The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Disruptor

Feldgrep

So I was playing xini, wave 10, and I get mobbed by 3 ancient disrupters. I think, no big deal, and start meleeing. Then in one hit, that takes half a second to wind up, and hits 80% of the time, the disrupter sucked up 275 energy, 750 shield, and stunned me. Is it supposed to completely destroy all of your defenses? No abilities, immediate health loss, and you are stunned. Nt exactly legit. Like the rollers...

Yupp!! A knock down, 0 energy and shields along with herds of mobs tryin to finish you off pretty much sums up the Disruptorrs. Shoot them in the head or there skimpy arm and leg (  which is their most vunerable areas ) to kill them. Other than tht, good luck facing these guys head to head...

your first mistake was trying to melee 3 disruptors.

every game has enemies you want to prioritize or handle in a specific way.one of them and you can go head to head pretty easy, even if he hits you once you will end up with no energy at worst. two and you might want to make sure you can juggle them between some charger attack staggers and some slow from ice. three and you better start shooting them guns of yours. at least to reduce their numbers some.

of course there are always skills. some will outright kill them while others will get them down low enough for the finish.

they arent that bad really, you just have to make sure you know they are there and handle them properly.

your first mistake was trying to melee 3 disruptors.

weirdly enough, they tend to disrupt you way more easly when you're not close, i rarely get disrupted on my rhino but when i play mag or ember i get distrupted even when someone else is in melee with it

In my opinion, Disruptors are way too overpowered. Energy draining? Okay, fine. Shield sapping? I can live. Total loss of everything (including control of the Frame) except health? What the F***. One shot from a Disruptor, and you are dead, a tank, or just really @(*()$ lucky. 

In my opinion, Disruptors are way too overpowered. Energy draining? Okay, fine. Shield sapping? I can live. Total loss of everything (including control of the Frame) except health? What the F***. One shot from a Disruptor, and you are dead, a tank, or just really @(*()$ lucky. 

they are NOT overpowered

you just have to learn how to deal with them

personally i would like them to be FASTER and have MOAR HP's but also only drain a percentage of energy/shields, say 50%

so everytime they would hit for 50% of yer shields plus an additional flat number amount (based on lvl whatevs)

this keeps them from being super-cheap one-shotters, but continues their threatening status (having them being faster and tougher), since they would not take ALL of yer power away in one swipe, so you might be able to use a quick power, but if you got hit multiple times you'd be drained pretty lower still (50% of 200 is 100, then 50% of 100 is 50, then 50% of 50 is 25, etc)

What is insidious about them is they look and act so close to runners that sometimes you let them get to close. They are designed to punish you for getting in range, and they do that quite well. I load up saryn for infested missions......cakewalk.

So I was playing xini, wave 10, and I get mobbed by 3 ancient disrupters. I think, no big deal, and start meleeing. Then in one hit, that takes half a second to wind up, and hits 80% of the time, the disrupter sucked up 275 energy, 750 shield, and stunned me. Is it supposed to completely destroy all of your defenses? No abilities, immediate health loss, and you are stunned. Nt exactly legit. Like the rollers...

They are around 9 feet tall and look like they could tear telephone directories in half without even sweating. Shoot the bastards instead !

My main problem with Ancient disrupters is that they'll spot me from 30 meters away, then I'll turn invisible and run away, and they'll still chase me down and smack me for all my energy even though I'm god damn @(*()$ invisible!

My main problem with Ancient disrupters is that they'll spot me from 30 meters away, then I'll turn invisible and run away, and they'll still chase me down and smack me for all my energy even though I'm god damn @(*()$ invisible!

sentinel?