Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Can Make A Real Excalibur Suit

Nah_NotReally

So far it's the most realistic suit of them all in that we can successfully mimic its abilities (not the ult). Short-burst rocket propulsion for slash dash and super jump and ignited magnesium for radial blind.

Make the propulsion just strong enough to launch wearer's natural jump and dash after considering the wearer+suit's weight and you have the first 2 abilities if the wearer is athletic and gains a mastery of the suit. Put a device in the wrists (or make a sword) that ignites large bits of magnesium and you have radial blind.

Reinforce the spinal column with direct support from hips and legs structured with servomotors to keep the suit correctly aligned with itself and to keep the wearer from getting ruined with a jump or dash gone wrong.

Add in the necessary pistons (many smaller ones in place of single large ones to keep bulkiness to a minimum) to let the wearer actually move the weight of the suit.

Coat it with a strong, durable, light, and flexible material then, with the same material, add an outer shell larger, but directly proportional, to the wearer's figure to make it look like Excalibur and to enclose the unattractive details.

Line it with the strongest solar panels for a constantly charging backup energy source and install under the shell the most efficient capacitors to store the insane amount of electricity needed to fully power it.

It'd end up being like 12 feet tall, weigh a quarter of a ton, and cost half a billion dollars to make and work effectively but it'd be cool as hell and worth it.

It may sound reasonable on paper, but with current technology it is entirely infeasible.

The efficiency of the power system is probably the biggest limitation at this point.

Also, with #1 and #3, any rocket motor which can give enough force to accelerate the system is going to be single use, and not last long at all. In addition, you also need to consider any major accelerations exerted on the user's head, as high G-forces (lower than you might think) will kill.

That said, I am working on a concept, and depending on how well I can gather resources and what facilities I can get access to, I might have a working prototype chassis in the next 5 years.

(Think artificial muscles in a way that has not been done before.)

It may sound reasonable on paper, but with current technology it is entirely infeasible.

The efficiency of the power system is probably the biggest limitation at this point.

Also, with #1 and #3, any rocket motor which can give enough force to accelerate the system is going to be single use, and not last long at all. In addition, you also need to consider any major accelerations exerted on the user's head, as high G-forces (lower than you might think) will kill.

That said, I am working on a concept, and depending on how well I can gather resources and what facilities I can get access to, I might have a working prototype chassis in the next 5 years.

(Think artificial muscles in a way that has not been done before.)

I'm already excited. I'm an engineering student (elec, spec in robotics) currently so by then I should have a much better grasp on what can be done to make these a reality.