Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional Objective Frequency Is Frustrating

Xeilua

It seems like ever since the recent Glaive patch, the frequency of "additional objectives" (when, after completing your original objective, Lotus gives you a second one to complete before extraction) has increased greatly, especially on CAPTURE missions. To the point where it's predictable and most of all, downright frustrating.

Here's an example from 20 minutes ago. I chose a CAPTURE mission to complete, captured the target, and then Lotus commanded me to collect 4 data terminals spread throughout the ship. So I did, and completed the mission. After this, I decided to run another CAPTURE mission - and the same thing happened: 4 data terminals. "Not again!" I aborted the mission to see if I could change the outcome - I was wrong - the game did it again. "Y U NO HACK TERMINALS LULZ" ...It seems that I can't complete a single mission without Lotus giving me a second objective to do (almost always she wants 4 damn data terminal hacks...what's on there, her naughty picture stash?!).

Joking aside, the main problem with these secondary objectives is that you're FORCED to complete them with NO extra reward (to my knowledge) for completing them. If I wanted to explore most of a ship and kill more baddies, I'd just do that!. I want to play capture and raid missions. NOT. SPY.

[ TL; DR ] So, I have a simple suggestion on how these can be reworked. (Notice that this doesn't include when your main objective CHANGES. Those are fine, in my opinion.) Make them optional, and grant a reward for completion. This will motivate players to complete these objectives without making them feel forced and tiresome.

Those additional objectives kind of feel like fluffy filler how they are now, just placed there to increase mission length. Yeah they need something more, I guess an additional reward would be okay - but still you just have to backtrack your way through a ship you've already cleared once, up and down the same elevators etc etc. I wouldn't mind it if it had a more random feel to it instead of the current predictability, and if it involved an objective that was different than anything else instead of the current same old tired objectives.

The additional objectives should make the player say "Oh YES! Finally I get this mission I've been waiting for :D" instead of "Aww man, not THIS again :(". Give the additional objectives a possibility for a RARE reward (just a chance not a guarantee) and we'll be looking forward to them instead of wanting to hang ourselves with our mouse cable.

You know what's fun? The mission being to capture four data terminals, and then Lotus tells you to capture four more. Because I really do love picking up data terminals.

Additional objectives are always annoying, but once it just completely went over the edge. I was playing an Alert mission where the host was obviously living on the moon. After trudging through 10 minutes of lagged out enemies and broken doors an almost-stuck elevators, we found the Raid objective. Then it gave us a 4 terminal mission. Well played Lotus, I ended up stuck with half of the files because the host's pathetic connection ended up glitching a door into lockdown. Have fun extracting, host *leaves game with 2 datas behind a broken door*

You know what's fun? The mission being to capture four data terminals, and then Lotus tells you to capture four more. Because I really do love picking up data terminals.

Yes, I get this one often. Or when taking data core to navigation. Usually when I'm by myself.

Pistol skill appreciates this, rifle skill does not...

The only mission reassignment I don't mind too terribly is when the mission becomes extermination.

just wait, you get a mission reassignment for extermination on a defense map, suddenly all the hopes of mods and xp are down the drain as you kill off a measly 78 grinner.