at least make them less desirable.

2) the model is different. This one is probably far more of an issue than the first. The model being different from the scindo to scindo prime may cause some funny business for the skin application.

For you other examples, the proto and spearmint skins, the proto armor, as I recall did some funny business with Excalibur prime, having bits of gold visible where the model for excal and excal prime's helmets differ, and the each of the 3 scythes (ether reaper, hate, and reaper prime) each ahhad their own unique skin that looked identical to the others, as I recall.

EDIT: my recollection about the scythe skins was correct. They each look the same, but I own 3 different spearmint scythe skins.

Understandable, so why don't they just make a Manticore Conversion thing or make the Manticore it's own weapon?

When it was first released, both the Manticore and Dagger Axe skins were working perfectly with the Scindo Prime, except for the forest camo skin which destroyed the universe when equipped on it.

Some update decided that instead of just making the camo skin not work with it, no skin should.

I have no idea why.