The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Guide

Yogotiss

Well you might wanna justify why you put the mods on the glaive.

If you don't know if the elemental mods work, might wanna test, and replace the crit with it. Since for as long as i have tried it, it did not crit. So why have mods that do nothing. Might as well take them off, put some of the elemental on to try, and if they add good crit, you put it back on.

And i have not seen any big difference on using Charge speed on the glaive.

Edited by NovaKiller

Well you might wanna justify why you put the mods on the glaive.

If you don't know if the elemental mods work, might wanna test, and replace the crit with it. Since for as long as i have tried it, it did not crit. So why have mods that do nothing. Might as well take them off, put some of the elemental on to try, and if they add good crit, you put it back on.

I changed it, I worded it wrong for I am super sleepy

Elemental mods work. At least my Shocking Touch procs on my glaive.Yet to test any of the other mods.

Edit; Also, might want to update;

"Bounces into a random direction when hitting an enemy."

As it also bounces into a random direction when hitting anything else.

In addition, rename the index;

"Moding The Glaive"

Should be; "Modding the Glaive"

(Unless I missed something and you meant it differently)

And

"I'm don't know if the elemental mods or the crit damage mods will work in the future."

Replace "I'm" with "I"

Edited by Skulliedoo

I have not seen the glaive do crits so i am pretty sure the crit mods are useless. Elements do work on the blade, because enemies do get slowed if you have ice on it. You will be throwing the thing more than doing normal attacks because the damage and speed on it is still pretty bad. I would remove the fury mod and replace it with another element as well as dropping the pressure point mod. Even with 3x damage on infected you need to swing like mad. Using the weapon for anything close range is useless you should just use the primary or secondary. 

... I suppose this is a good example of how not to mod a glaive

Not to sound offensive, but I pretty much agree.  The fury, pressure point, organ shatter, and true steel all seem to be a pretty huge waste on the glaive.  I'd suggest sticking with elemental mods to further increase its charge damage, because let's face it, that's the only reason anyone is ever going to tote the glaive around.

Note: fury might not be a total waste; unsure how it affects the glaive.  If it increases the swing speed when throwing like it increases the swing speed of other charge attacks, it might be useful to fill in the last ~9 mod points.  Certainly lower priority than the charge mods and ele mods though, imo.

Edited by Wriith

Elemental mods work. At least my Shocking Touch procs on my glaive.Yet to test any of the other mods.

Edit; Also, might want to update;

"Bounces into a random direction when hitting an enemy."

As it also bounces into a random direction when hitting anything else.

In addition, rename the index;

"Moding The Glaive"

Should be; "Modding the Glaive"

(Unless I missed something and you meant it differently)

And

"I'm don't know if the elemental mods or the crit damage mods will work in the future."

Replace "I'm" with "I"

lol thanks I was tired while writing this. For some reason the elemental mods don't work for me. I'll have to submit a ticket or something

Edited by Yogotiss

Alright I just retried the elemental mods and they do work, for some reason they didn't before. I fix the guide and made corrections and added the crit damaging mods as a suggestion in case of an update giving the glaive crit ability.

warframe201305010728402.png

So... you're advising using a literally worthless mod for crit chance in the hypothetical event that the devs make it merely bad at some point in the future?

Edited by Worira

Why are you people putting Reflex Coil in the Polarity slot? Put either Fire or Shock Elemental in there and gain some extra Mod Points to spare.

Because they don't know how to Warframe.

Why are you people putting Reflex Coil in the Polarity slot? Put either Fire or Shock Elemental in there and gain some extra Mod Points to spare.

When you level it goes there at low level. We just forgot to switcharoo:) + Glaive does not suffer from lack of capacity. It has a weird setup. Thanks though ill change my soon.

aZUfFa9.jpg

I've just been mulling over this. If you are purely using it as a thrown weapon, then you could drop Pressure Point as it is only for normal attacks. This could be replaced with Fury (also takes 9 points when maxed) which will increase your throw speed further (there has been some conclusive tests on the wiki). Then If you switched the Reflex Coil position with either Shocking Touch or Molten Impact you would be left with 4 points to spare. The only option would be to put in Staggering Force giving you 7.5% Stun chance. Could work out nicely.

I would try it out myself but I just don't have high enough level mods to easily tell the difference.

Edited by Shifty_Shuffler