The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Game Settings Reset Every Time I Start The Game + A Few Other Bugs

BowboyBeemboop

So yesterday, I noticed my game's settings (Mainly in Gameplay, Controls and HUD) keep resetting every time I load up the game. This happened after my laptop shut itself own (From over heating, I think). Also, every time I claim something from the Foundry or confirm my setting or even leave my Arsenal, the game would freeze for a while before continuing like normal. I tried re-installing the game (Both from Steam and from the website) but the problems still persist. Anything I can do to fix it or do I have to wait for an update?

Oh and I did a little test earlier and found out that it only happens on my profile. I logged into my sister's WF account and she didn't have the bugs I mentioned at all. No reset settings, no freezes, nothing. It only happens on my profile. It's starting to annoy me.

Edited by AranDanteSamus

Nope, I don't.

Although the freezing and settings reset occurred after my laptop overheated and shut itself down, you think it somehow messed up the temp files? If so, where can I find these and how can I fix them?

I wouldn't know that, sorry, just doing my best to troubleshoot. 

The temp files might be in the warframe file in your system 32, I don't have the game on my PC otherwise I would confirm.

If all else fails, you can always contact Support, but it may take a bit for them to answer.

Hey, Ive had this problem for a while. I posted a thread a few days ago.

The problem seems to come from the fact that settings (excludic keybidings) , gear and favourite colours are stored as a temp file. By default windows 8 machines will optimize once a week and after crashes.

To solve it, follow this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/improve-performance-optimizing-hard-drive

Its under "to change the optimisation scgedule" and you want it unchecked

Also thanks devoid for helping me find this

I forgot to mention (This is my bad), I'm running Windows 7, not 8. I don't think I have drive optimization.

Laptop's running:

Intel Core i5 M430 2.27GHz

4GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GT 330M

Also, the only settings that reset are from Controls (Not sure about key bindings since I never really touched them), Gameplay and HUD. My Graphics and Audio settings remain intact. Since the settings are temp files, I think I'll try and run CCleaner to see if that helps with anything.

-EDIT-

I've fixed the problem. I looked for the AppData folder and deleted the folders containing my profile's settings and everything's all good now. Even the freezes have been fixed. Thanks for the help, guys!

For those who may have similar problems, run %appdata%/local then navigate to 'Warframe' and delete the folders with a long string of characters (That's your profile folder). The game should make another one when you start up.

Edited by AranDanteSamus