Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With Steam Game Being Stuck In Download

MegpoidBeetle

So I recently just purchased Payday 2, and decided to leave it to download for the night. Once I wake up I find the game to have somehow stopped downloading at 6% and wouldn't budge anymore despite I continuously moved it to the top of the queue.

I deleted the local content and tried redownloading it, was going smoothly and reaching 22% before abruptly halting there and no data continues downloading. Checked every solution I can find, which includes only two that is changing the download server location and adding another game to the download list, which failed to work.

Am dying here from the constant rage I am getting. Tenno halp plz ;-;

Have you tried the PayDay forum, since y'know, it's not Warframe? They might have more insight.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1225

Also Steam:

https://support.steampowered.com/

Why didcha I think I posted this in Off-Topic? Besides I am more familiar with the Warframe community, thought I could give it a shot.

Why didcha I think I posted this in Off-Topic? Besides I am more familiar with the Warframe community, thought I could give it a shot.

Yeah, just figured they'd be more familiar with problems with their own games. And Steam is just...well, Steam. It does all kinds of weird crap. :)

If the download gets stuck though, it's probably network related...especially Steam server/network related.

Edited by CedarDpg

I noticed with my Payday 2 that the download will randomly just sink to a stupidly low speed, sometimes even not even downloading then shoot back up to normal speed after a while.

Only happens with Payday 2 though.

Edited by Utarious