Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Would Convince Me To Buy The Maximum Founders Pack: (Tldr Included)

Luxangel7

Dear devs, 

I really enjoy this game you're all making, and thank you for all your hard work. As I've been toying with the idea of upgrading my founders package to the grandmaster level (for those of you who don't know it's 250$ total purchase) but continuously deciding against it, I thought I would share my thoughts with you on why I always decide on not purchasing 

Spending 250$ on any game is quite a lot of money, and I say that being blessed enough to be able to spend such a sum on one single game. While it is true that there are bonuses to upgrading , there is a 150$ difference just for the grand master pack. And that 150$ gets you a heap load of platinum yes, but the special in game incentive is basically...a flashier sticker for forums, you get your ingame name on a random level (not being able to choose which one and having lots of names on the same level is just...kinda weird and immersion breaking imo, no offense) and a pistol.

So here is what I believe the grand master pack should be updated to include (in addition to already included bonuses):

- Braton Prime  -  This could complete the "prime" set, as right now if someone were to buy the grandmaster pack, you wouldn't be able to have a full "prime" set, as you still have to select a primary that doesn't have the gold aesthetic or slightly improved stats.

- Dual Lato Prime  -  The pistol is very nice, but it feels like something is missing with just one, a certain "fun" factor especially when the normal lato has a dual version. (extra slot and/or potato at your discretion of course, but I believe they should be included)

- Dual Skana Prime  -  Same principle as above, again, potato and slot at your discretion, which I believe should be included.

- Braton and Lato Vandal  -  I know some people will disagree with me, even vehemently, because "exclusive" closed beta rewards are often held onto dearly for practical and boasting/cosmetic reasons.

However, I personally feel it is a bit much to ask a fan to pay 250$ to then still feel like they are not able to get the full warframe experience up to today, regardless of whatever other bonuses may be included. When I saw the braton vandal in action, with a sweet skin, and a different gun noise, and then saw it had improved ingame stats, it made me feel even more needlessly "left out" if I were to spend such a hefty sum on the game.

So in conclusion, please consider at least my first three "controversy free"  these additions, which would obviously require very little in terms of dev resources and would in my opinion make the grand master pack feel like a real ultimate pack. As I can only speak for myself, but ironically the platinum to me is secondary, as I prefer to play the game for everything I can earn, and I use it only on cosmetic stuff like sentinel additions or maybe an alt helmet.

To me the REAL incentive for founders pack is twofold:

1) Support you, the devs

2) Get some awesome in game gear not available in any other way.

If you're reading, thanks for your time, and for your hard work. :)

P.S. - C'mon, you can't say no to the dual lato prime, right? ;)

TLDR: Please add braton prime, dual lato prime, dual skana prime, and Braton and Lato Vandal to the grandmaster pack to make it feel like a TRUE ultimate founder pack, as platinum bonus to me is a bonus that's way down the list of priorities. Supporting the devs and ingame unique gear is at the top of the list. 

Edit: And I totally understand if this would mean a little less platinum, like I said, I don't really think anyone thinks they need 7.6k platinum, it might just be me, but I thought I'd mention that, I don't want to just come across like a "gimme moar free stuff" kind of thing.

Second Edit: I striked out the part of the request for vandal gear as I maybe naively didn't realize how much opposition there would be to that concept, and the idea is quite complete anyway with my first three additions anyway, and could possibly seem greedy by asking for vandal gear as well.

Edited by LuxAngel7

Seems like it would be nice, it's $250 after all. Is there even a use for that much platinum? 

Only if you use it on everything. I myself have a tonne of unused Platinum. I don't really see myself going through it quickly.

The game is much more enjoyable, if you work on unlocking things. At least that's how I feel about it.

It's best to become a Grand Master to support the developers. That much Platinum isn't really needed and the Solar Landmark doesn't really matter that much.

Edited by UltimaHiryuu

Dual Prime stuff why not. Don't care.

Vandal stuff? No. You know why.

Cheers.

Haha ok sorry if I struck a nerve ;)

Although I disagree about the vandal (I mean I didn't even know about this game when they did it), I am glad you and other people approve of the idea of the dual prime gear. 

I still think this is not enough....

Do I sound greedy? .. Maybe!!

But IMO if I was to go Grandmaster and show it off I would have to stay as the same warframe for the hole game.

That does not sound fun...

There should be EXCLUSIVE helm and skin for all and upcoming warframes

If they gave this to us on top of old mates idea about duel weapon skins, then I would go for it in a heart beat.

Developers.... Show us some incentive.

Because to be honest at the end of the day these packages help support your budget and we should be rewarded accordingly.

Thank you...

Edited by Original_Gamer

Dont you also get entry into the grandmaster forum? I think the dev's go there first for feedback. And Rebecca is just a second hand source for player feedback from these forums.

Nope.

They dont ask for feedback there.

We get some polls on whats next and such stuff. And we get the first impression/look whats it

But the devs only look on the normal forums for ideas/feedback since you cant even create a thread in the design council.

And Becca is doing the work for every forums here. Design Council and normal user forums, so shes not just a second hand source.....

Edited by Venarge

Nope.

They dont ask for feedback there.

We get some polls on whats next and such stuff. And we get the first impression/look whats it

But the devs only look on the normal forums for ideas/feedback since you cant even create a thread in the design council.

And Becca is doing the work for every forums here. Design Council and normal user forums, so shes not just a second hand source.....

Sorry if my statement came off as rude, but as you can see I don't have access to the design council forum so I really wouldn't know. It was just an assumption.

Sorry if my statement came off as rude, but as you can see I don't have access to the design council forum so I really wouldn't know. It was just an assumption.

no no ^^

I havent felt offended mate :D

Everythings fine

Dual Lato Prime - The Gold finish is nice so having two of them on either thigh would look even better plus dual wielding is naturally awesome.

Dual Skana Prime - Same as above but I think it is a bit of a waste to make a prime version of these.

Dual Glaive Prime - Far more impressive as a Founder melee weapon with a very distinctive style. Swords, Daggers, Hammers and Axes are all fairly common but the Glaive is pretty unique which is why lots of folks want to get it. Making a Prime version is going to make becoming a Founder rather tempting because you get a gold pair.

I already have collected a vast array of gear in the game and I can honestly say the Glaive is the most fun weapon I have tried.

As for a Prime Rifle ?

Paris Bow Prime - The bow is the most distinctive primary the game has right now and the gold would likely extend to the quiver / arrows as well leading to more gold bling.

The Vandals not so much, that is better left as the closed beta award (I didnt do it by the way), giving them to someone simply because they donated a bunch of cash kinda would put a damper on those having made the effort within the closed beta (even if we others didnt know about it).

Dual skana/primes instad of as well as the singles or instead of the singles?

Dual would be a nice draw card, though the downside is those currently with master cant realy have the platinum reduced (as they may have spent it all), so reducing the platinum realy isnt an option.

For the $250 it is a lage donation, so not overly worried if they got single and doubles (and the slots so its simpler).

Haps adding the lato prime too to the master pack could work if that is done since they also only get one weapon and about the same plat value over hunter.

Edited by Loswaith

Paris Bow Prime - The bow is the most distinctive primary the game has right now and the gold would likely extend to the quiver / arrows as well leading to more gold bling.

I'm not sure about distinctive. Within the game, it's unique, but the whole idea of bringing a bow where everyone else uses guns is starting to feel really cliched.

Dual Lato Prime - The Gold finish is nice so having two of them on either thigh would look even better plus dual wielding is naturally awesome.

Dual Skana Prime - Same as above but I think it is a bit of a waste to make a prime version of these.

Dual Glaive Prime - Far more impressive as a Founder melee weapon with a very distinctive style. Swords, Daggers, Hammers and Axes are all fairly common but the Glaive is pretty unique which is why lots of folks want to get it. Making a Prime version is going to make becoming a Founder rather tempting because you get a gold pair.

I already have collected a vast array of gear in the game and I can honestly say the Glaive is the most fun weapon I have tried.

As for a Prime Rifle ?

I'm glad you approve of my idea, but for the dual skana prime I think you misunderstand, I don't mean to make a brand new version of the normal dual skana but with gold on them, there is already a "skana prime" which is unique, and I was suggesting that they make that a dual wielding option, with two of them instead of just one.

As for your idea for a dual glaive prime, that seems like something they wouldn't be willing to do, both because it would probably entail reworking a new dual wiield animation for the glaive as well as changing the very nature of it.

And the paris bow prime probably doesn't really need it as wel because you can already color it whatever you want, although I understand your desire to have more gold "bling" even though I think we can't expect the devs to make everything prime.

If anything, they should have made a "prime Braton" as that is the iconic starting primary weapon of the game and it's a bit odd to have a melee weapon, and a secondary weapon be prime, but then no primary...